Options

Replies

• redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    cereal, who the hell eats 3/4ths cup?
  • debendavey
    Options
    Wanted to do homemade pizza for a treat. 1 thin crust pizza 10" base, sauce, mozerrella - low fat, ham, mushrooms, peppers. Nothing too bad. Serving size 1/4 pizza !! My 7 year old eats more than that!
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    popcorn, who pops popcorn and doesnt eat the whole bag?

Not this girl.
    I agree, anything where the package has a half of a serving. Annoying.
  • cailinlowe
    cailinlowe Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    salsa and most chip dips...

TWO TABLESPOONS?! i eat that on 1 or 2 chips!
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Grape nuts. 200 calories for HALF A CUP!!!! I am still famished after I eat a serving of grape nuts.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I don't know about serving sizes but I have an irrational hatred of any container that has fractional servings. Servings per container - 2.5. WTF?

"How many servings shall we put in a container? Two or three? Oh, *kitten* it, let's just split the difference and call it two and a half."

So if it's just me and the wife, we have to store or throw half a serving, or over-eat.
    If it's me, the wife and our daughter, we get stiffed on the servings, or have to open two packets and store/throw two servings.
    If my step-son is visiting, we have to open two packets, and store or throw a serving.
    You know you don't have to follow serving sizes to a T right? Do whatever works for you and your macros.

Half a cookie is ridiculous LOL!

ETA: I agree, by the way, that fractional servings are stupid, I just mean you don't have to stick exactly to them or risk overeating or have to throw stuff out
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    A Tombstone pizza serving size is 1/5 of a pizza. How do you cut a circle into 5 equal pieces???

You know that a circle spans 360 degrees. Divide this by 5 and you have 72 degrees.

1) Use the protractor (a semi-circle) to create a full circle.

2) Make a mark on the circle at 0 degrees. Make 4 more marks at 72, 144, 216, and 288 degrees.

3) From the center of the circle, draw a line segment out towards each of those marks.

You now how 5 equal parts of a circle.

You would get a gold star on your geometry homework. See people? If your kids every complain about when are they ever going to use math in real life, show them this example right here. Math in action.

That is the best response yet, while I have two girls who are hating math right now. That is funny!
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    A suggested serving of steak is 3 oz.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Serving sizes with fractions in a container like 250 ml juice and the serving size is 200 ml.

Or like two cookies per serving.
    1/2 cup of ice cream per serving
  • mdyorston
    Options
    elios pizza. why would i eat just one of the 3 pizza squares? **** that im eating the whole long slice idgaf

definitely! I forgot about Ellios
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Cereal and pop tarts.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I don't know about serving sizes but I have an irrational hatred of any container that has fractional servings. Servings per container - 2.5. WTF?

"How many servings shall we put in a container? Two or three? Oh, *kitten* it, let's just split the difference and call it two and a half."

So if it's just me and the wife, we have to store or throw half a serving, or over-eat.
    If it's me, the wife and our daughter, we get stiffed on the servings, or have to open two packets and store/throw two servings.
    If my step-son is visiting, we have to open two packets, and store or throw a serving.

that made me laugh so hard ...awesome
  • jennifer907
    jennifer907 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Definitely Pop-Tarts! I have never in my life, just had one. Toaster strudels are just as bad.
  • Gemini_at_36
    Options
    A muffin -- read 230 calories. My ipod informed me it was for half a muffin, I was bumbed, I had eaten the entire thing.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    A Tombstone pizza serving size is 1/5 of a pizza. How do you cut a circle into 5 equal pieces???

You know that a circle spans 360 degrees. Divide this by 5 and you have 72 degrees.

1) Use the protractor (a semi-circle) to create a full circle.

2) Make a mark on the circle at 0 degrees. Make 4 more marks at 72, 144, 216, and 288 degrees.

3) From the center of the circle, draw a line segment out towards each of those marks.

You now how 5 equal parts of a circle.

You would get a gold star on your geometry homework. See people? If your kids every complain about when are they ever going to use math in real life, show them this example right here. Math in action.

I love this lol
  • emjoyhar
    emjoyhar Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Arizona iced tea. It reads beautifully at around 50 calories, if you get the actual TEA ones, then it smacks you with the three servings. Ever look at the sugar content? If I drink the whole thing, I'm throwing off my sugar ratio intake. I'm trying to cut back because I have a serious sugar problem... lol
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I have two bottles of the same brand of ranch dressing and the serving size is listed in grams on one and milliliters on the other. I get kind of irritated when something that CAN be listed in grams is listed in milliliters. I like to use my scale if possible and my math illiterate brain doesn't manipulate ml well.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next bottle is measured in fathoms...or fortnights? Leagues! Shakes of a badger's tail.
  • jhalton
    Options
    The dry vs cooked pasta thing drives me nuts too! LOL! But, I usually don't throw it back in the pantry...I just pick the lowest number and EAT! LOL
  • jhalton
    Options
    AWEsome!
  • Raybug0903
    Raybug0903 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts. 2 come in the pack. Serving size is 1. Who eats just 1 pop tart?

This. I was so upset when I finally read the label one day and realized it. S'mores are my favorite.