Parts of movies that make you want to scream

Replies

• sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    *ANY* movie where the characters use a computer. Quick ones that come to mind:

Every computer scene in "Hackers"
    The little girl working the 'UNIX' terminal in "Jurassic Park"
    The whole movie, "The Net"

I'm the same with TV shows. My wife loves the crime dramas, but she kicks me out of the room whenever she's watching one of the CSI's or NCIS. :laugh:

My fiance is a computer programmer (masters in computer science) and I can't watch ANYTHING with him... he'll pause things to read what people are typing and then criticize their 'code' and he has to tell me every time something can't be done or when something CAN be done but not like that...

Surprisingly he claims that Criminal Minds isn't too bad. He says they don't go too crazy most of the time. You should check it out and give me a second opinion
  • I'm sure there would be many parts of Titanic I would scream through if I had managed to stay awake through it. I was fed up with the typical 'with it' granny I see in so many movies, but post that, it allowed me time to catch up on sleep. Did I mention the movie bored me to sleep?

Any of the Lord of the Rings movies that had MULTIPLE climatic endings.
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Legends of the fall... when Brad Pitt has to cut out his brothers heart on the battlefield. Me & my best friend watched the movie 20 times and never could look during that scene.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Any horror movie where a girl is running away from a killer in her extremely high heels. Come on it takes 2.5 seconds to take those things off!
  • Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Any horror movie where a girl is running away from a killer in her extremely high heels. Come on it takes 2.5 seconds to take those things off!

^^^THIS!!! lol
  • Any horror movie where a girl is running away from a killer in her extremely high heels. Come on it takes 2.5 seconds to take those things off!

Or when they run up the stairs to get away from people (i.e.: every one of the Scream movies) The whole house and upstairs with no possible escape seems like the best option?
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Slightly idiotic, but there's a line in Lion King that always drives me nuts.

Mufasa: Everything the light touches is ours....
    Young Simba: Everything the light touches... But what about that shadowy place?
    Mufasa: That's beyond our borders. You must never go there, Simba.

DID YOU NOT JUST HEAR MUFASA SAY EVERYTHING THE LIGHT TOUCHES. CLEARLY THE SHADOWY PLACE IS NOT "WHERE THE LIGHT TOUCHES".

Idiot.
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    The ENTIRE (documentary) movie, "Earthlings".
    I want to scream, vomit, but mostly I just cry...cry and cry for 108 minutes straight. The part with the elephants makes me want to kill someone. It's the most violent, rage inducing movie EVER! But still, I highly recommend.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Slightly idiotic, but there's a line in Lion King that always drives me nuts.

Mufasa: Everything the light touches is ours....
    Young Simba: Everything the light touches... But what about that shadowy place?
    Mufasa: That's beyond our borders. You must never go there, Simba.

DID YOU NOT JUST HEAR MUFASA SAY EVERYTHING THE LIGHT TOUCHES. CLEARLY THE SHADOWY PLACE IS NOT "WHERE THE LIGHT TOUCHES".

Idiot.

Lions r dum.
  • The Titanic stuff doesn't bother me at all... When she says she'll never let go as she's letting go of him, she's talking about, y'know, metaphorically never letting him go. Keeping him with her forever, blah blah blah, but physically letting go of him because, well, he's dead and she has to. And with the door, there's a moment where it shows both of them attempting to get on it, but it not working. So. Yeah.

But um. I literally screamed during Starrbooty multiple times because OH GOD, RUPAUL, NO, I DON'T WANT TO THINK OF YOU THIS WAY. But the part I screamed at the most was the part with Lady Bunny. I can't really go into more detail than that.
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    any action movie where they are racing a counting down clock and it must be the SLOWEST MOVING TIMEPIECE ON EARTH.

Best example: James Bond's Octo***** where bond has time to dress up like a clown, including complete pancake makeup when there are mere minutes before a nuclear bomb detonates. HOW!?!

ETA HA HA HA They sensored the movie title!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,733 Member
    the Star Trek reboot from a couple of years ago is illogical. some guy from the future sees his family killed, blames Spock, so he travels back in time many years in order to destroy Spock's planet.

why didn't he just go back in time a couple of months, leaving him plenty of time to prevent the event that kills his family? that way everybody lives.

makes. no. damned. sense.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    I know scientifically accurate movies make for boring plotlines but...
    6c923f620dc10ec5b95d4798ad928898.jpg
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    the Star Trek reboot from a couple of years ago is illogical. some guy from the future sees his family killed, blames Spock, so he travels back in time many years in order to destroy Spock's planet.

why didn't he just go back in time a couple of months, leaving him plenty of time to prevent the event that kills his family? that way everybody lives.

Maybe he overreacted because he was hangry
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    any action movie where they are racing a counting down clock and it must be the SLOWEST MOVING TIMEPIECE ON EARTH.

Best example: James Bond's Octo***** where bond has time to dress up like a clown, including complete pancake makeup when there are mere minutes before a nuclear bomb detonates. HOW!?!

ETA HA HA HA They sensored the movie title!

Similarly, any movie where everyone is about die because the clock's about to go out and then people have time to makeout or give emotional speeches. The most recent example of this I can think of was Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises". Really Batman? GTFO and save the city. Now. Stop having emo-time with everyone.

I've always wondered that as well!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,733 Member
    I know scientifically accurate movies make for boring plotlines but...
    6c923f620dc10ec5b95d4798ad928898.jpg

also, every movie ever where the protagonists outrun/outjump/outcrawl a fireball or explosion (e.g., in a cave, in an elevator shaft, in ventilation ducts, etc.).

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OutrunTheFireball
    http://mathspig.wordpress.com/2009/11/16/2-you-can-out-run-a-fireball/
  • Gracerrr
    Gracerrr Posts: 141
    Cheating. I HATE when someone takes a perfectly likeable character and make them a cheater (or have them try to make someone else cheat). Sorry, I automatically hate you now and you will not be able to redeem yourself, ever.

Ruined so many popular movies for me. The Notebook, Brokeback Mountain, Little Children, My Best Friend's Wedding, Etc.....
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Should I be ashamed I've never seen Jaws?
    Yes you should.

For me it's any movie I'm watching with my wife where she's already read the book. I want so scream every time I hear "That's not how it was in the book." I had to stop watching the Harry Potter movies with her until I read the books, that way she didn't complain nearly as much.
  • Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Should I be ashamed I've never seen Jaws?
    Yes you should.

For me it's any movie I'm watching with my wife where she's already read the book. I want so scream every time I hear "That's not how it was in the book." I had to stop watching the Harry Potter movies with her until I read the books, that way she didn't complain nearly as much.
    \

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! My ex used to get so mad at me about this!!!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    I hate unrealistic hollywood crap about guns or computers.
    computers that do things no computers do in real life. Unix systems that can project holograms out their back port...etc..

Or people shooting guns in action movies. Like those idiots that always shoot a shotgun one handed with their arm extended out in front of them. Really? You like your arm dislocated at the shoulder do you?
    Or silencers on guns that make a teeny little pew pew sound when they shoot. So obvious Hollywood directors have never seen a real gun.

Or making a movie adapted from a book and taking gross license with the characters. I can think of one book where a character is a gay male, and Hollywierd made the character a black woman. STOP SCREWING WITH THE STORIES I LOVE!!!!