An Opinion please

polarsjewel
polarsjewel Posts: 1,725 Member
If you texted your girlfriend or boyfriend and they didn't bother to respond to you for two days, how would you react?

This happened to me recently and when I asked if they received the text, I was told "Yes" I asked why there was no response and got "No idea"

Personally, I think it's a pretty s hitty way to treat someone you say you love...

What do you all think?

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    21653154.jpg
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    What was the txt? Was it a question?
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    So you didn't talk to your significant other for 2 days?

You have bigger problems than an unnoticed/returned text message.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Sometimes I'll email my husband or message him on facebook and he doesn't respond. I asked him why and he said he didn't think he needed to because we had seen each other since or talked on the phone.

Has this boyfriend/girlfriend talked to you since you sent the text? Did you ask an actual question or did you just send a "hey, how you doing" type of text?
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    The "No Idea" part would make me angry. As per the rest, it depends on how well established the relationship is.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Call them and talk about it. I have a friend who is horrid with email and text - she just doesn't care for it and gives the simplest answer she can get away with. So it's much easier to just pick up the phone (even though I'm not a phone talker) and have a conversation and get it over with.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    It would be done. I hate to say that. But there is a lack of respect there, that is much needed in a loving healthy relationship. Unless of course there was a reason for this like him being out of country/state... abducted by aliens... being audited....
  • This seems like an appropriate response
    1324580100_slomo_car_explosion.gif
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    I get crazy when it takes him more than 2 minutes. 2 days? Hack his fb page, email, myspace. Find out what the mf'ers up to.

2y3l.jpg
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    I would think that person is not my boyfriend/girlfriend....
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,177 Member
    Depends. Does my wife know about said girlfriend ? If yes then I would be pissed. If she doesn't know then I would say I dodged a bullet.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    My opinion would be to seek help.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Just break up.
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Not to be the bearer of doom, but when that happened to me, the response I got when finally got hold of them was to be dumped!!
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Burn his house down.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Does he know he's your boyfriend?
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    If you texted your girlfriend or boyfriend and they didn't bother to respond to you for two days, how would you react?

If I hadn't heard from my boyfriend for two days, I would question the relationship.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Are you sure you're his girlfriend?
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Only invest emotion in people that invest it back in you. Don't waste your time on people that don't.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Not talking for 2 days, and then the "no idea" part signifies a distancing to me. If this is the first time, I wouldn't be alarmed. But if it isn't, I'd be distancing myself as well. You can always leave when you don't like the way a partner is treating you. Good luck.