How Did you Develop Your Username?

Options

Replies

• nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Wanted a username that would kick me into believing what I was doing here on MFP. It means "no longer fat" in Swiss-german, which is my mother tongue.
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Mine is my nickname (which I got from my "ranger buddy" when playing volleyball in the Army) and the year I graduated high school.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    mine used to be my first & last name....boooorrrrriiiinnggg. So I changed it to my line of work and my name
  • Gemalar
    Gemalar Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Its something my niece called me dunno why lol, it just caught on now all my friends call it me lol
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    It's what my son's name would have been, had he been a girl.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i have used this user name regularly for the last 17 years or so. it comes from 17ish year old me not knowing how to spell isis and the internet not being as fancy as it is these days with its spell check and "did you mean" features.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    How did you come up with your username. I have seen some pretty interesting ones here and really wonder where they came from.

I'm Farsteve, Steve is my first name and far is three letters from my last name. I have also gone by SteveO a few times and I've used my favorite pet's name a few places.

Kinda dull I know but it works.

My brother is also a Steve, and he usually goes by The Stevinator.

My own name is what the hubs calls me (I am The Cuter, according to him), with bee added (I guess I was channeling Romper Room, with the Dobees and Don'tbees and now the Cuterbee).
  • jeckalynne
    Options
    Nickname + Middle name
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I just put it into a character randomizer and this is what it spit out.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    My user name is my Dungeon and Dragons character. Through different campaigns and restarts...thats the name I've been using since '94 and my best friends call me Edge rather than by my real name.
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Mix of old usernames I've used in the past and my art company name with birth year. Which is cut off when on the threads unless you look at my profile. XD
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I think it's pretty obvious.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Becky Boop...a nickname from a few friends and family members. Though I have only ever owned two Betty Boop items in my life. Oh, and 712 is my birthday.
  • jessiswar
    Options
    My first name blended in with the 30 Seconds to Mars album 'This Is War' :-)
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian. And I aspire to be a hottie. :laugh:
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I think it's pretty obvious.

LOL
  • Akdn
    Akdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It's in my profile but I'll post here too. The first car I owned and restored was a 64' Acadian Invader. 9 times out of 10 when I try to use Acadian as my username it's taken. So when it is I'll use Akdn (A K D N = Acadian) :happy: :happy:
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I've had this nickname for a very long time.
    Nessie - First name is Vanessa
    Chickie- self explanatory
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have been TheDarlingOne since I was 15 years old - almost 16 years now (MY GOD! lol)

Back then, they had online wrestling websites, called "e-feds"....where you'd go and type out long drawn out roleplays, or basically like what you'd see a segment on professional wrestling just everything spelled out:

>>>TheDarlingOne walks into the room. All eyes turn to her as she beams in a stunning red gown<<<
    TheDarlingOne Torrie Wilson: "Hello everyone. Please, let's get this over with."
    >>>TheDarlingOne walks over to the press conference table and takes her place beside the other wrestlers<<<

etc lol

My character was "TheDarlingOne" Torrie Wilson - I basically acted like Torrie Wilson (real wrestler/person) - but with my own twist.

*shrugs* just something a 15 year old nerd did to waste time lol.