Is it safe to eat 2 eggs everyday?

Options
I eat 2 eggs with whole wheat toast with some type of fruit for breakfast everyday. Is it healthy and safe to do so?

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    The only way it wouldn't be safe is 1) you let them go bad on the counter top the night before; 2) your doctor said you shouldn't; or 3) you are allergic to eggs.

The nutrition you get from 2 eggs, as consumed within a healthy, balanced diet, is worth the little extra cholesterol.
  • LIswimmer51
    Options
    why wouldn't that be safe? sounds perfect to me! :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    not if you're the yolk about to hatch into a baby chicken.

Otherwise, eat away. I personally am a fan of eat 3 eggs in the morning typically with some milk
  • TheSwoleMinister_deleted
    Options
    Agree. 2 eggs a day is not out of the norm as long as you still have a well-rounded diet throughout the day as well. Go for it!
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yup. The only reason I could see someone maybe not having them every single day is if they have any medical issues that their doctor tells them to limit their consumption.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I ate a 3 egg omlete last night yolk and all, gasp! I love eggs

only reason you should not eat eggs every day is if your doctor has advised againist it.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Of course it is; does the same apply to Creme Eggs? :devil:
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I find that if I eat two eggs I go over my cholesterol levels. I don't eat eggs often, nor is my cholesterol ever very high, so idc if I do go over every once in a while.
    Ah- but, find out what your levels should be. If you find that you go over, just use 1 yolk and 2 egg whites :)
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I've wondered the same thing! I have two hard boiled eggs for breakfast every day and I was concerned about the cholesterol. I've read different things that it doesn't actually impact your cholesterol but there are conflicting studies I guess.
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Current advice here in the UK is that eggs can be eaten freely without restriction.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    totally healthy unless you have high cholesterol which I doubt because you look young.
    mmmmmmmmm eggs = good
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    No...egg whites..yes. Eventually the sodium and cholesterol will catch up with you as you age. Best be healthy now as who knows what healthcare will be like in the future.

A great replacement is Crystal Farms Liquid Egg Whites or similar...use sodium free spices along with EVOO and you'll never miss the other...just a NON FOOD NAZI suggestion...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You'll get a lot of "sure, I do" responses, which aren't always helpful since most food related health problems take years to develop. The general medical recommendation is that 2 a day, every day, could be too many, especially if you have any other heart disease risks.

From Harvard School of Public Health:
    http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/eggs/
    People who have difficulty controlling their total and LDL cholesterol may want to be cautious about eating egg yolks and instead choose foods made with egg whites. The same is true for people with diabetes. In the Nurses’ Health Study and Health Professionals Follow-up Study, heart disease risk was increased among men and women with diabetes who ate one or more eggs a day. (1) For people who have diabetes and heart disease, it is best to limit egg consumption to no more than three yolks per week.

This research doesn’t give the green light to daily three-egg omelets. While a 2008 report from the ongoing Physicians’ Health Study supports the idea that eating an egg a day is generally safe for the heart, it also suggests that going much beyond that could increase the risk for heart failure later in life. (3) You also need to pay attention to the “trimmings” that come with your eggs. To your cardiovascular system, scrambled eggs, salsa, and a whole wheat English muffin are a far different meal than scrambled eggs with cheese, sausages, home fries, and white toast.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Current advice here in the UK is that eggs can be eaten freely without restriction.

Bad advice :smile:
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options

I wish!! :laugh:
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I eat 4 hard boiled eggs a day, 2 for breakfast and 2 as a snack at work in the evening. No issues to report, and I wouldn't expect there to be.

Wanting to place some of the eggs on a bed of straw and sit on them now and again isn't a side effect is it? :tongue:
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    No...egg whites..yes. Eventually the sodium and cholesterol will catch up with you as you age. Best be healthy now as who knows what healthcare will be like in the future.

A great replacement is Crystal Farms Liquid Egg Whites or similar...use sodium free spices along with EVOO and you'll never miss the other...just a NON FOOD NAZI suggestion...

I agree ;)
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

:D:D if only
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    The only way it wouldn't be safe is 1) you let them go bad on the counter top the night before; 2) your doctor said you shouldn't; or 3) you are allergic to eggs.

The nutrition you get from 2 eggs, as consumed within a healthy, balanced diet, is worth the little extra cholesterol.

I agree with #2 and #3.

But did you know that in most countries (outside of the US and possibly Canada) they do not refrigerate eggs? It's not really necessary. They will last longer in a fridge but keeping them out on the counter over night won't hurt them.

In fact, some baking recipes recommend that you let eggs reach room temperature before you use them.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

No.