An Opinion please

Replies

• HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    If you texted your girlfriend or boyfriend and they didn't bother to respond to you for two days, how would you react?

This happened to me recently and when I asked if they received the text, I was told "Yes" I asked why there was no response and got "No idea"

Personally, I think it's a pretty s hitty way to treat someone you say you love...

What do you all think?

I frequently text my husband and get no response. Usually the reason is that he's busy. No idea is generally a response that means, "No idea. " He may have thought he responded. He may have been busy. It might not have been important to him to respond. Frankly, if it's that earth shattering, I'll call him.
  • I haven't spoke to my guy in 2 days almost but I know that he just got a job offer and was going a few hours away. Unless you guys had some sort of communication like that where he said he had to go do something or he is going to hang out with whoever, I would recommend thinking about leaving him. Especially if he is or has made a habit out of doing this to you because it's really not okay.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Burn his house down.

Omg, I was gonna say this, but decided to keep it a little less crazy. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Cats make great pets.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    I think that you already know the answer to your question but you're looking for people to justify it. Personally...if I don't hear from my SO for 2 days something is wrong....forget not answering the text message..that's probably the least of your worries.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,725 Member
    Let me give a little background

It was a long distance relationship. We've been dating since September, but have not seen each other since November. She was my girlfriend, and yes my husband knew about it :blushing:

It makes me said that this happened, but I think the long and short of it is, that she's just not that into me
  • Forgot? Sometimes I forget to text back.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    How long have you guys been dating? Did you ask a question or say something that would definitely warrant a response? Have you talked about that subject since? Did you already check his text messages?
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    He answered "no idea"? He is not that interested. Move on. Or burn his house down. Whatever.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Forgot? Sometimes I forget to text back.

I don't text back on purpose. I hate texting. Of course, my wife knows this and only texts me when it's either really important or she doesn't expect a response.
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member

It was a long distance relationship. We've been dating since September, but have not seen each other since November. She was my girlfriend, and yes my husband knew about it :blushing:

It makes me said that this happened, but I think the long and short of it is, that she's just not that into me

I'm dumping you too
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    I didn't returned my families calls for 9 years. I don't think you want my opinion on this topic.

And yes, I do love my family.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member

And you somehow didn't think this little bit of information was important enough to share FIRST?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    tumblr_lp41cxo3QI1qckne8_zpsfdf9ceeb.gif
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,725 Member

I'm dumping you too

Dammit! And it was going so good! :flowerforyou:
  • Let me give a little background

I'm dumping you too

^^ This and me too!!

Seriously?? You're bummed because your girlfriend isn't texting you back after 2 days. Maybe you should cry on your husband's shoulder. I am sure he'll feel sorry for you and completely understand. Me... not so much...
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Just get on with your own life. Hopefully you'll hear from her. But maybe you won't.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    How many times did you text or call in those two days after the initial text you are asking about?

I've been in LDRs where I would be off the grid for a few days. No big deal. I need space.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,284 Member
    Wait. Wait Wait. I thought you were talking about a dude. But its actually a girl but you have a husband? what the hell is going on here?

tumblr_lo2vvnyM0k1qmwtnlo1_400.gif
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member

Maybe she's not that in to you, or not that in to polyamory, or not that in to LD relationships. Either way, time to move on.