lost ZERO pounds and I'm HUNGRY!

Options
13»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    OP...most people start here and they just go balls to the wall with the most aggressive formula MFP can give you. Most people have extremely unrealistic expectations of magical overnight weigh loss and the pounds just melting away. Truth be told, 1,200 calories per day, even when properly netted with exercise isn't enough for a vast many. You have to wrap your brain around the fact that safe and healthy weight loss is extremely gradual (.5 - 2 Lbs per week)...and the less you have to lose, the more gradual it should be. Too many people select the 1,200 calorie goal and then add a bunch of exercise and don't eat to fuel that activity and net a very low calorie ...this creates too big a deficit...not only are you hungry, but if you're doing this, you will ultimately stall your metabolism.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Eat. Just, eat.

I'm still struggling with that wisdom. After all, eating is what got me here.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    5 days is probably too short a time to expect results. Drink lots of water, eat at a moderate deficit, and give the body some time to work.

Exactly.

Do something consistently for at least a month and see what's up.

Eat al the calories you are allowed.

Add any exercise you can each day.

You will lose weight.