Stereotypes that DON'T fit you

Options

Replies

• rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    That "Fifty Shades Of Grey" is anywhere close to being real BDSM.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I have never seen nor have the desire to see the Notebook. I hate chick flicks.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian and I can skate but don't like hockey. I'm gonna get beat like a rented mule for that one.

I'm a guy and I hate beer. Still Canadian and in even more trouble now.
    I have come to the conclusion that you are an alien pretending to be a Canadian, its the only explination I could think of....
  • tetecia
    tetecia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhat thin. And I don't need a sandwich, or a burger. I eat plenty of them.

I'm a parent and as much as I love my children I do not think they poop gold, or will cure cancer.

THIS^^^

I'm very petite and short; therefore people always assume that i am 16 and that when i'm out with my kids i'm the babysitter.
    No, Fool! I'm 27 and a Mother.

Also, since i'm hispanic i must love alcohol.....seriously?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Because I'm a feminist I must hate kinky sex and fashion. WRONG!

I'm an atheist and I don't hate religious people. Except when they infringe on my human rights or stand outside of Planned Parenthood harassing women coming to get their yeast infections treated.

Proud Southerner and I'm not illiterate, married to my cousin, don't have a country accent, and I don't like collard greens. AND I HATE COUNTRY MUSIC.

To me, a feminist is anyone who thinks men and women deserve equal rights. A man can be a feminist. It's not reserved for man hating ball busters, certainly.

This. I could see the stereotype being, "Feminists must hate men," because I see that enough on here, let alone off the comp... but I've never heard of a stereotype linking feminists to vanilla sex?
  • GeekTink
    GeekTink Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm a blonde, but I am incredibly smart.

I am bisexual, but I don't go sleeping around with both sexes all the time. And I'm NOT Straight one time and Lesbian the next.

I'm a good driver. I only drive like a grandma to stay safe.

I love to dress up and be girlie, but I love W.O.W and Manga along with D&D, Minecraft, and Legend of Zelda more.

I'm tall, but I have never liked basketball.

I was in track and field, but I only did shotput and discus.

I am a girl, but dammit I know how to change my own oil, change a tire, and check and replace all of my fluids, SO STOP OFFERING. (I know most people are just being nice, but some auto think that girl's couldn't possibly know how to work on their own vehicle.)

I live in Arkansas, but I'm not a dumb, drunk Redneck hillbilly without teeth. (Nor do I sleep with or hit on family members)

I'm an atheist, but I don't knock people's religion. I don't go around judging people because of it. Hey, you are your own person, think what you want! Why should my opinion matter that much to you anyway? I think it is wonderful that some people can wholeheartedly believe in something like that, but I just don't.

That's all I can think of right now ^.^
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options

I'm an atheist and I don't hate religious people. Except when they infringe on my human rights or stand outside of Planned Parenthood harassing women coming to get their yeast infections treated.

Ugh yes to both of these. I'm both an atheist and a feminist- but that doesn't mean I "have no morals" or "must want people to go around killing each other!" And I don't hate men, end of.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    that one about how because I dislike sexism and call people on it that i must somehow dislike men.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I am not an angry black woman. I'm just an angry woman.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

Ugh yes to both of these. I'm both an atheist and a feminist- but that doesn't mean I "have no morals" or "must want people to go around killing each other!" And I don't hate men, end of.

haha! That is awesome! I was just saying the same thing.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I have a decent beard and an increasingly growing stache.

I do not know, or care, about:
    1. Whisker Wars
    2. Duck Dynasty

I'm also from NC, but don't care anything about NASCAR.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    that one about how because I dislike sexism and call people on it that i must somehow dislike men.

Me too. I love men. I even want to marry one. I just don't believe in unfair treatment of anyone, for any reason.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Oh, and a waitress told me I couldn't be English because I spoke too many languages :laugh:
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm the best driver/parallel parker ever and I'm a woman!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I'm deaf,

most people seem to think that means that I'm mute and dumb.

I'm neither.
  • _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    That I must be Mexican just because im latin.. NOT, Puerto Rican here.. and proud of it!! :bigsmile:
  • GeekTink
    GeekTink Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am not an angry black woman. I'm just an angry woman.

Wonderful!! :)
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I live in Tennessee but hate country music.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I have really short hair and I've never really dated anyone, so I MUST be gay.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    That I naturally have light hair because I'm so pale and get freckles easily (nope, dark brown, just a freak of nature)