Modest Midwesterners....show yourselves!

Options

Replies

• MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    St. Louis MO in the house!!!
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Another non bears IL here ;) Grew up in MN... Packers fan!
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    GO PACK GO!!!
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I think you have to define your geography here. I am seeing posts from South Dakota, Kansas, all over. i don't mean to argue with those people if they are committed to the idea that they are Midwesterners. But, gosh ! Kansas is the Great Plains. South Dakota is the West. People in those regions are much different from Midwesterners. I would consider someone from Missouri a Midwesterner. But Kansas is a whole different donkey. North and South Dakotans have a lot in common with Minnesotans. But I have lived in Minnesota, and you can tell when you have crossed the state lines. The land opens up, and the people do too.
    C'mon, folks ! Let's get this right. Next thing you know, somebody from Ohio is going to claim to be a Midwesterner !

This is what I was wondering... I'm from Colorado, and can never figure out what it's considered, it's not mid-west, and it's not west...so "West-mid-west???" I don't know...

But it's pretty much the best state in the U.S....just saying...
  • thirstyflea
    thirstyflea Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    CHICAGO here!

(and I hate football)
  • jojofett
    Options
    Chi-town Suburb!!
  • Blondie251975
    Blondie251975 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Lincoln, NE :)
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Scottsbluff Nebraska !
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Count me in as a fellow Illini that doesn't like da bears (sorry Chicago... just growing up in Southern Illinois, gotta root for the Rams, CARDINALS, and the Blues)

Whoop whoop!!! Showing some St. Louis LOVE!

STL represent!!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I think you have to define your geography here. I am seeing posts from South Dakota, Kansas, all over. i don't mean to argue with those people if they are committed to the idea that they are Midwesterners. But, gosh ! Kansas is the Great Plains. South Dakota is the West. People in those regions are much different from Midwesterners. I would consider someone from Missouri a Midwesterner. But Kansas is a whole different donkey. North and South Dakotans have a lot in common with Minnesotans. But I have lived in Minnesota, and you can tell when you have crossed the state lines. The land opens up, and the people do too.
    C'mon, folks ! Let's get this right. Next thing you know, somebody from Ohio is going to claim to be a Midwesterner !

You are right that Kansas is different. I grew up in Kansas and I am unlike 90% of its population. But I also live in the most liberal county in the state! Rock Chalk! :tongue: :drinker:

However....Kansas is definitely part of the Midwest and it is also in the Great Plains...depends on who you talk to.
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    St. Louisan here :D All for the Cardinals and Blues!! Any other St. Louisans should add me :D
  • BuffySlays2000
    BuffySlays2000 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    St. Joseph, Missouri...home of the Pony Express and death place of Jesse James!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Kansas Jayhawk here

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :smile: :happy: :tongue:
  • akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Minnesota here! :)
  • bwcrouch
    bwcrouch Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'll have to break the ice .... O-H-I-O!!
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Freezing in WI! I'm a well-rounded Midwesterner ...I've lived in MN, IA, and IL too.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Grew up in Wyoming, now live in Omaha.

Prefer the tropics... Doing something wrong with my life. :D
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Hoosier in the house! Hollaaaaa!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Ahahahaha, well as a British ex-pat who moved to California, I posted in the Brit thread, and the California thread. Well, I'm now living in the Saint Louis exurbs, so I guess I get to post in the Midwest thread too!

Been in the Saint Louis area (Lake Saint Louis, to be exact) for about six and a half years now. Love the people, love the area, despise the climate.

SORRY I'm new and don't know how to reply properly to a specific comment!!

My husband's a Brit (northerner I'm afraid) and he loves visiting the midwest! We may move back in a few years to the Motherland. Like all good Brits, he's shirtless the minute the sun shines in even the coolest Midwest temps! My neighbors there loved him! : )

Hahahaha, I spare my neighbors that particular horror, except when we are out on the lake. Maybe in 12 months, if all goes according to plan, I'll have a figure that I feel proud to show off, and that maybe the neighbors appreciate seeing :wink:
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Wisconsin!