How much weight should I lose? PICS

Options

Replies

• lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    ok so if I had your body I would be super excited. Of course I currently weigh 20lbs more than you. Knowing your height I am sure you could loose a few more pounds if you want. I think if you are looking to tighten things up then you should consider dropping a few pounds and adding weights. I have seen on this site the amazing results people get from weights. The girls who lift look great. If you have the time and desire then go for it. But I still think your body is awesome just the way it is.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Seriously, nobody knows the number on the scale but you. Now, you can shape that bod up, and maybe not lose any weight at all, and have it look a lot firmer and compact. Lifting is the fastest way to get that look. Or perhaps you will lose a little weight, but its not necessary. There are tons of stories of ladies on here who changed their body composition with lifting, without changing their weight that much. I have only been lifting for a few weeks so I don't have any pics yet, but I can tell you my body has changed more in 3 weeks of lifting than in 13 months of DVD workouts.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Previous advice stands the same. In fact, I would argue that I'm now at about 10 lbs instead of my original 15. :) Original picture was a tad deceiving in that it was taken looking upward at a slight angle.. those are always the least flattering. And I also stand firmly behind incorporating strength!

Great interior decor by the way. :flowerforyou:
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    IMO you're looking great!!.. Keep up the good work and follow some of experts on here..
  • ilonawie
    ilonawie Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Just whatever you feel comfortable with!
  • Werrrkitgurl
    Options
    Forget "weight" and build some muscle. I suspect you'll love the results.

Exactly. :))
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    *sigh* just sigh*

You look good, but I suspect no matter what a million strangers tell you , you will not be satisfied with your body.

Lifting can help your body composition (as others have said).

If you're looking for a certain number to lose I don't really think that's important.

Be happy with yourself... you're beautiful.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I think you look great and cute doggie butt btw!:laugh:
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options

Mos' Def'

Well... I figure she could probably stand to lose 3 or 4... ounces. Or, I dunno - how much does that kind of fabric weigh?
  • MellifluousGirl
    MellifluousGirl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't lose any. You look amazing. Just make sure you're eating a lot of fresh fruits & veggies to continue looking amazing. And stay active. I highly recommend the book 'Eat to Live' by Dr. Fuhrman to everyone I know. I sound like a paid spokesperson, but I'm not. The book is just that life-changing. AND, if everyone followed his recommendations, lives could literally be saved (and the planet, potentially). Anyway, you should be super proud. You are a gorgeous girl. :smile:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Mos' Def'

Well... I figure she could probably stand to lose 3 or 4... ounces. Or, I dunno - how much does that kind of fabric weigh?

Seriously? Come on man.
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options

Mos' Def'

Seriously? Come on man.

I thought it was funny
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Mos' Def'

Seriously? Come on man.

I thought it was funny

You thought some 36 year old guy telling some girl literally half his age looking for advice on the internet about her body that she should take off her bikini was funny?

Creep city.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

Mos' Def'

Seriously? Come on man.

I thought it was funny

You thought some 36 year old guy telling some girl literally half his age looking for advice on the internet about her body that she should take off her bikini was funny?

Creep city.

Oh stop it. It was funny!
  • megan_sunshine
    Options
    All I can say is, I'm flattered honestly! I love all the support. However, no negativity on this forum! Thank you all for not judging me...(or maybe you secretly are in your heads, I dunno lol). I'm really taking all of your advice on lifting to tone my body. I think it would get me much closer to my desired look. I wanna tighten my body. Any weightlifting tips? Schedules? Eating plans? Any and all advice that you can think up is much appreciated!

:flowerforyou:

Mos' Def'

Seriously? Come on man.

I thought it was funny

Creep city.

• VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Mos' Def'
    Seriously? Come on man.
    I thought it was funny
    Creep city.
    I'm sorry I missed out on this part of the conversation! Thank you Jessy, Lisa, and Megan for not being offended, and Johnny, I'm sorry that I creeped you out. Was it really creep city though? I was shooting more for creep town, or creep village, or maybe the creepy little parlor in my creepy little house.

The main reason I participate in these forums is to entertain myself through the drudgery of losing over half of myself. I always hope that I am also entertaining others, but I realize that there are lines that "should not be crossed". Unfortunately I was born with a vision-related genetic defect such that I can not see these lines. I just hope that I offend and creep out as few people as possible. FWIW, I also try to be as "supportive" as possible, depending on how you define that term.

Megan - speaking of supportive, I highly recommend that pick up the book "The New Rules of Lifting for Women". I don't have any personal experience with it, but I have seen much praise for it among the female population of my friend-group.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    All I can say is, I'm flattered honestly! I love all the support. However, no negativity on this forum! Thank you all for not judging me...(or maybe you secretly are in your heads, I dunno lol). I'm really taking all of your advice on lifting to tone my body. I think it would get me much closer to my desired look. I wanna tighten my body. Any weightlifting tips? Schedules? Eating plans? Any and all advice that you can think up is much appreciated!

:flowerforyou:

Mos' Def'

Seriously? Come on man.

I thought it was funny

Creep city.

Definitely second the recommendation for New Rules of Lifting for Women but it can seem a little complex at first so a much more easy to follow starter programme is Stronglifts 5 x 5, Google will give you the whole programme and you can check YouTube videos for proper form. Best of luck with it Megan, you'll be thrilled with your results and honestly I saw results so quickly when I took up weight lifting!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I'm doing New Rules, but I guess because I have been around here awhile reading all the lifting talk that it didn't seem too complex for me.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i think you are going to get the results you want by lifting mostly
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Get some heavy weights and start lifting. I don't think you need to worry about dieting. You will lose fat and gain muscle at the same time with weight training.