How do you like your quinoa????

Options
krislshoe
krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
Hey everyone...just needing some quinoa ideas...what is your favorite way to eat it:) I just recently started eating vegetarian and would love some tasty quinoa recipes. Thanks a bunch

Replies

• VeronicaAM
    Options
    Once I make it with pico de gallo and was not bad , also I put some in the vegetable soup ,
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of brown rice for stir fries when I need a faster meal.

I put it in Salad in a Jar.

Some really good recipes at allrecipes.com, though probably not as healthy as skinnytaste etc
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    with peanut sauce & red pepper flakes, yum!
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Mixed with spinach and feta cheese.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I like to use it in a stir fry, in place of the rice
  • LisaGod85
    LisaGod85 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like it with cucumbers,a protein source, and garlic vinegrette. yesterday it was quinoa with avocados, tomatoes, some lime juice and onions for a Guac salad.
    I'll also have it with ricotta cheese and a tablespoon of spaghetti sauce - it really goes with anything!
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have been dying to try this:

http://thelemonbowl.com/2012/10/hummus-quinoa-cakes.html

Mmm. I like it with a little salt and pepper, or with a tsp of sesame oil.
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE it for breakfast! Cinnamon, little sugar(sweetener/honey) *sigh... :)
  • mlanser08
    mlanser08 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I make it with wine or stock instead of water and I like to add Greek yogurt to it with a tad of cheese.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I've never tried any of these recipes, but they are an interesting idea. A lot of "quinoa bite" type of recipes on here.

http://www.soveryblessed.com/2012/01/cheesy-quinoa-bites.html
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    in my mouth :)

Jk. I tried this Mayan salad at a place in town and it had red quinoa, sweet potato, corn salsa, caggage, beets....bomb!
  • nanook37
    nanook37 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This recipe rocks - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quinoa-and-black-beans/

Cilantro and cumin are your friends... You can also throw in a can/fresh diced tomatoes or steamed spinach if you want at add even more flavors...
  • szarlotka717
    szarlotka717 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'll sometimes toss in some dried cranberries or other dried fruit while it's cooking (makes a semi-sweet pilaf that's good as a side dish, especially in fall and winter).

I've used a quinoa pilaf recipe before as a stuffing for squash.

I've sometimes mixed roasted fruits and veggies in with prepared quinoa, sometimes adding cheese.

I've also added small quinoa to green salads (so that there's more green salad/other salad ingredients than quinoa).

I also have had success with adding some fresh strawberries, basil, and plain yogurt (just enough to coat a little for flavor- not enough to actually appear visible as yogurt when mixed) to quinoa as a slightly warm salad. It's the only quinoa recipe that my husband has actually liked so far. :)
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    on somebody else's plate
  • nanook37
    nanook37 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    With bacon....
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Bump! I need some good ideas. For some reason, quinoa intimidates me and I have no idea what to do with it!
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Quinoa , red wine vinegar, oil, spinach, feta cheese, corn, fresh cilantro, shallots YUMM. Maybe a bit of s & p.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    For breakfast: boiled with chocolate unsweetened almond milk until cooked, mixed with blueberries and a mashed banana. :)

For dinner: boiled with chicken broth, squeeze of lemon overtop after serving
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    usually pour some cholula hot sauce on mine
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I have made it with pico before and was tasty.