Why do my coworkers sabotage my weight loss journey?

Options

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Put the box in the break room...they will be gone in an hour. End of problem.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Nothing prevents you from throwing it away. If you have to, dunk it in water and throw it away.

But that's such a terrible waste of delicious Girl Scout cookies!! D: the least you could do is give it to a homeless person or something...
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    UGH, hate that! I have a coworker who is also a good friend who used to do that to me all the time. She'd drop my favorite candy off on my desk or bring me in food that she knows I can't resist. It took a long time and a few very candid talks with her to make her understand that what she was doing was hurting my efforts to get healthy, especially since I'm diabetic on top of it. She shows love and affection with food, so it was hard for her to pull back and stop doing that. Fortunately, once she understood that she'd be showing me more love an affection by NOT pushing food on me, she stopped. Maybe you just need to have a candid conversation with this person and firmly let them know how you're feeling. Short of that, "re-gift" the goodies to someone else who doesn't mind eating them!
  • WTF7
    WTF7 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sabatoge are everywhere - whether intentional or not- it's up to ourselves what we put into our mouths!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I have been doing so good with my weight loss journey here lately. But earlier today, one of my coworkers brought me a box of Girl Scout cookies. Lemonades...my favorite. When I was a boy scout, I had rather eat Brownies....but now the lemonades are my favorite. She knows that if I open the box, I won't be able to stop myself, and will eat the whole thing, which is about a million calories. I just can't resist. Why do people have to do everything they can to ensure that you stay fatter than them?

Wow, it must be awesome to have so much power over another person that you can make them eat stuff they don't want to eat!
  • jn_33087
    jn_33087 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to work with packs of feeders when I was losing weight the first time (had baby, gained weight again) and Ive come to the conclusion that the majority of people associate food with fun, so it you're not eating as badly or as much as they think you should, they think you're sad, or mopey or something.

I actually had someone at my current job offer me cake for someone's going away/last day of employment party and they said, before I could even answer, "Oh, I forgot, you're NO FUN."

Something I've done to stop this is when someone offers me a piece of cake, or box of my favorite cookies, I say "Thanks! This (whatever it is) looks delicious! I had a huge lunch though, so I'll save it for when I get home." Then I wrap it up, take it with me, and then throw it away in the nearest trash can I know they won't see. I've actually stopped on my way home from work to throw something away a feeder gave me.

The key to not eating it is to not open it. I feel like you're the same way I am. If I have one, I'm going to eat the whole damned box. So I don't even open them.

I hope this helps!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Just eat the damn cookies and stop whining.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Well lets think this through if saying No to the box and feeling sad because you were deprived is worse than saying Yes to the box and feeling guilty than eat the box.

Some have said share them believe me Lemonade Girl Scout cookies will be an endangered species once you declare open season among your ravenous coworkers. You could have one and get rid of them. Just take like 15minutes to eat that cookie. OR you could say F" it they come out once a year I'm eating the box. OR you could look at the box and with your most obnoxious loud voice say NO and give them to the trash an act of complete defiance and an F' you to that lady and Girl scouts every where. S'up to you.

Only person that can sabotage you is you. Unless she forces you down on the ground and stuffs cookies in your mouth. Uh oh, new fantasy. Damn it!
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Where do you people work!? And who are your friends!? I must say I have never EVER felt that my coworkers or friends were sabotaging me. Sure, they bring junk food and crap into the office all the time, and make delicious and sooo unhealthy meals when I come over to eat, but no one is shoving the food forcibly into my mouth! Take responsibilty and control over your own actions, people! No one is going to take the weight off you you but you!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I have been doing so good with my weight loss journey here lately. But earlier today, one of my coworkers brought me a box of Girl Scout cookies. Lemonades...my favorite. When I was a boy scout, I had rather eat Brownies....but now the lemonades are my favorite. She knows that if I open the box, I won't be able to stop myself, and will eat the whole thing, which is about a million calories. I just can't resist. Why do people have to do everything they can to ensure that you stay fatter than them?

I had a housekeeper like that when I worked at the big house. He knew my favorites, and he would go out and buy them and leave Twix, jalapeno Kettle chips,and heath bars on my desk every day. When I started to try and get some control, he brought in some jalapeno kettle chips and left them on my desk. I told him, I didn't want them, I was cutting my intake,and didn't need any treats anymore. He just smiled, left the chips on my desk and said... You'll eat them. That day I resisted, and he was shocked the next day when they were still there. That didn't stop him from dropping off the treats. I would get pissed, and female dog him out, and he would just laugh and bring something the next day. I think that he just didn't get it. For him, buying treats and giving them to people was the way he showed his affection. As frustrating as it was, I would just pitch the crap unless I was being weak that day.

Your guy... Who knows. he may just be a Richard.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Someone made me a cake for my birthday...I obviously don't eat cake. I just threw it away when no one was watching. Don't even open them...just chuck em' and forget em.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    When people try to take you down, it means youre doing something right. So keep up the good work!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    My mind went t the gutter when I read the comment on eating brownies :blushing:

You're not the only one. :devil:

It was meant to. It's an old joke.
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    haters are everywhere...just maintain.. YOu have control!!
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options

But that's such a terrible waste of delicious Girl Scout cookies!! D: the least you could do is give it to a homeless person or something...

you think homeless person would want cookies as a meal?? why that is sooooo generous....

you have to be joking me.:noway: :noway: :sick:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Why do my coworkers sabotage my weight loss journey?
    I think the more important question is, "why do you allow your coworkers to control your weight loss journey?"

MY boss is exactly like that too. He'll open a candy bar or pack of cookies and leave one..just one on my desk. He knows I'll eat it eventually.
    He drives me nuts with it. Sometimes it turns into a game and I'll keep putting it back on his desk, he'll put it back on mine...etc. until one of us gives in and eats it.
    Go dip it in the toilet and then sit it on his desk. You won't be tempted to eat it anymore. :laugh:
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Because they don't know how else to tell you that they prefer their men curvy and soft.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

you think homeless person would want cookies as a meal?? why that is sooooo generous....

you have to be joking me.:noway: :noway: :sick:
    Hey it's better than muffin stumps.
    muffin-top.jpg
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation at work. Several months ago,I changed departments. They eat donuts , muffins, or breakfast burritos every Friday, plus occasional other snacks in between. i give a lot of it to other coworkers, and just occasionally eat it myself. Like has been said, it is up to us what we choose to put in our mouths. Sometimes I resist, other times I don't.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Send them to me damn it! J, WTF, send em to me. I'll eat em all, chicken *kitten*. I work to hard in the gym not to have them cookies.
    FEED ME NOW! LOL