Most ridiculous serving size?

Options

Replies

• footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    (haha I forgot the quote - it was for the cheesecake factory!)

YES THIS DRIVES ME CRAAAAAAAZY! I've actually asked them for their nutritional information and they looked at me crosseyed like they had just seen a ghost or a zombie :ohwell:

I ended up ordering a salad with balsamic on the side and a side of veggies :grumble:

But their food is SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Package of sausage links that come 4 to a package, lists nutrition info per 2oz serving instead of per link. total package is 14oz. You have to solve a word problem to eat sausage.

:laugh:
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I have two bottles of the same brand of ranch dressing and the serving size is listed in grams on one and milliliters on the other. I get kind of irritated when something that CAN be listed in grams is listed in milliliters. I like to use my scale if possible and my math illiterate brain doesn't manipulate ml well.

I finally realized why dressing includes ml servings recently - 1 tsp = 5ml, and 1 tbsp = 15 ml. So if your scale is broken, you can just use measuring spoons for anything that lists ml (or at least anything liquid).

Back to the topic at hand, anything that contains fractions of servings drives me crazy.
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Arizona iced tea. It reads beautifully at around 50 calories, if you get the actual TEA ones, then it smacks you with the three servings. Ever look at the sugar content? If I drink the whole thing, I'm throwing off my sugar ratio intake. I'm trying to cut back because I have a serious sugar problem... lol

lol, cutting out Arizona iced tea from my diet was so hard... pretty much had to go cold turkey.
  • WeatherGirl8
    WeatherGirl8 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Looking at a box of cookies last night, one servicing size was 7 1/2 cookies...little, itty, bitty cookies (think animal cracker size). Who would just eat 1/2 a cookie.

Cereal is the one I can't do. I was one of those growing up that would use an old butter tub for a cereal bowl. 1 little cup as a serving size...can't do it.

YUP Cereal is a *kitten*! One cup! ONE! One freakin cup is supposed to do the trick?! NO! I REFUSE! Must..have..two..or..more..

If cereal is bad, what about granola???? 1/3 of a cup? 1/4 cup? Who in the world can eat 1/4 cup of cereal? What's the point?? Granola's so expensive, anyways. If you're going to buy it, you might as well be able to ENJOY!!
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    OMFG I KNOW RIGHT!
  • GracesEternalDawn
    Options
    I need to know who just eats half of the brick of ramen?? If I'm going to embalm myself with salt and carbs, I'm going big. I"m eating the WHOLE brick.
    I eat TWO bricks.
  • sn_etuk
    sn_etuk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Looking at a box of cookies last night, one servicing size was 7 1/2 cookies...little, itty, bitty cookies (think animal cracker size). Who would just eat 1/2 a cookie.

Cereal is the one I can't do. I was one of those growing up that would use an old butter tub for a cereal bowl. 1 little cup as a serving size...can't do it.

YUP Cereal is a *kitten*! One cup! ONE! One freakin cup is supposed to do the trick?! NO! I REFUSE! Must..have..two..or..more..

Cereal is addictive. I always want more than just one cup, even of the healthy cereals.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    May have been mentioned but I've only read page 1 so far;

Girl Scout Cookies (Thin Mints in particular) serving size 5 cookies (if I remember correctly). Who can eat just 5? LOL.

Edit: Looked it up. Serving size is 4 cookies @ 160 calories.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    They just do that so that it appears that their product doesn't have a ridculous amount of calories. They know you'll probably eat / drink the whole thing if you see 100 calories, but that you may pass up even buying it if they put 250 calories on the package, so they call it "2.5 servings". It's just a marketing ploy to get you to buy their stuff. Totally misleading. It's really annoying when it's something in an itty-bitty "snack-sized" package and it shows more than one serving. Total crap.

I agree about the part where they don't want you to see the ridiculous amounts of calories. I do not agree on the MISLEADING though. If you do simple math, it is easy to figure out.
  • unicornlady77
    Options
    Pop Tarts. 2 come in the pack. Serving size is 1. Who eats just 1 pop tart?

this made me lol! I can't believe 1 pop tart is 200 frigging calories!! And no I can't stop at 1.. not even at 2.
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    5 oz of wine. Who in the heck ONLY drinks a little more than 1/2 cup when consuming wine?
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    A Tombstone pizza serving size is 1/5 of a pizza. How do you cut a circle into 5 equal pieces???

Guess you have to get out the protractor and do a 72 degree cut?
  • JEG2012
    JEG2012 Posts: 158
    Options
    a can of beans... 1 and 4/5ths of a cup is in a can of beans... could you please put the 1/5th in the empty part of the can so it can be even when i add to salads???

No ****!
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I was trying to buy some nuts. Every bag I picjked up was 3 servings. WTF? How can you open an already small bag, and just eat 1/3 of it. It's just ridiculous.
    Ughhh yes its annoying!
  • unicornlady77
    Options
    A Tombstone pizza serving size is 1/5 of a pizza. How do you cut a circle into 5 equal pieces???

Yes exactly! I love tombstone pizza,I could eat at least half,not that I do...usually just 1/4.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    5 oz of wine. Who in the heck ONLY drinks a little more than 1/2 cup when consuming wine?

Right!! Let's just call the whole bottle 2 servings and the hubbster and I can have a nice night.:wink:
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    I get these flax muffins sometimes when I know I won't have time to make breakfast. The serving size is HALF of a muffin at 150 calories. First off, who eats HALF of a muffin? Second, if you eat the whole things it's only 300 calories. What's the big deal about 300 calories?
  • KaedonUmberger
    KaedonUmberger Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    in the morning, ill usually have a cup of honey nut cheerios\ special k & 1\2 cup of milk... yah no. i end up eating part of my lunch before the day even starts!! D: serving sizes!!! FTW
  • sarbu24
    sarbu24 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    :)