What amazing new food did you discover this week?

Options

Replies

• amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I have discovered that I like eggplant. Low in calories, high in nutrients and great as a side! I baked it drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.

That sounds so good.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    no, they were super sweet
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    no, they were super sweet

Thank God!! I am going to try it very soon!!!! Im excited!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    grilled portobello cap as a "burger." Now, it's no beefy burger, but it's a nice substitute that takes on any flavor that you choose to put on it. I basted with teriyaki and topped with a pineapple for a hawaiian portobello burger! And get this...the whole cap only had ~30 calories! BIG difference from the ~250 for the beef patty.
  • sblim
    sblim Posts: 99
    Options
    This thread got me thinking of all the different fruits I've had recently.. Another one I had for the first time lately was a Tumbo. It is like a passion fruit or granadilla but really bitter. I think that exhausts it.

courtney_love2001 - I wished I liked mushrooms, but I can't stand to eat them.
  • wettak
    wettak Posts: 16
    Options
    I found Thomas' bagel thins. It completely satisfies my bagel cravings, but for only 110 calories!

Where have you found those? I've checked several grocery stores in my area and have had no luck!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    I found Thomas' bagel thins. It completely satisfies my bagel cravings, but for only 110 calories!

Where have you found those? I've checked several grocery stores in my area and have had no luck!

If you cant find the thins (at Jewel, Walmart, Target), the mini bagels have essentially the same nutritional values. I like the minis better because they just FEEL like you get more. But both are really good! The bagel thins are great for breakfast sandwiches!
  • Kyliemish
    Kyliemish Posts: 29
    Options
    Bought a dragon fruit this week, they are so beautiful and colorful...and they taste so refreshing and delish too!
  • SwissTracey
    SwissTracey Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have discovered that I like eggplant. Low in calories, high in nutrients and great as a side! I baked it drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
    How long to you roast it for? and what temp?
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I peeled it, sliced it to 1/4 inch slices, then layed out in a pan rubbed/drizzled olive oil and sprinkled Parmesan cheese. I baked them at 400 til they were golden brown and gooey. YUM!

I just found this recipe for eggplant

http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/oven_roasted_eggplant.aspx
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I discovered Wheat Thins Flat Breads. They are like long crackers and 2 of them are 60 calories. They are yummy with laughing cow cheese.
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    I discovered Wheat Thins Flat Breads. They are like long crackers and 2 of them are 60 calories. They are yummy with laughing cow cheese.

These are amazing!! ESPECIALLY with the LC cheese
  • CreativeRedhead
    Options
    I bought this new peanut butter called NATURALLY MORE. It was delicious and not full of sugar and extra junk. Check it out if you love peanut butter. :)
  • sotonguetied
    Options
    it sounds so simple, but over the past week or so i've discovered that i really like almonds :]
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    it sounds so simple, but over the past week or so i've discovered that i really like almonds :]

me too!! Inside my Chobani yogurt!!!

I also bought quinoa, but my pantry ate it because I surely didnt and its not there! :(
  • afluegel
    afluegel Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Arnold Select Sandwich Thins - 100% Whole Wheat.... I use as a bun for burgers, to make all my sandwiches, mini pizzas ect... They are great for everything and only 100 calories with good protein and fiber and only 1g fat!
  • 5ktorunbyMay
    Options
    I discovered chipolte salmon burgers that I will be grilling for supper tomorrow night. Fill you in then.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Lots of new things this week that were all amazing!
    ezekiel bread
    organic peanut butter
    butternut squash
    morning star "chicken" patties
    sargento fiesta blend pepperjack cheese
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Bought a dragon fruit this week, they are so beautiful and colorful...and they taste so refreshing and delish too!

This sounds dumb, but how did you eat it? Do you just cut into it or peel it or what? They looked really complicated!
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    Arnold Select Sandwich Thins - 100% Whole Wheat.... I use as a bun for burgers, to make all my sandwiches, mini pizzas ect... They are great for everything and only 100 calories with good protein and fiber and only 1g fat!

Mmmmm I eat these almost everyday, but never thought of using them for mini pizzas!!!!!! I will have to try that out :)