Options

Replies

• MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    PAM cooking spray for the win!!!!

pam-nutrition.jpg

1/3 second spray? really? WTF?

This wins hands down. Oh gave me a good laugh this morning...
    Me too :laugh:
    Makes me wonder... new serving sizes: 1/16 grape - 0 kcals. 1/250 potato - 0 kcals. Talk about micros, not macros!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    hahah thats funny. But so very true.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

pam-nutrition.jpg

This wins hands down. Oh gave me a good laugh this morning...
    Me too :laugh:
    Makes me wonder... new serving sizes: 1/16 grape - 0 kcals. 1/250 potato - 0 kcals. Talk about micros, not macros!

I love how "propellant" is listed as an ingredient.
    Why don't they just tell us we're eating motor oil and wood pulp and whatever other sh#t they decide to throw in there. Apparently the FDA doesn't give enough of a crap to protect us from this junk.
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I need to know who just eats half of the brick of ramen?? If I'm going to embalm myself with salt and carbs, I'm going big. I"m eating the WHOLE brick.

I was actually shocked when I saw that it was half a brick of ramen noodles. To make it more filling, I added veggies to the half brick. So yes, I did only eat half of the brick, but I added to it. :-)
  • EmiBun
    EmiBun Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    A Few pet-peeves of mine would have to be:

1) Ketchup/condiments: Serious, measure out 1 tablespoon and see how far it gets you
    2) Granola: 1/4-1/3 of a cup for 200-400 calories.... some one get me the fcking tablespoon... :mad:
    3) Oreo's: 3 cookies? Why god why? 3 cookies are whats left at the bottom of my milk in crumb goo form by the time I'm done with the sleeve of oreos... SAME GOES FOR GIRLSCOUTS!
    4) Cheese: I don't like cheese but I'm sure that 1 oz or 1 inch cube isn't alot. My family eats cheese by the pound.
    5) Butter: again I don't use it but try and butter you bagel with 1 tsp of butter. Go ahead try it and watch that battle soak it up like a fricking sponge until you used 2 tbsp
    6) peanut butter: 2 tbspoons covers on slice of bread with a thin layer. IF you try and cover two its has to be strong *kitten* bread or you'll rip it (USE TOAST)
    7) PACKAGES WITH MORE THAN ONE DARN SERVING!
    I bought some felafel chips the other day. I opened the package ate a few, turned it around and looky here! 1.6 servings...
    Not amused.
    I ust gave it to my brother. Here ya go ell it pissed me off you can have them.

Theres more but alot of people have said them already! Haters united here :flowerforyou:
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Not that it's that high calorie, but I sometimes buy Campbell's Healthy Request soups for lunch. One serving is 250ml. A can is 540ml. So you have some for spillage?
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    My favorite is when the serving size is measured in units not listed elsewhere on the container and then you have about 2 servings. How do I measure about when splitting something evenly? Is it more, is it less?
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    1 bottle of red wine ... sweet jaysus, how do these people expect us to survive?
  • labellecanuck
    labellecanuck Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    4) Cheese: I don't like cheese but I'm sure that 1 oz or 1 inch cube isn't alot. My family eats cheese by the pound.

This! The fact that it's so friggin expensive here should be a deterrent but I love a good chunk of cheese so much, and it so many different forms.
  • cook6609
    Options

pam-nutrition.jpg

Oh My GOODNESS!!!!!!!! That is freaking hilarious!!!!!!! Definitely the winner :laugh: :laugh:
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    International Cafe coffee.

Serving size...2 oz.

As made per instructions it's 6 oz., they do it so they can say it has no trans-fat.
  • cook6609
    Options
    For those frustrated with the dry vs cooked pasta, pasta typically swells when it's cooked. If you want just one serving, measure out the dry amount, and it should be the prepared measured amount when you are finished cooking. I don't usually make one serving of pasta (since I will be feeding my whole family). I just make it, and then measure the correct amount for myself.
  • taliar93
    taliar93 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    our olive oil spray is marked as 5ml per serve... how am I meant to measure that in a hot pan?!!!
  • allforthethrill
    allforthethrill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I used to eat this full fat, full sugar greek yoghurt all the time, it was so good. But then I noticed that the serving size which I thought was an individual tub actually contained 1.2 servings! What the heck?
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts. 2 come in the pack. Serving size is 1. Who eats just 1 pop tart?

I know, right? You'd leave one lonely Poptart and no one wants that. :<

I'm glad I never liked Pop Tarts. :)
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

pam-nutrition.jpg

Oh My GOODNESS!!!!!!!! That is freaking hilarious!!!!!!! Definitely the winner :laugh: :laugh:

Wow!!! I agree...WINNER!!!
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Muesli- 30g....?!? 30g of muesli in a bowl is just a dirty bowl!
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options

pam-nutrition.jpg

I think I read some woman sued them over this. The calories were low enough that they could put "0" per serving, so she was spraying a crapload of it into her pans, but when you use a bunch of it there ARE actually calories. She sued for false advertising. I think she won it.

Just out of interest I was looking at someones food log on here.... They logged 100 (one hundred) sprays of a similar spray.... Sayin' nuthin'....
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts. 2 come in the pack. Serving size is 1. Who eats just 1 pop tart?

exactly, this is upsetting to me.
  • RubySinclair
    RubySinclair Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    A Tombstone pizza serving size is 1/5 of a pizza. How do you cut a circle into 5 equal pieces???

You know that a circle spans 360 degrees. Divide this by 5 and you have 72 degrees.

1) Use the protractor (a semi-circle) to create a full circle.

2) Make a mark on the circle at 0 degrees. Make 4 more marks at 72, 144, 216, and 288 degrees.

3) From the center of the circle, draw a line segment out towards each of those marks.

You now how 5 equal parts of a circle.

thank you, fellow smart-a**! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: