whats a good size thigh for a girl?

Options

Replies

• TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    There is no "normal" size - some women have chicken legs, others have thunder thighs.

Exercise (especially strength training) so you have strong, gorgeous thighs no matter what the measurement.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I like me a nice drumstick thigh...
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 133 lbs. My thighs are 22". I have a picture of them in my profile picture so you can get a sense what they look like on me.
  • jepatton22
    Options
    I guess I feel they are so big because they are way bigger than my boyfriends and I feel huge compared to him.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I have decent slender legs mine is 19 1/2 at the fattest part
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I guess I feel they are so big because they are way bigger than my boyfriends and I feel huge compared to him.

Most women's thighs are bigger than men's naturally because 1) our pelvis is wider and therefore our femurs are at a wider distance than a man's and 2) we have estrogen receptors in that area that has many women pack on the pounds. Keep in mind you cannot spot reduce, you gotta lose fat in general to shed the fat off your thighs. My thighs were one of the things that slimmed up the most.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Most women's thighs are bigger than men's naturally because 1) our pelvis is wider and therefore our femurs are at a wider distance than a man's and 2) we have estrogen receptors in that area that has many women pack on the pounds. Keep in mind you cannot spot reduce, you gotta lose fat in general to shed the fat off your thighs. My thighs were one of the things that slimmed up the most.

stupid estrogen receptors causing thunder thighs....
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Big enough to fill you up, small enough so you can get all the meat off the bone.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Whatever size thighs a person happens to have are a good size.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    This depends on you!

I'm 5'7 and my right thigh is 24.5" and left is 25". (Left side of my body seems to have a common theme of everything being slightly bigger.. if you catch my drift. heh.. )

Ideally I would like to lose an inch from each... but thats just because of the excess fat thats on there. I don't think theres any "good " size, just what feels good to you and is healthy. :)
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    My thighs are 19" and I am trying to add. I worry more about the fat. I have added 1/2" in my calves and I am so proud!
  • squashyhelen
    squashyhelen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my thighs are 21.5. My waist is 25 ... it really depends on your genetics. At my lightest in high school, the circumference of my thighs were 3.5 inches off from my waist (20 vs. 23.5). You should be VERY glad for your thighs, especially in comparison to your height!
  • PilotX
    PilotX Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    thick thighs are sexy
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I wish I had 22" thighs. Mine are now 24" after 23 pounds lost, and I am 5'4".
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    thighs are hot. I like the size of mine. They are pretty big for my height. I'm 5'3.5'' and my things are about 20 inches. One is actually 19.5 inches and the other is 20 inches.
  • cbmom2013
    cbmom2013 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am 37 yrs and 5'10, currently weighing 153 with a goal of 140-145. My thighs measure 24" and I'm not happy with that. I have had them down to 22" which I thought was nice. My thighs have the "saddlebag" look to them (side pouch that you can actually grab) that's just pure fat. With leg raises and cardio activity, it helps but when I gain weight, my thighs & lower belly is where I gain. I'm a small to medium frame with a smaller upper body and big hips/thighs (ie...the pear shape). I agree that our measurements are all proportionate to the rest of our bodies, so there is no "one size fits all" in body measurements. I would love to get my waist to a 28" (which I have not seen in over 10 years)...I'm currently a 31" waist. So, right now, my measurements are 36-31-40. Not an awful set of measurements, but would like to have it back to 36-28-38.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Mine at 23" and I :heart: them
  • merayjayne
    Options
    I'm 27, 126 lbs, 5'-3", and my thighs are 22" too! I have big, strong thighs. Woohoo! I hated them since I was a teenager, until last year when I worked out really really hard, got down to 122 lbs... and they were STILL the same size! Then I decided I gotta love em. =) After all, curvy legs are sexy!
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    5'5", 128lb. and 22"-22 1/4" thighs, they are too thick for my liking have a hard time finding jeans to go up my thighs, very frustrating. Hope to take off a few more inches..
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

Does it really matter, with the boyfriend thighs/your thighs thing?

Just concentrate on your eating and exercise, it really is not a competition x