Gym

Options
1235»

Replies

• lazydaydays
    Options
    In total I'm actually only doing about 2 hours of cardio, and 30 mins weights then the rest is getting changed and showered up, so not really as bad as first thought.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    In total I'm actually only doing about 2 hours of cardio, and 30 mins weights then the rest is getting changed and showered up, so not really as bad as first thought.

Still excessive if you are doing 2 hrs of cardio multiple times a week. Very good way to burn up LBM instead of maintaining it. Likely to lead faster to plateauing also but to each their own.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I find it funny that you asked what other people do at the gym, but the average response was people telling you what you should do or what's wrong with what you do.

I'm here to say: If it makes you feel good, do more of it. If it makes you feel bad, don't do it (or do less of it). It's about how you feel and what you want to do, not meeting the ideals of somebody else.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I find it funny that you asked what other people do at the gym, but the average response was people telling you what you should do or what's wrong with what you do.
    This is just like.........ummm, EVERY OTHER thread on MFP :laugh:
  • lazydaydays
    Options
    Just did a swim today as I forgot my gym shorts lol
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I roughly spend 1 - 1.5 hours there 6 days a week.
  • manhn1
    manhn1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options

I'm here to say: If it makes you feel good, do more of it. If it makes you feel bad, don't do it (or do less of it). It's about how you feel and what you want to do, not meeting the ideals of somebody else.

But he's getting parking tickets for staying too long at the gym. So, other posters suggesting that he can have just as good a workout and still ensure he's within the allotted time is fine in this instance, IMO.

During the week, I workout during my break. My break is an hour. I have to drive to and from, change, and then workout (30 minutes treadmill--I do things likes pushups and curls at home for 10-15). And I have to get coffee after I workout. On the weekend, I do a class and do about 45 minutes of weights before the class. If I shower at the gym or I am going to a fancy function right after the gym, I will take a longer time at the gym to make myself look more presentable.

When I am training or my half and the weather sucks, I run on the treadmill for 1.5 hours. I do weights 45 minutes beforehand. And I always shower after these workouts because I stink so bad. So, I could see myself pushing 3 hours there.