Tell me about your fur babies!

Options
124»

Replies

• nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    We have three pups.

The first one is Coco. I rescued her seven years ago. She is a Chinese Shar-Pei and Schnauzer mix. She was horribly beaten by some kids on a soccer field. She was a week old, under a pound, and they told me she would die the first night I had her. Multiple surgeries later and lots of bottle feeding (and a mass of my financial aid checks), she is the picture of health and the love of my life.

8491876686_e156a7f0ac.jpg
    IMG_6298 by LaNatalie, on Flickr

Then we have Fleur. He is a Eurasier. He is also a rescue, from a puppy mill (another sad story). He is four years old and the best brother to his sisters.

8490774289_0071f6b9ba.jpg
    IMG_5973 by LaNatalie, on Flickr

This is how he asks for a belly rub.

8491876070_5d98d3f30b.jpg
    IMG_1592 by LaNatalie, on Flickr

This is how painfully gorgeous he was as a pup.

8490774465_f2bc59b390.jpg
    IMG_0311 by LaNatalie, on Flickr

Next up we have our newest pup, Hazel. She is a pure bred Chinese Shar Pei (No worries; she is from a small but top breeder). I want to inhale her wrinkles.

8490773793_398884da32.jpg
    IMG_3971 by LaNatalie, on Flickr

This is how we are forced to sleep lol:

8491874360_670a3286bb.jpg
    IMG_5320 by LaNatalie, on Flickr
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I has a black domestic shorthaired cat called Archie. He was rescued from a woman a few towns over last year.
    He was 5 months old when we got him, but he's the size of a full grown cat at 7 months now. Big boy!
    He's a funny little bean.

The lady who had him before lived on her own much of the time, or so I gathered, and I got the impression her husband worked away a lot, and when he came home, they would put the cat in a cattery because the husband was allergic. As a result, Archie is really nervous around men, because he's used to female company.
    This was something we had to piece together as we weren't told this to begin with.

In fact, much of what we were told about him turned out to be wholly untrue. But we don't mind.
    He's still nervous around every but me, very much prefers women, yet will go to anyone who has a treat for him.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    This is my little boobers, her name is Kimber. She's a Chorkie, half chihuahua, half Yorkie. I just wanted her 'cause she's cute! <3

This breed is also very good with people in general, they are a bit hesitant with strangers but they warm up after a while and then they're your best friend lol
    Her fur is supposedly "hypo-allergenic" and she doesn't shed practically at all. We have to brush her a lot to maintain a healthy coat and get out knots, though.
    This breed is known for getting along well with other animals OF THEIR OWN SIZE, but watch out because they are known to challenge larger breeds. Once dominance is established by the larger breed, they usually become fast friends :) (She is BFFs with a Dalmatian/Pointer mix!) Just a small description for anyone looking for a good family doggie :)
    *Be careful around small children. Kimber is very very protective with a little one that comes over on the weekends, to the point she barks at ME if I so much as pick him up. For the most part, we have broken her of it, but be careful if you have little kiddos that you break them of that habit! :)

074fe63d-18eb-4497-908b-7592d369089a_zps435ecb0c.jpg

P.S. her leg is shaved because she had recently had surgery.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Well, it won't let me post the pics :/ Nevermind
  • DalekBrittany
    Options

This is how he asks for a belly rub.

8491876070_5d98d3f30b.jpg
    IMG_1592 by LaNatalie, on Flickr

I just wanna rub his wittle belly! How can you resist that? :)
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I have three. But i only love 2 of them haha.

#1 Puss (in boots!) - my silly kitty. He looks just like the actual Puss in boots, but he doesn't have the sexy accent haha.
    #2 Nova - my little doggie. She is 4 and is my baby. Everyone thinks she is a puppy and she is not.

#3 the evil step child Mandy - she is a German Shepard that was given to us at a year of age. She has a lot of bad habits that I am not fond of :grumble:
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    More pics of Kimmy and her habits :)

This is her very subtle way of asking for "belly wubs"

kim1_zps4e875230.jpg

This is one of the many times she decided she really needed to cuddle my general face/head area:

kim2_zps6085bd3d.jpg

This is her remarkable overbite:

kim3_zpsa744a43c.jpg

And this is her and I watching TV together, which we often do.

kim4_zps85a0c12b.jpg

Also, and I have no idea how or why she started doing this, but every single night when it's time for her to go to bed (usually about 10 or 11, and yes she has a bedtime) she grabs a puppy she has, specifically the blue one, and she then suckles it and kneads it (yes, like a cat) until she falls asleep. It's the weirdest thing in the world, but it's so darn cute.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    BeauBeau is a 12 year old brindle colored shih tzu.

Bunny is a 12 year old gold/white shih tzu.

Glory is a 10 year old liver shih tzu (liver is brown, brown nose--means absence of black pigmentation)

My sister was a breeder and shower before she died. These dogs are spoiled rotten and lazy! :)
  • cng31183
    cng31183 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Rocky is a three year old three pound white and tan chihuahua. He enjoys sleeping, having his armpits scratched, hotdogs, and chasing balls of paper. He has a fondness for ink pens and plastic which has lead to more than one emergency room visit. Hes my little boy and I love him.

Lucy is a corgi mix whom we nicknamed Thunder Paws from the way the room shakes when she walks in. She gets into everything and every day around midnight gets struck by a case of the zoomies. Not fun when your asleep and she has zoomed across your stommach. The dog is insane.