Not what I see in the mirror

Options
124»

Replies

• linski24
    linski24 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I also hate photographs of me ..!! I think I look ok a the moment in the mirror .! However I will nt allow body shot photos ..! Head and shoulders only ... And I have to pose ..!! Natural pics for me are horrid .. Being caught unawares even worse ... Make me want to weep ..!
    I despise pics of me .!!
  • linski24
    linski24 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Ps: how do people see me ...??? The mirror Lindsay or the photograph Lindsay ...????)
  • skatewalker
    skatewalker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is so true and I've been thinking about how it all works?? I reckon that if we look in the mirror and think we look 'not bad' then we have a pretty good self-image . . . . . but unfortunately it almost makes us less concerned about losing the weight, which is NOT good. I think it's a brain thing really.
    My son recently got married and I found a beautiful outfit and thought I looked great. Now we've got the wedding photos and in some of them I think I look awful but there are 1 or 2 decent ones.
    I've now decided not to worry about it so much. When I see myself in a photo I just think, "Well, that's me. That must be how I appear to others." So in a way, it helps me to be a little more motivated to change.
    Good luck to everyone.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I think I just subconsciously "pose" the split second before I look in the mirror. Suck in the gut, bend one leg, raise my chin...hey, looking okay! But a photo, especially a candid one....yikes! Who's that fat chick? lol
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I think it depends upon what your pose is in the photo. In the mirror I always control the angle I'm looking myself at. With the photo if someone is taking candid with you doing random things it can catch you in unflattering angles. At least that is from my experience. As with pose pictures, I feel like I look the same in photos as well as in pictures. What can help you with this is to take photos of yourself as you are losing weight. Like self tracking photos.
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    I hate myself in pics and 50% of the time i hate myself in the mirror :) But whatever, that is why i workout!
  • cocobuny
    cocobuny Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I hate myself in pics and 50% of the time i hate myself in the mirror :) But whatever, that is why i workout!

I AGREE..This is why we work out to feel good about ourselves and like what we see in the mirror..