counting calories=eating disorder?

Options
124»

Replies

• CatalinaJoye
    CatalinaJoye Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    happened to me.. but i had issues of self confidence before i started calorie counting, that just made it worse
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    happened to me.. but i had issues of self confidence before i started calorie counting, that just made it worse

As much as we hate hearing this you probably need to seek counseling. No one should have a disordered relationship with food and if you can get help early enough recovery is much easier. I wish you the best Catalinia <3
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Counting and weighing and recording and making sure the numbers add up, and having to be in control of and think about every single little thing that goes into your mouth to me is obsessive, and unhealthy. Spending so much time thinking about food, and being afraid that if you have even one day over your "allowance" it will make you gain all of the weight back, like overnight, is definitely a sign of disordered eating. It's something I have to be careful with. I work in data, and I am naturally "driven" by numbers. As in, if I sell my car, and I bought it 5 years ago, I work out the difference between what I paid for it and what I sold it for, so I know how much per day it cost me. I do this kind of thing in my head, without meaning to. If you have that nature it can easily take over everything and I do think that constitutes an eating disorder.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else worried that counting calories will end up in an eating disorder?

People can go OCD on anything. It's not about the calorie counting, it's about the individual...