What to do with too many bananas?

Options

Replies

• kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Super easy smoothie: 1 banana, 1 cup vanilla yogurt and 1 cup frozen fruit - I like blueberries. Blend til smooth. Freezes well in serving-sized containers or cups.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Peel them, wrap in saran wrap and freeze them! I never throw out a banana. We use them in smoothies, oatmeal and rarely, due to the calories, banana bread.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Blend it with some nutella and freeze them into Nutella Banana pops.
    Make them into "cookies" by mashing them with oats, walnuts, chocolate chips, and cinnamon.
    Freeze them (out of the peel) and put them into your protein shakes or smoothies.
  • esteelewis
    esteelewis Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    YONANAS. Its a machine that turns frozen bananas into...essentially frozen yogurt consistency.

http://www.amazon.com/Yonanas-902-Cream-Treat-Silver/dp/B005083ECS
  • Whipppets
    Options
    I use them in smoothies if you have a blender.:glasses:
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    How is it possible to have too many bananas? o.O

I *have to* have at least one a day. Sometimes two. And now I am going to have to try this banana "ice cream" thing.
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Slice them up and freeze them in a tupperware container. You can then bring them out and at anytime and blend them up with a splash of milk (any milk), you then have instant low calorie ice cream! I like to add some peanut butter to mine, makes the ice cream really creamy.

^^^ me too
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    put in oatmeal, banana bread, smoothies, grill them/pan fry, you could try to deep fry them
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    like others said....Freeze them or make the banana chips which sound so good
  • kcritter77
    kcritter77 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Agree with freezing for whenever you need them. The icecream recipe sounds so good! I'll definitely be trying that!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Slice them up and freeze them in a tupperware container. You can then bring them out and at anytime and blend them up with a splash of milk (any milk), you then have instant low calorie ice cream! I like to add some peanut butter to mine, makes the ice cream really creamy.

:flowerforyou:

This^^ Or you can always toss them in smoothies.Google recipes that suit your tastes. I also make banana cookies. You mix 2 mashed bananas and a handful or two of rolled oats, and bake in the oven. You can even toss in berries or cranberries like this recipe: http://www.blogilates.com/recipe-index/healthy-desserts/easiest-healthiest-cookie-recipe-in-the-world

You can also make banana bread or muffins :)
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Banana Bread!

X1000000000000000000!

DO IT :love:
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Agree with all the "freeze 'em" suggestions. I buy red-banded (super ripe or over ripe) bananas and peel and freeze them in gallon sized ziploc bags. I have three full bags in my freezer right now, as a matter of fact. The frozen banana thickens any smoothie or shake you use them in. It's so good. After a workout, I do one cup skim milk, one frozen banana and one scoop (or whatever the recommended serving size is) of chocolate flavored protein powder. If I have extra calories to "spend", I'll put in a spoonful of peanut butter. An easy smoothie I like is a cup to a cup an a half of water, a 1/4 of frozen orange juice concentrate, a frozen banana, and a handful of frozen mixed berries. I don't overblend the shakes or smoothies because they lose their viscosity as the blending process goes on and I prefer a thick drink. Also, I prefer to leave the bananas whole (as opposed to cutting them up) so it's easier for me to "measure" them for calorie counting purposes. :)
  • Leigharev
    Leigharev Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Another fan of the ice cream. I just blend the frozen bananas in my Vitamix and nothing else. It makes a delicious soft serve ice cream.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    BANANA BREAD. Here's the recipe from Chef Bo Friberg's book, The Professional Pastry Chef: Fundamentals of Baking & Pastry.

http://www.soapmomskitchen.com/2011/08/best-ever-banana-bread.html

YOU'RE WELCOME.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    Freeze them after slicing :)

Throw them in smoothies, mash them in oatmeal, bake muffins, drizzle melted dark chocolate over them, bake them with cinnamon and sugar and top with whipped cream....

I love nanners ;)
  • kirstineu
    kirstineu Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    foday I hve just mad Banana and Oat buscuits - that was the only 2 ingredients!!! I guess you could add chocolate chips and or peanut butter etc. but they were brill as they were!
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Freeze them and them make ice cream with them. 1 frozen banana, 1tbs peanut butter, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 2 tsp of cinnamon. Blend together and eat straight away! Enjoy! delicious healthy ice cream.

This. I can't do dairy, and bananas form a creamy frozen treat that is just like ice cream. I don't add flavors to mine most of the time, but a little cocoa never hurt :smile:
  • Carol_Magee
    Carol_Magee Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yummy!!
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Freeze them and them make ice cream with them. 1 frozen banana, 1tbs peanut butter, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 2 tsp of cinnamon. Blend together and eat straight away! Enjoy! delicious healthy ice cream.

This. I can't do dairy, and bananas form a creamy frozen treat that is just like ice cream. I don't add flavors to mine most of the time, but a little cocoa never hurt :smile:

Cocoa? Definitely trying this! *Adds cocoa to shopping list....* :flowerforyou: