• JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    8 hrs
    75 lbs
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    1.) I have a 6 month old...I don't recall exactly what a good nights sleep feels like. I'd guess I might get 5 hours tops, none of it consecutive...he's up pretty much every 1 - 1.5 hours.

2.) 25 Lbs down total in about 5 months. (some before MFP).
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I sleep like **** thanks to the freight train aka my husband I sleep next too

I wear a Body Media Fit that tracks this and I get about 4-5 hours per night
    21 lbs

I would KILL for a straight 8-9 hours!!
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Well, my wife and I have a 7-week newborn...

..so... ...none. :smile:
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    1) How much sleep do you average per night?
    During week days, 6-7 hours (mostly 7, I wish 8). During weekends 9-10 hours.

2) How much weight have you lost?
    30 pounds in the last 6 months.
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    This week it's not been more than 5 a night, which is the average for when the insomnia strikes. Usually it's about 8. Like you said, for me stress and sleep are certainly correlated, I was awake for 3 days straight last semester with new stress meds...

And I've lost 69lbs in what MFP says is about 215 days.
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    Well, my wife and I have a 7-week newborn...

..so... ...none. :smile:
    Wow, congratulations!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    average about 6 hours and 135lbs...
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I gained a lot of weight in 3 years not by overeating but because of stress and lack of sleep. I averaged 3-4 hours of sleep per night. Since I started my personal recuperation journey, I noticed that low number of sleep hours and stress does affect negatively my weight loss. It has to do with high cortisol levels.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time falling asleep (mind won't shut off) and I wake up constantly throughout the night so it's rare that I get a good night of uninterrupted sleep.

I've lost about 26 lbs.
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Nowhere near enough - ever! I hope for about 6hrs a night, broken at least twice every night. When I'm woken,it is properly woken,up and about for 10-15mins before crawling back into bed. I'm usually tired enough to drop back off quickly, but sometimes my mind starts whirring and that's it for the night. Maybe just 2-4hrs once a week or so.....

See my ticker- I'm still losing:) it might have been quicker with more sleep,but can't say I have seen a direct correlation between particularly bad nights and plateaus......

I CAN see a correlation between severe lack of sleep and motivation/cognitive strength....
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    7-8 hours on weeknights
    10-11 hours on weekends and Saturday naps are the best.

I agree that you sleep better if working out!
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time falling asleep (mind won't shut off) and I wake up constantly throughout the night so it's rare that I get a good night of uninterrupted sleep.

I've lost about 26 lbs.

I wouldn't let you get a good nights sleep either.
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    Let me admit right up front that I’m a geek.

4jnq6o.png

^^see; Geek! :bigsmile:

The blue line represents my actual sleeping time – not my time in bed but the amount of time I was actually laying still and in deep sleep. During these 15 weeks I averaged 5:44 hours of sleep.

The green line represents my true calorie deficit. During these 15 weeks I averaged only a 650 calorie deficit per day but you can see that during my ‘long run’ week I drop way below that.

The purple line represents my weight loss. During these 15 weeks I have lost 7.6 lbs.

I did this graph from my FitBit weekly report because I had convinced myself that there was a correlation between the amount I sleep (or don’t) and my weight…It sure doesn’t look like I am right.
  • Tyggress73
    Tyggress73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Roughly 7 during the week (in bed at 9, wake up at 4 to go to gym).
    More like 8 - 9 on the weekends (go to bed a bit later, and also sleep until about 7am).

Lost 12 pounds and 9 inches in 5 months.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I have 5 kids and a husband who works shift work. I get 5-7 hours a night and it's usually broken up by at least one child crying and a cat wanting to go out; I lost 35 lbs in 2012 and am still seeing improvements in my body composition.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I usually get about 5-6 hours but never straight. Closer to 4 lately it seems like.

I'm down about 20 lbs
  • ElizabethRaeBarnes
    Options
    I have lost 37 pounds in a year. I hope to lose another 20 pounds this year. Sleep is vital to my weight loss. I realized that when I wasn't sleeping well, I was eating quick-fatty foods. And I was eating more when I wasn't sleeping.

I have to get 7 hours to be ok. 8 hours is more functional and happier. 9 hours is my perfect point. I like having at least 8 hours a night.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Never enough...I make up for it on weekends, but insomnia kicks my *kitten* at least 3-4 days a week.