How much do you work out each day?

Options
I am just curious, how much exercise every one does a day and how many days a week you exercise?

Replies

• jeffrey71
    Options
    I am a triathlete and distance runner. I usually workout/train about 3 hours a day 6 days a week.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    5 days a week for about an hour each day. I do a mix of weight lifting and cardio.
  • gabijadc
    gabijadc Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I try to do some exercise every day.
    Usually it's anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes all together (depends on how I feel that day):
    warm-up + a HIIT workout (10-20min.) + extra ab exercises + cool-down & stretching.
    I also try to do some yoga at least once a week.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    55 minutes 3x a week heavy lifting and cardio warmups
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    6 days: Most days are 1-1.5 hours, except on long runs or races.

Sunday: 5 or 6 miles
    Monday: weights or bootcamp (1 hr)
    Tues: running speedwork (1.5hrs)
    Wed: run 3-5 miles (45 min ish), plus weights or bootcamp (1 hr)
    Thurs: hill sprints (1 hr)
    Friday: day off
    Saturday: long run (12-22 miles) or race (13-31 miles)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    45 minutes lifting 2-3 days a week

30 minutes cardio 2-3 days a week. Maybe.
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    3-6 days a week (basically if I have time it is 6 days a week, but if I am very very busy that week than I go 3 days) I work out for an hour. 30 mins cardio, 30 mins weights/machines.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I lift M, T, Th, F. M & Th it's 3 exercises, 5 sets of 5 reps for upper body (bench, bent over rows & overhead press) T & F it's two exercise 5 sets of 5 reps lower body (squats and deadlifts). On upper body days I run (sometimes for a flat pace, sometimes intervals) and maybe do more cardio after I lift or some yoga, depending on my time. On lower body days, I do a dedicated ab workout and a 10 minute cardio video or two after. Wednesday is my cardio day, yester day I ran and did yogao, the week before I did a 30 minute boot camp video. On Thursday evenings, my daughters have gymnastics, and there is a little workout area that I can pay $20 a session for that over looks the gym, so while they're in class I do the elliptical (if I get there first, otherwise more treadmill) for 30-40 minutes and watch them, if they make it to the area in front of where I am. I've also been doing a bit of running or walking on my treadmill each evening, but that's not an all the time, scheduled thing like my morning workouts. I rest on the weeknds, although also might throw something in, depending on how I feel. My workouts typically do not take more than an hour.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    6 days per week:

Monday - Aerobic zone Cardio...30 min
    Tues - Heavy lifting 30-45 minutes; 30 min recovery zone cardio
    Wed - Aerobic zone cardio...30 min
    Thurs - Heavy lifting 30-45 min; 30 min recovery zone cardio
    Friday - Aerobic zone cardio...30 min
    Sat - Heavy lifting 30-45 min; 30 min recovery zone cardio
    Sun - off...but generally active.

Really, it just depends on your fitness goals. If you want to run a marathon or participate in triathlons and the like, you need a lot more cardio and endurance training. If you wanted to body build, you'd need a lot more time lifting. I'm just looking to be generally fit, good heart health, and strong with a fitness body so the above works for me.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    6 days a week, bright and early 4:30 am

3 days cardio (C25K training plan so the actual time varies)
    3 days strength (30 min to 1 hour depending on how much time I have)
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    6 days a week for usually 45 minutes - 1 hour
  • amypomm
    amypomm Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I do 1 hour and 20 mins. Thats about how long it takes me to burn 500 calories according to my HRM. I do that 5x a week. Strength train 3x a week.
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i go quite a bit more than the average person, but I'm a college student and don't currently have a job so i go to keep me busy! better than sitting in my dorm room or going out and drinking my weight in alcohol like everyone else, right? (:

6 days a week
    hour and 1/2 - 2 hours in the afternoon
    1/2 hour - hour and 1/2 in the evening

Monday, Wednesday Friday: 2 hours of cardio (afternoon), half an hour of cardio (evening)
    Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: 1 1/2 hours of cardio (afternoon), 1/2 hour of cardio + hour of weights (evening)
    Sunday: "rest day" (about 1/2 hour of light cardio)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    About an hour a day, 6 days a week. 3 days cardio / 3 days lifting. This allows me maintenance calories north of 4000 if I want. NOM NOM NOM eat all the damn foodz!!111!!!!!111!!1!!!!!!!!
  • mrandolph69
    mrandolph69 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Monday: cardio (one week 30 minutes of steady state, the next week HIIT) + 25-40 minutes of strength training (chest and back)

Tuesday: cardio (one week 30 minutes of steady state, the next week HIIT) + 25-40 minutes of strength training (legs)

Wednesday: off

Thursday: cardio (one week 30 minutes of steady state, the next week HIIT) + 25-40 minutes of strength training (shoulder and arms)

Friday: cardio (one week 40 minutes of steady state, the next week HIIT) + 25-40 minutes of strength training (abs)

Saturday: 60-120 minute bike ride (>20 miles working up to 33 miles; training for a race)

Sunday: off
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Really, it just depends on your fitness goals. If you want to run a marathon or participate in triathlons and the like, you need a lot more cardio and endurance training. If you wanted to body build, you'd need a lot more time lifting. I'm just looking to be generally fit, good heart health, and strong with a fitness body so the above works for me.

exactly. If you did my work outs, you could be an ultra-marathoner, too! ha ha! but, most people aren't into that sport and are more into being generally healthy and physically fit. :)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    About 90 minutes a day, 6 days a week.
  • michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I try for six days a week, two hours a day.
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    I try to exercise everyday, I aim to burn 1k+ calories a day.