Quick Cardio Workout that requires only you!

Options

Replies

• sareebellum
    sareebellum Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So i just tried this workout and all i can say is... HOLY CRAP BATMAN! Maybe i'm just not used to workouts like this, but this just kicked my *kitten*! I haven't worked up to being able to do the plank yet but it definitely did the job today!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Now I know there's no way this old, fat, out of shape woman can do some of those, but I'm going to try if I can remember to check this out when I get home. Oh, I know. I'll put the website in an e-mail to myself.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: Oh My that was hard!!!!! I feel like jello. I have NEVER worked out like this!! Okay NEVER is a lie. I have NOT worked out like this since I was 18 and in the Navy going through bootcamp. I was about 130 pounds lighter and 21 years younger. The plank was very difficult and I kept falling flat but I just kept holding myself back up until I dropped again. I did not make the entire 60 jumping jacks but I did more than 40. (If I am big you can imagine what else has become big and was begging me to stop) I am just so proud though. I felt like one of the contestants on the Biggest Loser realizing that a fat chick can push her self to extremes. Okay I admit I was only able to do it through once with the above modifications, but wow I did it. Thanks for sharing. I will be doing this again on M/W/F and hopefully building up to 2-3 rounds.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Does anyone know how to count this on our log? I didnt get to do it this morning... but I hope to get it in before my 3:30 session.

I put it under calisthenics vigorous, because I was out of breath. It actually took me 12 minutes to get through one circuit. I imagine that is because of my level of fitness, which is low!
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Thanks Momma2four....

I just did one round through thinking ..."No big deal, I do stuff way harder than this in my aerobics class." Yeah, I will be doing more later when I get home. (I just took a min to step back from my desk and try it.)

I always have a hard time doing push ups and planks... this was no exception. I did get a bo-bo though... My shoe slipped off while I was doing the mountain climbers so I bumped my knee. I plan to do 3 cycles when I get home. We will see though. The jumping jacks were the easiest for me.

Good luck everyone!
  • KoriBarry
    KoriBarry Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Today is my rest day...but gonna do this before my shower in the AM tomorrow.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    It was super hard!
    I did a circuit of 5 minutes -balls out- on the elliptical, followed by this segment, back to the elliptical followed by tricep and looped 2.5 times.
    I could only do 30 sec plank each
    20 push ups each
    25 sec wall squat each

My body was ON FIRE!
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting!! i haven't tried this yet, but i think i will be able to get through at least 2 cycles with rest in between at my level. i've never done interval training (that's what it could be called?) before, but this gave me great ideas. it was just the variety i was looking for.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Bump to check out later, I can't see the video from work. Sounds interesting, in a scary sort of way :laugh:
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bump. I watched the video, so I'll give it a try from home, Thanks
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    This is definitely a tough workout - wow! Thanks for sharing! I definitely didn't do everything the way I was supposed to....plank for 60 seconds? REALLY? But I got through 3 circuits by "modifying" on each one.
  • queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    Great workout! I'll have to rotate it in for my weekend workout to keep my body guessing. Thanks for the tip!
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    bump
  • jmjones2002
    Options
    looks pretty intense..have a bad back but gonna try this..I get bored doing the same work-out videos everyday!! thanks for sharing
  • kryssy77
    kryssy77 Posts: 219
    Options
    thanks BUMP
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    bump... sounds like it should be a great challenge for me! =)
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    Bump I want to try this:smile:
  • iwatts
    iwatts Posts: 22
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    thanks for this post!