is it worth it in the end?

Options
sometimes i start to think is it really worth it, why i am i trying this hard, what am i really going to accomplish at the end of all this. will it be a positive change or a negative change in my life. how do you guys deal with this?

Replies

• akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    Lost 90 pounds. Feel great! Look good! Have lots more energy! All my bloodwork came out good. Look good in jeans! Definitely worth it!!!
  • MBNagel74
    MBNagel74 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    The only regret I have is not starting sooner...
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    YES
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    It's like people trying to tell me money won't make me happy. I've decided I want to find out. If it doesn't, I can always give the money away.

Same thing with losing weight and getting in shape. It's really easy to gain it back and get out of shape again if you don't like it!
  • 150bam
    150bam Posts: 30
    Options
    Absolutely worth it! Bending over to tie shoes will be easier. Choosing an outfit will become fun. Being more adventurous will be easier. Life will no longer be about your weight, but will be about living. I have only begun, but I know this is a journey I will not regret. I understand your fears. There is the possibility that I won't be a wall flower anymore. I hate to think of people making a big deal about my weight loss. I wish I could do this in a bubble and not let anyone see it until I have accomplished it and mentally come to terms with it on my own. However, its nearly impossible to do this in a bubble and you simply need to do this for yourself. That's all that matters! Yes, its worth it! let's go!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Let's see -

I have more energy.
    I feel healthier.
    I'm a positive role model for my children.
    I can play with my children at the park without feeling like I'm going to have a heart attack.
    I have a generally better outlook on life.
    I'm probably going to live longer, and have a more enjoyable retirement.
    I look better in clothes.
    I look better out of clothes.
    Hell, even my memory is improving.

In exchange for eating a little better and doing a couple of hours exercise a week. Is it worth it? Heck yes it is.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Funny thing, but when I really enjoy the change is not when I step on the scale or wear size x clothes or look at my reports or any of that. But there are the moments when I am driving somewhere listening to music and being just so comfortable sitting in my audi seats in my jeans; no longer feeling like havint to sit down in the bath tub just to wash my hair 'cos standing feels just fine, and really simply finding easiert to grab a bag and walk to the store rather than taking the car and do the whole parking-trolley thing just to buy a couple of food items. For me: *this is it*!
    :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    YES.

A million times, yes.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    The feeling of accomplishment and self worth is priceless!! Yes - ITS TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Well, you know, it's only food. And you're still going to be eating for the rest of your life...so it's not like you can't eat. You can, and you can eat the things you like, just less of them.

Plus exercise can be fun if it's something you like doing, and there must be SOMETHING, even just a nice walk in the park.

The plus side to losing weight is way bigger than the negative side. So yes, it's worth it in the end.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    definately worth it, worth every bit of agony and hard work and sweat and tears.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    very worth it in the end.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me like either you're having trouble visualizing your goal so you don't know exactly what it is or you're having trouble dealing with giving up food. Is having all the food you want a bigger payoff than being thinner, healthier, and feeling better? Only you can answer that.
  • kamp150
    kamp150 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    foods not the problem its more so is me having to work 10x harder just to catch up with with the rest. i guess im just venting
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    foods not the problem its more so is me having to work 10x harder just to catch up with with the rest. i guess im just venting

Who are you trying to catch up to? People who have already lost weight? People you're comparing yourself to? I read a great quote recently. "Comparison is the thief of joy". Do your best to focus on your own journey and try not to let outside influences get to you too much. What does it matter what someone else's weight loss journey was like? The only thing that matters is that you stick to yours.

Venting is good. Just don't let it get you to think negatively for too long. Hang in there. :smile:
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    You're 18 and male - you already have two big advantages in losing weight. What do you mean by having to work 10x harder?
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    very worth it. the feeling of satisfaction and control over my body, eating habits, everything, is the best thing i've ever done.

invest in yourself!!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

Don't feel like you have to catch up with anyone. The best decision I made was to stay introspective. I'm doing it just for me, and I won't compare myself to anyone. It's a cliche, but I'm working towards being "me, only better". Me 2.0, if you will. If I lose half a pound in a week, I celebrate - I don't look at someone else and get jealous that they lost 2 pounds.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    You remind me of the people that say stuff like this about making the earth more 'green' because of global warming.

"What if we make all these changes, and make everything safe and healthy and strong for the future and things are made financially better, more cost-effective, less waste, less time consuming, and push ourselves to really truly make a difference... and it turns out that global warming isnt real!!!!!!!!!!!! Then we did all this hard work for nothing?!!??

...Pass."

Are you one of those people that is only in this for one thing and if you have to work hard for it every day for more than a month, then you just aren't interested anymore?

You cant be brave if you arent scared and you cant work hard on an easy job.