Crazy Early Morning Workout People

Options
I always thought people that get up at 4:30am to go work out were crazy.... I would think, "I barely have the energy to get out of bed and rush to my 8am class. :yawn: Why would one want to do this?" :noway:
That is... untill I tried it this week... and I feel AWESOME! I am not going to my 8 am classes all drousy and tired anymore, and I have so much more energy throughout the day. :bigsmile:
Ofcourse, now that my alarm has gone off everyday this week at 4:30 sharp, my roomate hates me :blushing: I can never be quiet enough. Anyway, I just wanted to say here's to you morning workout people! :drinker: I have moved to the dark side :devil:

Replies

• cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I am a 5:15er...Honestly, it helps prepare me for the day. I seem to handle stress better on these days. I also have so much more energy on the days that I wake up at 5:15 and workout then on the days that I sleep until 7.
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Crazy early morning person here too. It's not that I reallllly enjoy waking up at 4:50, but if I try to workout after work it's just pathetic. I have more energy after a morning workout.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I'm up between 4 and 5 in the morning naturally. Have been that way my entire life. I <3 morning workouts! It's when I have the most energy all day and I always feel like no matter how the rest of the day goes, at least I did something right. Cheers!
  • cbeckl
    cbeckl Posts: 79
    Options
    I dread my 3:30 alarm, but feel SO much better once I'm up and moving. Love my early morning run with my dogs, it get's me mentally prepared for the day
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys!! I thought I was an early bird getting to my classes for 6.15am ! I get up at 5.35am and prepare the evening meal in the slow cooker and also my packed lunch if I forgot the night before then go to the gym! But rising at 4am??????? Wow ! I am in awe of you.
  • tif83
    tif83 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    welcome to "the dark side" i, too, am an early am riser. typically get up between 430-5 (my puppers acts as my alarm clark- much more effective!) i love it and feel great, too! i used to be such a sleepy head but now i practically pop outta bed in the am- you never know what you are capable of, huh? :)
  • Breathe_Glamour
    Options
    I'm glad you see the benefits of early morning workouts. I'm at the gym between 430 and 445...I absolutely love it.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I work nights, 11pm-7am. I will sometimes get off work early to hit the gym as early as 6am.
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm a night owl, but signed myself and my husband up for a 5:15 am boot camp that started in January. It has been a real life-changer for me. Whereas I used to be lucky to get to bed by 11, I now am asleep most nights by 9:30. I maintain the early bedtime even on nights when I'm not getting up at 4:50 for BC.

I have tried the night time workouts, but honestly I'd rather just get it out of the way first thing and go about my day. I think it does help with my energy levels through the day, too. Mentally, I think it helps me feel like I've already accomplished something spectacular before most people have even left their beds :tongue:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yup. I teach at 9 and get up at 530 on gym days and 6 on running days. I've worked out in the early morning for as long as I can remember. I love the after feeling.
  • dvelocity
    dvelocity Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I wake between 4:30 and five and get my workout in. In the rest of the day too much is left up to chance. This way I know that I got my workout in and I feel great.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5 Am-er.....I definately prefer bullying myself out of bed to work out vs. waiting until after work. I hate getting up, but it's worth it to get it done and move on with my day!
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm at the gym by 4 (don't ask me what time I go to bed or wake up), but I find going in the early morning, there's less people, and I have less excuses for not doing it. I definitely think it's made me stick with it.
  • lizlee8
    lizlee8 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are awesome! Can i ask what you eat, if at all, before that morning workout???
    x
  • TimSPC
    TimSPC Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Because of my wife's and my schedules, I have to. She works early and I work later. This way, I bring the kids to school and she picks them up.

I get up at 5:30 and work out from 6-7 and then wake the kids up.

I'll say one thing, when you get into this routine, it makes waking up at 7:00 am feel like sleeping in.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I always thought people that get up at 4:30am to go work out were crazy.... I would think, "I barely have the energy to get out of bed and rush to my 8am class. :yawn: Why would one want to do this?" :noway:
    That is... untill I tried it this week... and I feel AWESOME! I am not going to my 8 am classes all drousy and tired anymore, and I have so much more energy throughout the day. :bigsmile:
    Ofcourse, now that my alarm has gone off everyday this week at 4:30 sharp, my roomate hates me :blushing: I can never be quiet enough. Anyway, I just wanted to say here's to you morning workout people! :drinker: I have moved to the dark side :devil:

It is the best feeling ever!!! I have found that #1, there is never an excuse other than just not getting up and #2, I don't need as much coffee :) I have to work out at 3 a.m. some mornings because I have to be at work at 5, but I still do it - I just get to bed earlier - welcome to the dark side :) lol
  • Sponge_Fauve
    Options
    It just feels good to get a workout in first thing in the morning! I workout at 5am and when I started that seemed ridiculously early but now it's not so bad :)
  • alw141
    alw141 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 4:00 a.m. It's a great way to start the day! Welcome to the dark side! :tongue:
  • LadyJos
    Options
    Morning workouts are the best - Up at 4;30 and already on the treadmill by 5:30am. I love it as it hard for me to get to the gym after work. Just an overall Feeling Great type of day!