Anyone else down to their last 10 pounds?

Options
13»

Replies

• ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I already broke my first goal and am two pounds from my second goal. I revised with a third goal of another 10 pounds to lose. Not sure my body is as happy to lose these last 15 or so pounds as the first 65, though. I have been yo-yoing around this weight for a month or two now.

Feel free to add me as well.
  • bilberryjam
    bilberryjam Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I did hit a wall a while ago and found that with the change in my BMI and my increase in exercise, I actually wasn't eating nearly enough. It wasn't until I increased my calories by 400 that the weight started coming off again.

Similarly, I switched from the MFP model to deducting 20% of my TDEE, which essentially means I'm eating 300-400 more calories a day than I previously was, and I've lost 7lb since the new year, which might not seem much, but I was seriously not expecting to lose at that pace once I'd reached a healthy weight. To think I was so worried that if I upped my calories I'd plateau or even gain! But it's really working out for me and I'm hoping to shed the last 5lb by April.

The reason I was reluctant to go down to 1200 and work out like a mofo was because I couldn't see myself doing that after I'd reached my goal weight - which means those 10lbs would probably go right back on the minute I got into 'maintenance.' This way, I feel like I'm getting used to way I need to eat (and exercise) to keep the weight off for the rest of my life - and it really hasn't taken that much getting used to. (It sure beats living on soup and salad.)

But it's probably worth nothing that I'm 5'6 and my goal weight is 139lb - and I'm guessing to some of you that will seem high. If you're the same height and trying to go from 139 to 129, it's going to be harder.
  • bilberryjam
    bilberryjam Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Down to my last 6! Might lower my goal once I get there though...

It's interesting so many people have mentioned moving the goalposts as they come closer to their goal. I'm tempted to do that, too.

My head says, 'No, concentrate on fitness goals and lowering your bodyfat.'

But there's something very addictive about seeing the number on the scale go down.
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    me!!!

I had ten more to lose, then took a break as I had surgery.. I'm ready to get back at it... and in a perfect world, I'd like to lose 16...
    I'm 48, a Mom to 5 kiddos and have already lost 40 pounds. Feel free to add me too!

I'm pretty sure I am going to need some super support as these last pounds do not want to budge!!!

cheers!
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 9 more maximum, I've lost 21 so far. I've built a lot of muscle so I may end up losing only a couple more lbs. Feel free to add me!!
  • lisavirani
    lisavirani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've been on the dreaded "last 10" for a while. I am down to my last 6 though, with a goal of March 19... It seems highly unlikely now unfortunately :( I am good for giving support though, if anyone needs a new buddy. :)
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm on the last 7 lbs. The first 45 came off so easy and then I stalled. I've upped my calories, started working out 6 days/week but the scale stubbornly refuses to move. I feel like I keep gaining and losing the same 2-3 lbs. I might just ditch the scale and start working on bf%
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I _think_ I'm down to my last 10 lbs -- currently at 167 and shooting for 159. The reason I am unsure is because when I first started losing my goal was 175, and as I neared it I realized that I could do much better. At 175 my body-fat percentage was in the healthy/normal range, but by just a hair. I decided that I not only wanted to get back into the suit I wore when I got married, and lose the spare tire. 'Tis funny (not in the ha ha way) how different 175 looks today than "back in the day." Clearly I don't have the muscle mass of the past, and thus need to either put on more muscle, lose more fat, or both.

Shooting for both.

In any case, I will probably re-evaluate my goal again once I'm at 169 to see what I think. After all, the number is only a guess. What really matters is being healthy and fit.
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Down to my last 10-ish! I think my ticker says I have 5 to go, but I'm actually aiming for 125, if I can get there again, and right now I'm 134.5. Feel free to add me. :)
  • rainwalkerSK
    Options
    I think so? I was 164.4 this morning, aiming for 160 (I'm 5'11). But....I don't really know. My butt and thighs are still much jigglier and more cellulite-y than I want. If a 4.4 pound loss clears that up then yep! I'm at goal. But I'm guessing that even at my "goal weight," I'll still have work to do.

Honestly, right now, I'm not as focused on weight. I used to weigh myself daily, sometimes 2-3 times a day. And I'd graph it. Now I get on the scale once a week, maybe once every 10 days. My focus right now is running. I'm doing my first 10k in April, then a half marathon in November.

Then, next winter, in the "off season," I'm going to really focus on weight training and BF%.