When your weight loss stalled what did you change

Options

Replies

• The1iceQueen
    Options
    I started out at 162lbs. When I hit a plateau, I find I have to mix it up with different exercises. If I add more calories I don't budge at all. Previously, I've used elliptical/P90x/30 day shred/Insanity. This time I went with Jillian Michaels-Ripped in 30 and do it the first 30 mins or I do Body Revolution and do Jillian Michaels-Yoga Meltdown the other 30 mins, has worked like a charm. I was at 129 and dropped to 126 in 2 weeks. 8 more lbs to go. If I do the same thing for too long my body gets used to it and it's not a challenge for my body so it stays the same weight no matter how much I eat and exercise, I've eaten 2800 calories before everyday for a week and didn't budge and inch or weight on the scale, which I guess is kinda good because when I get to my goal I can stick with a routine and maintain it easily. I do however cheat a little bit and take konjac root capsules about 20 minutes before I eat any sweets so that I won't absorb all the sugar.
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Bump, I'm too sleepy to read it all now.......
  • JBearsMom21
    JBearsMom21 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump to read later.
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I stopped going to extremes ate what was in my daily limit and ate normally i increased my workout and chilled over all ;)
  • aguethler
    aguethler Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I way upped my protien. I switched my macros to 40 carbs/30protien/30 protien. I don't always make it since when I have a really active day 30% protien is just more than I can eat, but I eat at least 115 of whatever unit they show per day now (I am 130lbs) and the scale has started moving again.
  • misspatrice562
    misspatrice562 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    good advice here . . . I will go through and read more later
  • SheShe_13
    SheShe_13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump for later.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    I started out at 162lbs. When I hit a plateau, I find I have to mix it up with different exercises. If I add more calories I don't budge at all. Previously, I've used elliptical/P90x/30 day shred/Insanity. AThis time I went with Jillian Michaels-Ripped in 30 and do it the first 30 mins or I do Body Revolution and do Jillian Michaels-Yoga Meltdown the other 30 mins, has worked like a charm. I was at 129 and dropped to 126 in 2 weeks. 8 more lbs to go. If I do the same thing for too long my body gets
    Rused to it and it's not a challenge for my body so it stays the same weight no domatter how much I eat and exercise, I've eaten 2800 calories before everyday for a week and didn't budge and inch or weight on the scale, which I guess is kinda good because when I get to my goal I can stick with a routine and maintain it easily. I do however cheat a little bit and take konjac root capsules about 20 minutes before I eat any sweets so that I won't absorb all the sugar.

this is exactly what I have found to help
  • marleniap
    marleniap Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Cut all Pre packed foods and all processed foods.

^^this^^
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Calories cycling (or zig-zag diet, if you google) seems to work for me, for now...
  • Richardson62617
    Richardson62617 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Rhozelyn
    Rhozelyn Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • shawn1112
    shawn1112 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck myself for almost 3 months since i quit smoking. Last 3-4 weeks I have been doing strength training at the gym and drinking whey protein shakes, 1 in the morning and 1 after a workout. That hasnt helped me, I'm going to give it another week and move on to something else. From reading these 3 pages on this topic I think I will up my calories from 1620 to 1850-2000 per day and see what happens.
  • nuday813
    nuday813 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    BUMP for when that time comes:smile:
  • CubicalF13
    CubicalF13 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I did a number of things:-

(1) bought a food scale, body tape measure and fat caliper of ebay and now use all of them frequently to try and keep an accurate measure of everything plus take photos often usually at the end of the week.
    (2) increased daily calorie intact from 1200 to 1,660 <- after 20 percent deficit
    (3) introduced 3 new meal sessions to my food diary making it 6 meals a day instead of the previous 3
    (4) eat protein with every meal whether its a supplement or in food.
    (5) drink 1-2litres water mixed with some lemon juice every so often in a week.
    (6) Increased cardio sessions beyond 30 minutes to between 40-120 minutes and changed them up each day so they where not the same example-jogging, sprint training, swimming, mountain bike riding, HIITS and various exercise videos.
    (7) Introduced more body weight and resistance band strength training exercises so that i targeted the whole body in one session instead of just one area.

My weekly routine is simple, interchange between strength and cardio for each day.
    Example- mon/wed/fri=cardio, tues/thur/sat=strength, sun= either rest or light exercise(stretching, hiking or casual walk)

These are what i can remember so far. good luck. ;)
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I took a look at my calories, and work out routine and saw what changed prior to the stall. For me it was keeping the calories consistently between 1200/1400 a day and uping the cardio length/intensity
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,702 Member
    Options
    I tried both decreasing calories and increasing. Finally ended up taking a three week diet break, and ate at maintenance for a while. Gained a little at first, but by the end of three weeks was back at my lowest weight. When I dropped back down to a deficit again, the scale started moving, albeit slowly. I now take a one or two week break every 3 or 4 months. I think it is good for both the mind and metabolism.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!