New looking for UK folk doing 5:2 diet

Options

Replies

• jb1164
    jb1164 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been doing it for about 5 weeks. I have to plan what to eat on my fasting days but it seems to suit me. My diary is open if you want to have a look. I tend to fast on tue/thurs each week, but not this week, as I'm on holiday! Not eating over my daily calorie, though! Feel free to add. Jan :0)
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    Hi, i'm from Hampshire and I started yesterday :) I read the book on my Kindle, I'm pretty terrible at dieting so I think this is going to really suit me. Yesterday was a fast day, my fast days will be tuesdays and thursdays, and today I ate around 1800 calories, but ate healthier options than usual, and more veg. My eating has been out of control, esecially with chocolate, so i've given that up.

I've already planned tomorrow's fast menu, I spread mine out over the day as I have an active job and get peckish, but found it much easier than expected yesterday. Breakast - 1 egg white and 1 whole egg, maybe scrambled or in an omelette, with mushrooms (108 cals), lunch will be a small apple, babybel and 1 ryvita mediterranean crispbread (150 cals), dinner will be a portion of low cal broccoli soup I made and a salad of lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, 100g raw weight chicken breast grilled, and 1 tbsp sweet onion dressing (179 cals all together).

The rest is for tea! Although I will try and drink more water too. Feel free to add me, I have 28.5 lbs to lose, going on holiday in 5 months so would be nice to lose most of it by then.
  • x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it since end of jan.

Add me. Add me. Add me.

I need inspiration. Love creating new low cal meals.

Am on fast today.
  • CazLovesCalories
    CazLovesCalories Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am on my second week of 5:2

Feel free to add me. Im near Bristol x
  • sarahf3092
    sarahf3092 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm on my 3rd week of 5:2 and also from the UK - Aberdeen :)

Will drop you an add, always looking for more supportive friends! Fast day today aswell!
  • Churchill1959
    Options
    Hi there, just read your message. Today is my first day at the 5:2 diet. :smile:
  • jocelynsawyer
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Australia and just started the 5:2 diet today. Any tips coping with the fasting days? My biggest threat is wine :drinker:
  • kaz473
    kaz473 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I have been doing 5:2 for seven weeks now and have lost 10.5lbs! Its the first diet I have ever done and I am finding it quite easy to stick to and I have zero will power! Good luck everyone!
  • Flossie1981
    Flossie1981 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I've just started week 4 and today is my 7th fast day, I've lost 8 pounds so far.... feel free to add me!! :happy:
  • parkerclaire77
    parkerclaire77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hello my name is claire, i too have been doing this 5:2 diet for 3 weeks with great success and im new on here today and today is my fast day!! :)
  • Abby1986
    Abby1986 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting the 5:2 tomorrow and am from Surrey, UK :)

I can feel myself starting to get bored and slip back into old habits with my eating, so would really really like to stop myself and gain control sooner rather than later. From reading reviews and blogs on the 5:2 I am seeing that many people find it a great lifestyle change, rather than a diet so to speak, and is stopping them from falling off the bandwagon and stopping them from tearing themselves apart with guilt if they do.

Please feel free to add me, would love some support!
  • flossytreadlight
    Options
    Bought the book today. It's the only book I've ever read in a day!! Determined to do this :) First fast day tomorrow ????
  • lcyfrn
    lcyfrn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lucy and I'm wanting to start the 5:2 diet this week. I'd love to have friends on here following to, could really do with the support! Please feel free to add me! xx
  • cheekychops1412
    Options
    Please feel free to add me too...I'm also looking for support and guidance having just started the 5:2 diet yesterday. Yesterday was tough; my 1st fast day, but I coped but developed a migraine last night as I don't think I drank enough.

How are you doing on it? How much weight have you lost?
  • settingDfree
    settingDfree Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm british and on 2nd day of 5:2. tips welcome :)
  • bigmike1974
    bigmike1974 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Doing a modified 5:2.

4 feast & 3 fast days Monday, Wednesday and Friday. As the feast days are quite generous it works out at a steady weight loss of 0.5kg a week. Been doing it since begining of March.

Based in Devon. Trying to up the amount of exercise I do slowly as currently feel like a train wreck!
  • icklekimmy
    icklekimmy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hey i have just finished reading the book and am starting my first fast day tomorrow so any advice or help appreciated ????
  • littlebutnice
    littlebutnice Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Beeen doin 5:2 for a few months myself :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    There's lots of advice and tips on the discussion threads on here!

Welcome to all the newcomers.
  • helkitty72
    helkitty72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, Just started today and have a bit of a headache but other than that the fast was fine. Had 470kcals. Am wondering how many kcals people are eating on their "feast" days, I am still planning on counting, maybe around 1500?