whats a good size thigh for a girl?

Options
I have a lot of fat on my hips and thighs. Currently my thigh measures 22" which seems way too big. Actually if they were firmer I wouldn't mind the size. What is a normal size thigh?

Replies

• lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    There is no 'normal' thigh size - it depends on many other factors. Were you the lady who posted a thread about being 6"4? If that is the case, then your thighs are not huge in comparison to your height.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    haha there is no normal size , all has to do with proportions . curves are hot anyway (my 2 cents)
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    22" is how big mine are. I'm 5'11, 34 years old and at goal at 150. I could afford to tighten up, but I'm happy with how everything looks...

BTW, OP? At 6'4 and 135lbs you'll more than likely look like a slight wind could knock you over, no offense. At 160, you are at a really great weight. What makes you think 135 is the magic number? If you aren't wild about your body comp, I'd start lifting heavy - that's just my 2 cents...
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    haha there is no normal size , all has to do with proportions . curves are hot anyway (my 2 cents)

^ great answer/opinion :p
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    Each girl has a different body so there is no normal size
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Thigh size is not one-size-fits-all. How is a 6 foot woman supposed to have he same thigh size of someone 5 feet tall? They're not. 22 doesn't seem way too large unless you are very short. You can always one up what you have but embrace it.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and weigh 202... mine are 22 also...
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I think it has to do with several factors, genetics also plays a big part.
    I am 5'5" and my left thigh is 22 1/4 and my righ thigh is 22 1/2. I am 3-4 lbs. under my original goal weight and they don't seem to want to get any smaller. They are the bain of my existence. I am just working on trying to tone them up.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Each girl has a different body so there is no normal size

This!

Someone of the same height and weight as you may have different measurements.

There is no normal size. Normal is what is best for YOUR body... not someone elses.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    are YOU happy with your thighs? That is the only question that should matter.
  • missymuffet
    missymuffet Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Mine are 22 inches too and that's where I hold my weight also..........butt and thighs. I find it disturbing ha ha and have this dream that someday maybe my thighs will thin out enough to not touch!!!!!
  • Beautifulsoull
    Options
    Theres no normal size for thighs. Each person is different and carries more fat in certain areas. Big thighs runs in my family, even the skinnest person has big thighs, something you got to deal with. If your not happy with the way they look you can tone them up.
  • skyblu263
    skyblu263 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    First: It's great you're getting healthy as well as watching your weight and size.
    Second: There's no "good" thigh size for a girl. At this point, if you haven't already, start looking at what makes YOU feel good. Not what everyone thinks the right size should be.

I'm not sure if you meant to come across this way. But, it sounds like you're wondering what society THINKS the right size should be. Women are different sizes. And once YOU begin loving how your clothes fit and once YOU begin to feel sexy and amazing, that is when your thigh is the right size.

So work on you and how much you want to be healthy and fit :)
  • jack3Dav3
    jack3Dav3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the measurement is, but whatever size is equivalent to "thunder" thighs is good:wink:
  • missymuffet
    missymuffet Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    once YOU begin loving how your clothes fit and once YOU begin to feel sexy and amazing, that is when your thigh is the right size.

[/quote]

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and my thighs are 14". I've actually been trying to bulk them up through exercise but got side tracked 5 weeks ago when I had one of my hips replaced. I'm thinking the same sorts of things I was doing to make my thighs larger might help to make yours smaller, if that's what you're aiming for, but I have to agree with what others have said here..... what's "normal" for one person might not be for another. Twenty-two inch thighs would be too big for me but might be fine on you depending on height and overall body composition.

Oh and I have a 31" waist! Tiny everywhere but THERE, and I've whittled it down a few inches through exercise. This is the way the women in my family are shaped. There are some things we only have limited control over and we have to embrace those parts of ourselves that just plain are what they are.
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    At 5'5" and 190lbs I am a total apple figure and my thighs are 22". I would like them a bit smaller but not more than 2".
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my thighs are 24 inches each (at their widest up top). I hate how big they are and I would kill to have your 22" thighs. Are you really over 6 feet? If so, then I would think you would not want your thighs to get much smaller. Maybe tone them, yes. But not smaller.
  • jepatton22
    Options
    once YOU begin loving how your clothes fit and once YOU begin to feel sexy and amazing, that is when your thigh is the right size.

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    [/quote]this is true thanks
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    25 xl??