New looking for UK folk doing 5:2 diet

Options
H1L5
H1L5 Posts: 55 Member
Hi I have been doing 5:2 diet for about 3 weeks now. I'm new on these boards and only have one friend :-(
I need more friends doing 5:2 for mutual support.

Replies

• monpettitefleur
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm in the UK (Lancashire) and starting on Mon.
    How are you getting on?
  • mayeast
    mayeast Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi I am sort of UK base (work abroad at minute but home is Yorkshire). In third week of 5.2 type diet so far. Think it is working but had to many treats last weekend. Also just discovered this app
  • maz000
    maz000 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi i just started on the 5:2 diet this week . Although im not sure if im doing it right .
    It wd b good to meet others on here that r doing it too. Feel free to add me!
  • tiggerdug
    tiggerdug Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    oh me too! I started 3 weeks ago, im finding it ok, though gave in a few days! How you doing? Feel free to add me, im in Falkirk Scotland! x
  • blippers
    blippers Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've heard about this and was thinking of trying it.......oh, and I'm in Brighton, UK
  • HF35420
    HF35420 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just started this today, hoping it works. After the 1st day fast surprised it wasn't harder, mind you girly night out tomorrow :D
  • sgall123
    sgall123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi been doing it 5 weeks I'm in Leeds feel free to add... There's also a good Facebook group
  • IcklePickle18
    Options
    hi! is this where you fast for 2 days?? Im very curious about this method, still unsure if its right for me - but id love to know anyones opinions on it - feel free to add me :)
  • H1L5
    Options
    Hi Nice to hear from you. I've only been doing it for three weeks I think I've lost about 2 pounds. I only weigh myself once a week after I've done the second fast day. I haven't got loads to lose but its been on there a long time and is hard to shift.
  • H1L5
    Options
    Yes in theory you can eat normally for 5 days and then fast for 2. Fast days are pretty tough as its 500 calories for a woman and 600 for a man. This is where I could do with being in touch with others for ideas on how to stay to 500 calories. The nice thing about fast days is you know its only for one day and then your back to normal the next day. There was a programme on TV about it. I think it is still on utube. I'll see if I can find the link if you're interested.
  • H1L5
    Options
    Hi I live near Ripon so not so far away. I may take a look at the Facebook group. I don't really do FB I would have no life left if I did.:wink:
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome! We have a 5:2 group here, with lots of nice, supportive people - come and join! :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8005-5-2-fasting
  • H1L5
    Options
    I know. We had a party last night. It was a pie and pea do and I am a bit hung over today, so not so good for the weight loss, but thats the beauty of 5:2. Hopefully the next fast day will make up for it.
  • H1L5
    Options
    Thanks I'll take a look.
  • H1L5
    Options
    I like the 5:2. Its not too restrictive so I think I could stick to it. I don't think its a quick weight loss programme though, but I think it could become a life style. The only way you'll know is if you give it a go.
  • Upanddown
    Upanddown Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I followed Michael Mosleys plan for about 6 weeks back before christmas and lost about 5 pounds over the course of those 5 weeks. I could stand to lose a few more pounds but really why Im doing it is for the health benefits linked to the fasting days. If you go to youtube and pull up michael mosley IF (intermittent fasting) you'll see an hours documentary on IF.....it is worth watching!!!! Anyhow.....when Im doing the fasts I do them on Mondays and Fridays (breaks them up) and only eat dinner on those days (500 cals). And the fasts start after dinner the night before so I am doing them for a full 24 hours. Certainly worth checking into and definitely a lot of pro's attached to this lifestyle. Also.....I might suggest Brad Pillons book called Eat Stop Eat. Check out his web page. You can read a little on him and his background before your obligated to buy the book. If the Youtube documentary doesn't sell you on it.....Brad will!!! lol Good luck and be sure to sign up for the IF group on here! Welcome =-)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,703 Member
    Options
    I did a cheat's version August to October, by netting 500 on my down days rather than grossing 500. Never had problems exercising fasted, so would do a big cardio workout to earn some extra cals. Stopped while on vacation but starting to try to get back to that eating pattern. Had one down day last Monday. Will try for one or two this week again.

I'm in Shoreditch London.
  • bronnysj
    bronnysj Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I lost nearly 3 stone on the 5:2 diet in about 5 months. Hit a bit of a plateau so I've changed to a low calorie diet in the last few days. I found it really easy after the first few weeks and hunger wasn't a problem once you got used to it!

P.S. I'm from the UK too, south west!
  • lindanufc
    lindanufc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi im Linda, Ive been doing the 5.2 diet for around 4-5weeks now lost 7 pounds. My GP told me about this diet i have high cholestrol !!!!!!! i need to loose weight and improve my overall health and eating habits feel free to add me
  • eyelash410
    Options
    Hi I'm Michael, I've been the 5:2 for 6 weeks and I've lost 7.7kg /17 lbs, so it's going really well. As someone already there is a 5:2 group full of people in the same boat, offering support especially on fasting days. Feel free to add me if you want.