what made you join MFP?

Options

Replies

• Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I needed to lose weight and wasn't sure how to go about it - the guy I was in a relationship with at the time kept telling me I was a fatty (even gave me a pair of running shoes for Christmas), and more than anything I wanted to change for me. I found MFP, dumped the guy, lost a bunch of weight.

Why am I back with weight to lose again? Why wasn't I able to maintain my loss? I found a guy on MFP, married him, and had his babeh - I was on bedrest for a good portion of my 2nd and 3rd trimesters and blew up like the Hindenburg - It's been almost 2 years now and I'm ready to be fit again.

There's mountains needs climbin'.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    28%BF in the military. Really crappy duty station + no PT = fat kid. Tried to find anything to help... and here I am.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I need to lose a few pounds and I wanted to start logging my food intake because I wasn't eating enough without even knowing it. Basically just to keep my nutrition in check.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I was already tracking on MyPlate over at Livestrong (I actually PAID for it for a while) and I just thought this format seemed much easier. I was right!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    A friend mentioned it on Facebook and I figured I'd see if it could help me lose the weight after baby #4.
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My twin sister started using MFP and has lost a lot of weight so I decided to give it a try...I love it....I am making changes a little at a time so the weightloss is happening slowly but I want to make sure it is a permanent change
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I needed a hot date
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    No really, a friend of mine on Facebook mentioned it. I checked it out, did not log for a month. Finally got serious and here I am.
  • Cuddles2523
    Cuddles2523 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    A friend mentioned it one day over lunch.. they've moved on since but I've become totally hooked!!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    My friend was using the phone app to track her calories, so i joined, and had 1 friend.

HAH...i had nooooooooooooo idea what was to come.

didnt know there were forums, had never even used a forum.
  • mikegl1
    mikegl1 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I never had to count calories so I didn't know what I was doing... Looked for a site that makes it easy and found this site. Great find.

Now just so long as I don't have to have surgery again I am looking to start back working out in about 2 weeks (was expecting to be back today but I'm still injured and docs eval slated for two weeks from today).
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    A friend at work told me about it. He thought I would like it since I"m a social media *kitten* and I am glad I found this place. I have decided to take a hiatus from Facebook and annoy the crap out of everyone else here.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I"m a social media *kitten*

*Waves PayPal account dollars*
    Blog me baby.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I was told that there would be pie.
  • MrsBikiniBound
    Options
    I got a desk job and kept eating like i still had my active lifestyle and the pounds packed on.... After leaving my old company and relocating to the beach i wanted to feel sexy again since im not going to be 23 forever...

oh and sex, being fit makes sex a lot better.
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    One of my friends told me about MFP so I joined, and from my join date until the end of December I was only half-heartedly logging and I only had a few friends. Something clicked right after Xmas, I have added a bunch of people, and now I feel like if I don't log or workout my friends are going to call me out. I love the accountability. The forums rock too
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    My husband kept asking me "how many calories are in a piece of chicken? How many calories are in this broccoli? How much egg did you give me this morning, are you sure I don't need 6 of them to get up to 50 grams of protein? How much ice cream can I eat tonight....."

Then he rage quit the app that I installed on his phone, so I installed this one on his phone. When he couldn't figure out how to use it, I had to join and tutor him.
  • n8dawg77
    n8dawg77 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My husband kept asking me "how many calories are in a piece of chicken? How many calories are in this broccoli? How much egg did you give me this morning, are you sure I don't need 6 of them to get up to 50 grams of protein? How much ice cream can I eat tonight....."

Then he rage quit the app that I installed on his phone, so I installed this one on his phone. When he couldn't figure out how to use it, I had to join and tutor him.

Your husband sounds like a douche bag! But glad YOU joined hot stuff... Call me!!!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Court order. It was either that or jail time. I don't want to get into it.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

I heard someone talking about your new shirt today. I can see why.