What's the single most effective change you've made?

Options

Replies

• Sharon_73
    Sharon_73 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Changing my attitude and getting over the issue of "who's looking at me" when I workout. Now, I workout for me and I don't even pay attention with who else is in the gym.
  • JustThriveCo
    Options
    Eating for longevity vs. eating for delishiocity

I am a foodie and LOVE to cook gourmet organic meals.

Now that I know even organic food is nutritionally bankrupt and it's just not possible to give our bodies all the nutrients they need for optimal health from what we can buy at our farmer's markets, I completely transformed my approach to healthy eating. A change that resulted in an immediate release of 30 pounds in my first 60 days. The body definitely responds to optimum nutrition.

That was a year and a half ago. My latest aha was learning that muscle is more important than how it looks. So, a month ago I began adding daily exercise to the mix, and have lost another 12 pounds!

I'm confident that I will be even healthier when I turn 50 in September than I was in my 30s! My next 5 decades are gonna rock!
  • TheNewBlake
    TheNewBlake Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Eating 3 times a day!
    I use to eat so much i just ate kuzz i was bored but now i eat 3 meals a day and i look back and im like wow! i ate so much!
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    giving up artificial sweetners & drinking water
  • CaliSteph
    CaliSteph Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It seems so simple but just logging everything. It really helped me see how and why I wasn't losing weight as well as paying attention to portion sizes of what I'm eating.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    I started looking at serving sizes. 2 oreos. 3 chips ahoy. 8oz of silk. 1/4 cup of granola.

NOT "keep pouring cereal into the bowl until you run out of soymilk"
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Logging. Writing down every thing that goes in my mouth keeps me aware.
  • lirpamc
    lirpamc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Portion control!! I couldn't believe what I thought was a "normal" portion. I was eating WAY too much.
  • SunOfMan
    SunOfMan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Switching from no exercise to working out 5 times a week.
  • TammyKeaten
    TammyKeaten Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Drinking water! I was never very good at it and could still use more but it helps with hunger and has been great for my skin!
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    For actual weightloss, got to be a cross between limiting sugar and regular exercise.....but psychologically probably exercise, gave me confidence I never would have had otherwise
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Working out in the mornings!!!

It's become a part of my routine this way and I'm much more consistant. It also gets me drinking water in the mornings and helps me stay on track with my calories for the rest of the day.
  • rdpage90
    Options
    I've totally changed my attitude to snacking. I'm way more conscientious of what i choose in the supermarket for my weeks snacks.
  • Ambercaskey
    Options
    green smoothies...best way to curb cravings and get in a massive amount of veggies.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Cutting out processed sugars, anything in a box, flour, grains (minus oatmeal)
  • beejelblor
    beejelblor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    eliminated processed food in my regular routine. artificial cheese was a big one for me and my boyfriend... i think we lost our first 10 lbs just by giving up doritos, cheetos, chips, and munchies. our other thing that worked great but we keep sliding on is not drinking during the week.. each beer adds up!
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Eating healthier. Less candy and snacks, more fruits and vegetables. Makes a huge difference.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    Great ideas here.

Most importantly for me, I think is this site, using the food diary and educating myself on everything, didn't know what a TDEE was before this.

Using a food scale, drinking more water, increasing exercise (still need to do more) and just trying to do one change at a time.

And actually enjoying all of this.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Cutting out processed sugars, anything in a box, flour, grains (minus oatmeal)

Maybe that is why I prefer to get the McCann's canisters!
  • bartcal
    bartcal Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Actually paying attention to portion sizes. Really saw how much extra food I was consuming when I started adding everything up.