what made you join MFP?

Options
peachfigs
peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
For me it was due to not having any of my family/friends/partner be supportive or encouraging :wink:

Plus, everyone on here is so knowledgable, I feel like all of my questions are answered really well!

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I was on MyCalorieCounter since they started. I liked it and it works well enough. I just liked the layout and format of MFP a bit better in their iPhone App. I also LOVE the recipe area. That helps a lot for my common foods.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I googled something like "weightlifting routine" and found a thread about it on here. People posting seemed to know what they were saying so i stuck around and learned from them. Glad i did.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I'd used the Daily Plate years and years ago, but wanted something more modern. The active forums and FB like set up of social networking personal profiles is what really drew me in. I do better with a community - and MFP's got that.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have always had good results by counting calories. This site and it's mobile app makes it VERY easy to track everything.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I'm fat.

No wait, morbidly obese
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    One of my friends mention a website that she wasn't going to visit anymore because she became "obsessed" with counting calories. A light bulb went of in my brain, I'm fat, I like to become obsessed with things, I don't wanna be fat anymore. Bam, MFP for life.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I was always googling exercise tips and MFP always had the top results with threads about various different things. I would spend hours reading through random threads on stuff, absorbing all the information, being amazed at people's before and after pics, etc. Then I found an app on my phone for the calorie counting and recognised the website and the rest is history!
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Heard you can lose more weight by journaling...can't stand that writing and all :-)...this makes it easy!
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I have messy writing so keeping a written journal didn't sound very enticing.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I wanted to ensure I was eating enough fat...
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Some girl who wrote a fanfiction I liked had it as a link in her profile.
  • ArmandoG28
    ArmandoG28 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    the beautiful women ! las mujers tan bellas y lindas !!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Facebook had a pop up ad saying my friend liked it. So, I checked to see what it was because I am into fitness. That's why I am here and never needed to lose weight. But, I like it!!
  • ArmandoG28
    ArmandoG28 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    oh and to lose 140 + lbs .....THAT IS IT !
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    a large database of pre-entered food and the app was free. Oh, and I rage quit my other calorie counter and deleted it from my iPhone.
  • UsernameStillLoading
    Options
    My sister joined first and I joined after to support her.
    Funny though, I use this more than she does.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I wanted to ensure I was eating enough BACON...

There - fixed that for ya
  • UsernameStillLoading
    Options
    I wanted to ensure I was eating enough fat...

What did you find out?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    stumbled on it when I was looking for the calorie content of something from a Thai restaurant. It was an eye-opener, and I decided to stay.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Total accident.

Googling one day, came across a forum thread, investigated the site and I was like "Hey, I could use this for those last 15 lbs."

Decided to stick around even after I shed the last 15.