If you could go back in time...

Options
jbutterflye
jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
What time period would you go to? And where in the world?

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    2008, and right where I am, just paying better attenion.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I would be 18 again. And not marry every guy I sleep with.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    My childhood and actually enjoy it to the max. Do the things I wish I did back then.

But I do like the idea of visiting the 1940/50's era or going to the middle ages and seeing what really happened back then. Or even going back to ancient Egyptian or Greecian times and see what it was like then too. That leads to too many possibilities of when to go to.
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this earlier... I'd like to do a fairly complicated time shift backwards then forwards for a bit then backwards for a year or two with a little tricky switcheroo to bring me back to now. I'd be married to somebody else and have kids... :bigsmile:
  • IAMSHELOCK
    Options
    1996-1997 , Cincinnati..... It would have NEVER happend.
  • Scott2ndGradeTeacher
    Options
    The mid-80's rocked.

(insert your own "Bangles/Poison/Loverboy" reference here)
  • llama_sammich
    Options
    I'd go back to the late 60's-70's in San Fransisco. For the music maaaan ;)
    Hendrix? Joplin? Yes please!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    2001 and NOT married my baby daddy, regardless of what my family said... that was the start to the downfall and my first ex-husband.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I'd go back to 1997 and NOT move in with my loser druggie boyfriend. *shudder* What is it about being 21 that makes you think you are invincible? Ugh.

Oh, I'd also go back to the early 2000s and take the trips with my now husband that he tried to surprise me with, but I chose work instead. Life is too short.
  • EricB56
    EricB56 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Can I go back a couple of weeks and buy a lottery ticket? :bigsmile:
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Back to when I was 2-5
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    i would just go back to earlier in life.......... knowing then what i know now. oohhh how different my life would be today. :grumble:
  • Fanof48
    Fanof48 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would go back to 80's: still marry the first one so that I would have my son, get out sooner, keep the weight off after I worked so hard to lose it after he was born, skip becoming an LPN and go straight to being an RN, skip the crappy dates and find/marry my current husband a lot sooner on the time line!
  • Fanof48
    Options
    Good one!
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    I'd go back to when I was 18.. then at least I'd feel like less of a perv when I see the young, yoga pants wearing girls at the gym.
  • Fanof48
    Options
    Can I go back a couple of weeks and buy a lottery ticket? :bigsmile:

Good one!
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    ""the 1940/50's era or going to the middle ages and seeing what really happened back then. Or even going back to ancient Egyptian or Greecian times and see what it was like then too. That leads to too many possibilities of when to go to."""""

THIS
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I'd love to go back to before North America was settled by the Europeans, back when the Native Americans were relatively peaceful, and live with one of those peaceful tribes for a while.
  • breajohnson
    breajohnson Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    back to the end of 1999 so that i could buy stock in wal mart and be a millionaire now
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    The mid-80's rocked.

(insert your own "Bangles/Poison/Loverboy" reference here)

Oh Susanna Hoffs, why did you have to make all my socks crusty?