Want to start dating?

Options

Replies

• sabimausl85
    sabimausl85 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    dont blame it on women now.
    i mean i know i got my own personal issues (selfesteem, confidence, pessimism...) but women and men both have their flaws.

I am not blaming it on women, men have their own issues too. I will say the cellphone thing is a huge problem though. I work in the industry and some studies have show that is the number one reason for problems cause it breaks down communication, temptation, and cheating. I know everytime ive seen a couple fight, the first thing they do is pick that phone up and start texting. Its been proven most people already have a replacement before the relationship ends. Im not saying people shouldnt text and play on their phones but their has to be couple quality time and respect. Its not going to kill someone to have dinner for 40 minutes without their phones.

i really agree on this one! and you do have really good points, but in another post you said that you blame women cuz they want it to be like in the movies. thats all i was talking about. and i also said, its both, men and women.
  • sabimausl85
    Options
    I certainly get lonely for affection, hugs and kisses, cuddling and caressing. I'd like to say that I want to date, but the truth is, I want to explore my own interests for a while. I have been single for a little over a year now, my children are grown and living away from home, and I feel like I am really living my life for the first time. Don't get me wrong, I love my children, and without them I believe I would not have made it this far in life, but I am just now realizing interests I have, and getting back to interests put aside long ago. I'm loving life like never before, and loving myself more than ever. I feel great about the path I am on, and one day a fabulous man is going to present himself to me. No need to rush things.

i wish i could start exploring whats best for me and wahat makes me happy the most. idk where to start though, i m just in a deep deep hole right now.
  • westerly34
    Options
    Easyy for girls...just go to gym see a guy u like go to a machine you have no idea how it works and ask for help loll
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am not trying to generalize but men dont say they are looking for that fairytale love. Now men do tend to put too much emphasis on sex in the relationship and think sex is coming every 2 hours. I dont blame either, I jst think people just dont communicate anymore nor have real expectations.
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    Easyy for girls...just go to gym see a guy u like go to a machine you have no idea how it works and ask for help loll

Lmao not quite that easy.
  • turtlefitnessdad
    turtlefitnessdad Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    i don't think i should start dating, my wife would be pissed!!!!
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    i don't think i should start dating, my wife would be pissed!!!!

I'm thinking you're right.
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    From this forum it looks like macgeek wants to date you:laugh: :huh:
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I hate dating, its nothing but trouble and hassles. Dating today is nothing like it was years ago. Now its like the bachelorette and full of games. I just live my life until I meet someone amazing and then its on. I work 50 hours a week and dont have time to date. I would like to meet someone great but I dont need to. Who knows what will happen. Im extremely independent and I find most dont like that.. I want to share my life, not it be my whole life.

^^^ this. Dating is stupid. The better approach is to do your thing. When you least expect it, someone will walk into your life. For people who say that isn't true, they just keep expecting it to happen. You have to literally forget about it.

Exactly what happened to me, I tried internet dating, went on a couple of dates but found it such hard work I gave up. Was finally in a place where I was happy with myself and started chatting to a guy who drinks in my pub, who is now my lovely boyfriend!
  • sabimausl85
    Options
    communication in person is one of the most important things! this is correct.
    we all have our issues, but only some human beings try to get everything straight and work it out. about 95% just move on to the next misery.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

that all comes from me being not selfconcious at all. sucks for me/us ;(

surely being not self concious is a good thing?

or did you mean being not self confident?!
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    we all have our issues, but only some human beings try to get everything straight and work it out. about 95% just move on to the next misery.

Aren't you a ball of happiness! I think the percentage of those who try to work it out is higher than 5%.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I've been single for a while now and I have a desire to start dating. I just feel like I don't have time to go out. I work 35+ hours a week and go to school. I don't have time to go out and meet new people although I meet people in general just by working in retail. I feel though that wanting to go out and start dating is hindering me from doing so. They always say when you're looking for something you won't find it. I'm wondering though if by wanting something I'm actually looking for it? Tips and tricks to get into the dating scene? lol

Sounds like something casual might suit you better.

I'll inbox you my number.
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    I've been single for a while now and I have a desire to start dating. I just feel like I don't have time to go out. I work 35+ hours a week and go to school. I don't have time to go out and meet new people although I meet people in general just by working in retail. I feel though that wanting to go out and start dating is hindering me from doing so. They always say when you're looking for something you won't find it. I'm wondering though if by wanting something I'm actually looking for it? Tips and tricks to get into the dating scene? lol

Sounds like something casual might suit you better.

I'll inbox you my number.

Lmao
  • sabimausl85
    Options

that all comes from me being not selfconcious at all. sucks for me/us ;(

surely being not self concious is a good thing?

or did you mean being not self confident?!

confident.. sorry, english isnt my mother language.
  • sabimausl85
    Options

Aren't you a ball of happiness! I think the percentage of those who try to work it out is higher than 5%.

i havent even seen this 5% yet, sorry, i m just a pessimist.
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options

Maybe that is what's holding you back from seeing it. You're setting yourself up to fail before you even get started!!!
  • sabimausl85
    Options

Maybe that is what's holding you back from seeing it. You're setting yourself up to fail before you even get started!!!

i dont set me up to fail. i at least try to make the best out of it and try! but i just never experienced the good.
    i do not go in a relationship with the feeling that it wont work out anyways.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    The best things come when you're not trying, so just relax and see how things go. You might meet someone at school, or someone might notice you when you're working at your retail job and want to chat you up or get your number. You might have been noticed by someone from afar and not even know it yet :wink:
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Are you just looking to date men? You should broaden your horizons a bit. Men are over-rated.....really.

Lol! Oh I so WISH it was that easy damn it! :wink: