Is it safe to eat 2 eggs everyday?

Options

Replies

• Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    No...egg whites..yes. Eventually the sodium and cholesterol will catch up with you as you age. Best be healthy now as who knows what healthcare will be like in the future.

A great replacement is Crystal Farms Liquid Egg Whites or similar...use sodium free spices along with EVOO and you'll never miss the other...just a NON FOOD NAZI suggestion...

I could always do 1 egg, and 2 egg whites. I always use sodium free spices and evoo :) Maybe my best bet would be to ask my doctor what he thinks.
  • bobbie1965
    bobbie1965 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    eggs have lots of good protein :) but if you have cholesterol issues try to do 1 whole egg with 1 egg white thats what I do ;-) sometime add a little fat free cheddar cheese too ;-) the cholesterols in the yoke ;-)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    No...egg whites..yes. Eventually the sodium and cholesterol will catch up with you as you age. Best be healthy now as who knows what healthcare will be like in the future.

A great replacement is Crystal Farms Liquid Egg Whites or similar...use sodium free spices along with EVOO and you'll never miss the other...just a NON FOOD NAZI suggestion...

Dude the egg yolk is the best part. I feel like I'm biting into a baby chicken and I love eating baby chickens!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by safe? I eat 3-4 eggs every morning. What kind of eggs are you eating? I mean if you are eating the kind of eggs that they do in Thailand where when they eat the egg the animal inside is halfway through the stages of birth so they are actually eating a whole animal when they crack the egg then probably its not safe.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'm broke this week and might end up eating nothing but eggs most days. I'll let you know if I die or turn into a chicken.

Also, done this before plenty of times, never killed me yet.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

I could always do 1 egg, and 2 egg whites. I always use sodium free spices and evoo :) Maybe my best bet would be to ask my doctor what he thinks.

I eat 3 eggs a day and more on weekends, over the last year my cholesterol has gone down and is now sitting in the perfect range. It was very high before, cholesterol in eggs is not the same as the cholesterol in your blood stream...I'm always surprised by the uneducated replies people give as fact on this site...
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Chicken cholesterol isn't human cholesterol. Note that even the quote above talks about what you eat with the eggs being a bigger issue than the eggs themselves. Even the Harvard Public Health food people say that most people don't need to obsess about dietary cholesterol, because the biggest influence on blood cholesterol is the mix of fats and carbs in your diet.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I just eated 4 hard boiled eggs.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm broke this week and might end up eating nothing but eggs most days. I'll let you know if I die or turn into a chicken.

I'm going to bet that you will die eventually. The question isn't whether eating eggs today will kill you today, which is unlikely unless you choke on them. The question is whether eating too many eggs will cause you to die earlier than if you didn't eat them.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Right...when I was in my 20's and 30's, I knew everything, exercised a ton (athlete), ate what I wanted, didn't listen to my doc and now I am one....It will catch up with you eventually. My LDL and HDL were perfect....till later...it's great now, but only after I HAD to make major changes. Sad that we have to learn the hard way.

Just trying to help is all. Preventive maintenance is a cure within itself.

Be well!
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options

I'm going to bet that you will die eventually. The question isn't whether eating eggs today will kill you today, which is unlikely unless you choke on them. The question is whether eating too many eggs will cause you to die earlier than if you didn't eat them.

You would know doctor...:SMH:
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Right...when I was in my 20's and 30's, I knew everything, exercised a ton (athlete), ate what I wanted, didn't listen to my doc and now I am one....It will catch up with you eventually. My LDL and HDL were perfect....till later...it's great now, but only after I HAD to make major changes. Sad that we have to learn the hard way.

Be well!

OH really....

http://authoritynutrition.com/why-are-eggs-good-for-you/

http://www.caloriesecrets.net/are-eggs-good-for-you/

http://www.m.webmd.com/diet/features/good-eggs-for-nutrition-theyre-hard-to-beat
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options

I eat 3 eggs a day and more on weekends, over the last year my cholesterol has gone down and is now sitting in the perfect range. It was very high before, cholesterol in eggs is not the same as the cholesterol in your blood stream...I'm always surprised by the uneducated replies people give as fact on this site...

I wouldn't make it sound as eating 3 eggs a day as a contribution to your cholesterol level....could it be the 81 lbs lost.....more likely. If you have a pre existing condition or a family history of heart disease or high cholesterol, then I would steer clear of eating the yolks, as they contain 98% of the cholesterol in an egg. Mayebe a good substitute would be 1 egg white with one whole egg w/yolk. But really, its your choice. Their are much worse foods out there than eggs.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Be well!

OH really....

http://authoritynutrition.com/why-are-eggs-good-for-you/

http://www.caloriesecrets.net/are-eggs-good-for-you/

http://www.m.webmd.com/diet/features/good-eggs-for-nutrition-theyre-hard-to-beat

Thanks! From your link (emphasis mine):

"Then, in 2000, the American Heart Association (AHA) revised its dietary guidelines and gave healthy adults the green light to enjoy eggs once again. The AHA's guidelines now allow an egg a day for healthy adults while still advising a total daily cholesterol limit of 300 mg."
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    IMO I think it's okay as long as you have a well rounded diet. I eat 2-3 eggs almost every day and I feel great! As far as the cholesterol...I believe that as long as you're consuming some of the good fats and other things that increase your good cholesterol levels then everything should even out, right?!
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Dont do it. Here, ill take those eggs off your hands and dispose of them properly.
  • imstrong4me
    Options
    I do it about everyday too its ok or if I get tired of it I eat plain oatmeal and toast
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

I doubt it. Now if I spent the rest of my life eating nothing but eggs and dropped all my multivitamins, yeah, I'd be dead meat sooner rather than later.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Thanks! From your link (emphasis mine):

"Then, in 2000, the American Heart Association (AHA) revised its dietary guidelines and gave healthy adults the green light to enjoy eggs once again. The AHA's guidelines now allow an egg a day for healthy adults while still advising a total daily cholesterol limit of 300 mg."

That is HILARIOUS considering one XL Egg has 240mg of cholesterol. Guess you cant have any chicken for the rest of the day, otherwise youll die a very quick horrible death huh?
  • XLMuffnTop
    XLMuffnTop Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My doctor has no issue with me eating 2 or 3 eggs a day even though that technically would put me over my cholesterol limit for the day. It is my (unprofessional) understanding that eggs do not contain the same type of cholesterol as found in foods high in saturated fats. It's the cholesterol in the bad fats that is unhealthy.

After all the back and forth (eggs bad, then eggs good, eggs bad.. good.. WTF) I do what is best for me. I eat them as often as I feel it's appropriate while continuing to monitor my health via how I look, feel and by more scientific ways through my doctor.