Y is Dr. Oz always promoting these quick diets

Options
Shouldn't a doctor kno better and wanna promote healthy eating and exercise? I mean he does but every episode he's promoting a different diet.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If someone paid you millions wouldn't you? I know I would promote Raspberry Ketones for lots of money.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I
    CAN
    NOT
    STAND
    HIM!

or Dr.Phil for that matter.
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Money. At some point, I do believe he was a good doctor. But, he sold out himself to the highest bidder almost immediately after getting on TV. If someone wants to pay him to promote something, he will.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    More so... why are people dumb enough to believe that quick fixes really work?
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    If someone paid you millions wouldn't you? I know I would promote Raspberry Ketones for lots of money.
    Well since u put it that way lol
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't a doctor kno better and wanna promote healthy eating and exercise? I mean he does but every episode he's promoting a different diet.

the answer...

tumblr_lu6yb1X9qf1r62be5o1_500.gif
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I loved dr oz until I realized the "secret" to weightloss was simple healthy eating and exercise. I used to wanna try everything he promoted =/
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    ObamaMoney.Gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Nuuuuuuuu.....not Psu! No sell your soul for the green stuff. (and no, I don't mean those green coffee bean things either).
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Money honey. And to be totally honest it really chaps my bass! I mean honestly a doctor should really not promote such things.

I HATE the fact MD's are trying to sell "quick fixes" to the masses who are often too lazy or desperate to do the proper research on it.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is actually a sadist who enjoys dreaming of the failures people will encounter as they foolishly adopt his latest rapid weight loss gimmick.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    He is a charlatan!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is actually a sadist who enjoys dreaming of the failures people will encounter as they foolishly adopt his latest rapid weight loss gimmick.
    I truthfully think he probably started out with the best of intentions.

But like polititians the more power you have, the more strange bedfellows..
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Because ERRRRRYBODY wants a quick fix. There's NO SUCH THING
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

he got a taste of fame from Oprah. he got a taste of easy money from TV syndication. i think it's as simple as that.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

he got a taste of fame from Oprah. he got a taste of easy money from TV syndication. i think it's as simple as that.

Agreed.

The bottom line:

The man's a QUACK
  • DivineRED1
    DivineRED1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    In the first season, he was all about healthy eating, exercising and not pills and powders. Sad b/c he used to really help people and made people want to get healthier.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    reverse-1253527972_money.gif
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I
    CAN
    NOT
    STAND
    HIM!

or Dr.Phil for that matter.

At least Dr. Oz was a real doctor at some point.

*edited to add... I still think Oz is a quack and I hate how Oprah made these guys into huge marketing gimmicks that people like my mom trust unquestioningly.
  • tammycolbert
    tammycolbert Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I fell for the Raspberry Ketone crap, I am smarter then that, but it just sounded so good. I guess it's true, if it sounds to good to be real, it isn't real. Good thing I only spent $9.99