Want to start dating?

Options

Replies

• sabimausl85
    sabimausl85 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    oh no no no no no, doing anything by myself wont work.
    1. i wouldnt do it and 2. even if someone comes talking to me, i wouldnt know what to say.
  • claud81
    Options
    ahahah.. I feel like that too!
    I just ended a relation and I'm afraid to get back in... Sometimes I feel I will do fine alone and I'm better that way, but other times I just feel lonely.
    I think I'll never get a family of my own...
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I hate dating, its nothing but trouble and hassles. Dating today is nothing like it was years ago. Now its like the bachelorette and full of games. I just live my life until I meet someone amazing and then its on. I work 50 hours a week and dont have time to date. I would like to meet someone great but I dont need to. Who knows what will happen. Im extremely independent and I find most dont like that.. I want to share my life, not it be my whole life.

^^^ this. Dating is stupid. The better approach is to do your thing. When you least expect it, someone will walk into your life. For people who say that isn't true, they just keep expecting it to happen. You have to literally forget about it.

It's so true that it'll happen when you aren't after it. I remember I told my aunty I was over boys and was going to have a break (I was only 15 at the time) and within a week I met the guy I ended up marying. That was 30 years ago.
  • claud81
    Options
    That great I love stories with happy endings.. But that only happens to a small group of people, most of the times things end badly!! :brokenheart:
  • sabimausl85
    Options
    That great I love stories with happy endings.. But that only happens to a small group of people, most of the times things end badly!! :brokenheart:

correct!
  • neniplatas
    neniplatas Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Manda86--I LOVE Chemistry Cat! :laugh:
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I hate dating, its nothing but trouble and hassles. Dating today is nothing like it was years ago. Now its like the bachelorette and full of games. I just live my life until I meet someone amazing and then its on. I work 50 hours a week and dont have time to date. I would like to meet someone great but I dont need to. Who knows what will happen. Im extremely independent and I find most dont like that.. I want to share my life, not it be my whole life.

^^^ this. Dating is stupid. The better approach is to do your thing. When you least expect it, someone will walk into your life. For people who say that isn't true, they just keep expecting it to happen. You have to literally forget about it.

Well said and i agree. That is the key, just forgetting about it and do your own thing. You can just be walking down the street and bump into that person unexpectedly. You just never know.
  • claud81
    Options

correct!

Look, if you really feel that way, then you begin all your relationship with a wall of doubt. You need to fix that before you get into another one. You sound like a victim. You don't want that.

You're right, I know that.. I don't think i'm a victim but i'm realistic.
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options

Well said and i agree. That is the key, just forgetting about it and do your own thing. You can just be walking down the street and bump into that person unexpectedly. You just never know.

This!!! 100%
  • Macgeek74
    Options

Im sorry you got hurt. I hope you are ok. Its his loss. Not all end badly but many do. With many, the reason why relationships dont work is cause they put so unrealistic expectations on relationships. Life is life and that fairy tail love stuff is just in the movies. SO many women go into relationships thinking it is going to be that love they see in the movies and bam reality hits and then they are unhappy and cheat or break up.

Relationships should be about love, trust, intimacy, dedication, being best friends, team work, communication, hard work, having fun, having each other's back, trust, and never giving up. It is never going to be perfect and infact it will be stressful and sometimes hard and have problems. You just need to find that person who will always be there for you and work through anything. Grand parents didnt get their love life from the Twilight movies or from Kim Kardashian and many have that true love.

I noticed a big reason why people dont work out is because many can not get off their cellphones to enjoy or talk anymore. I miss the days when you stayed up all night and just talk. I miss the feeling when you fisrt see you other walk in the door and you hugged them and talked about each other's day and sat down and had dinner together. Now they text all day and then come home and have nothing to talk about then get on the computer or ipad. ALl of this is also why I never married. Things are not the same anymore. Going on dates is again, getting them off that phone is impossible.
  • sabimausl85
    Options
    dont blame it on women now.
    i mean i know i got my own personal issues (selfesteem, confidence, pessimism...) but women and men both have their flaws.
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options

Im sorry you got hurt. I hope you are ok. Its his loss. Not all end badly but many do. With many women, the reason why relationships dont work is cause they put so unrealistic expectations on relationships. Life is life and that fairy tail love stuff is just in the movies. SO many women go into relationships thinking it is going to be that love they see in the movies and bam reality hits and then they are unhappy and cheat or break up.

Relationships should be about love, trust, intimacy, dedication, being best friends, team work, communication, hard work, having fun, having each other's back, trust, and never giving up. It is never going to be perfect and infact it will be stressful and sometimes hard and have problems. You just need to find that person who will always be there for you and work through anything. Grand parents didnt get their love life from the Twilight movies or from Kim Kardashian and many have that true love.

I noticed a big reason why people dont work out is because many can not get off their cellphones to enjoy or talk anymore. I miss the days when you stayed up all night and just talk. I miss the feeling when you fisrt see you other walk in the door and you hugged them and talked about each other's day and sat down and had dinner together. Now they text all day and then come home and have nothing to talk about then get on the computer or ipad. ALl of this is also why I never married. Things are not the same anymore. Going on dates is again, getting them off that phone is impossible.

Holy crap. Just listen to this guy, he gets it. Good luck hun! :)
  • sabimausl85
    Options
    he is right, and i wish more men would think like that.
  • bonzilla101
    bonzilla101 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I certainly get lonely for affection, hugs and kisses, cuddling and caressing. I'd like to say that I want to date, but the truth is, I want to explore my own interests for a while. I have been single for a little over a year now, my children are grown and living away from home, and I feel like I am really living my life for the first time. Don't get me wrong, I love my children, and without them I believe I would not have made it this far in life, but I am just now realizing interests I have, and getting back to interests put aside long ago. I'm loving life like never before, and loving myself more than ever. I feel great about the path I am on, and one day a fabulous man is going to present himself to me. No need to rush things.
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    i mean i know i got my own personal issues (selfesteem, confidence, pessimism...) but women and men both have their flaws.

I don't see it as blaming women, there's some really good points.
  • Macgeek74
    Options

I am not blaming it on women, men have their own issues too. I will say the cellphone thing is a huge problem though. I work in the industry and some studies have show that is the number one reason for problems cause it breaks down communication, temptation, and cheating. I know everytime ive seen a couple fight, the first thing they do is pick that phone up and start texting. Its been proven most people already have a replacement before the relationship ends. Im not saying people shouldnt text and play on their phones but their has to be couple quality time and respect. Its not going to kill someone to have dinner for 40 minutes without their phones.
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    I certainly get lonely for affection, hugs and kisses, cuddling and caressing. I'd like to say that I want to date, but the truth is, I want to explore my own interests for a while. I have been single for a little over a year now, my children are grown and living away from home, and I feel like I am really living my life for the first time. Don't get me wrong, I love my children, and without them I believe I would not have made it this far in life, but I am just now realizing interests I have, and getting back to interests put aside long ago. I'm loving life like never before, and loving myself more than ever. I feel great about the path I am on, and one day a fabulous man is going to present himself to me. No need to rush things.

That is the perfect attitude to have! Good for you! :)
  • Fr3dd13
    Options
    Don't start dating at all. Just get some male friends, and hang out. Remember, on dates, everyone is on their best behaviour, but your friends show their true colours. In this way, you will find the right guy for you.