Chalene Extreme vs P90X

Options
13»

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Beachbody DVDs do suck! My P90X discs vibrate horribly in my player. Absolutely no other DVD has ever been a problem, so I am confident that the balance issue is being caused by the discs and not the machine. I have to tip the player on it's end to make the chattering stop.
    I haven't had that problem at all ... I wonder if you just got a bad set?

Possibly, but BB customer service was 100% useless when I asked them to address the problem. If I didn't love the workouts so much I would have returned the whole thing.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    How much space do I need to do the Chalean?

I see that no one answered your question on this, so thought I'd try and help out. This will sound like an odd way to measure, but hear me out - your space needs to be at least as long as you are tall and as wide as you can reach out to the sides with both arms! LOL. It's pretty much true - for the cardio portions, you may need just a tad more room, but for the strength training portions, this is a good measure. I workout in roughly a 7 x 5 foot space and it fits just fine!

I love just about anything Chalene Johnson puts out and have done ChaLEAN Extreme many, many times of the past couple of years - it's my fave go-to workout program! She's a great motivator and very upbeat - it's hard not to like her! :)
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Beachbody DVDs do suck! My P90X discs vibrate horribly in my player. Absolutely no other DVD has ever been a problem, so I am confident that the balance issue is being caused by the discs and not the machine. I have to tip the player on it's end to make the chattering stop.
    I haven't had that problem at all ... I wonder if you just got a bad set?

Possibly, but BB customer service was 100% useless when I asked them to address the problem. If I didn't love the workouts so much I would have returned the whole thing.

You know, that's odd - I called customer support about an older BB program I had with a DVD that had gone bad, and they replaced it for free! I think as long as you have proof of purchase, replacements should be a problem?
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options

You know, that's odd - I called customer support about an older BB program I had with a DVD that had gone bad, and they replaced it for free! I think as long as you have proof of purchase, replacements should be a problem?

had a problem with a dvd and they replaced it no questions asked, two years later had a problem with the same dvd and they told me i had to pay 20 bucks for it because it was out of warrantee
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Yes it is odd! When one of my Insanity workouts started to skip, they sent me a new one no questions asked. They didn't even require that I send them the defective one.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    How much space do I need to do the Chalean?

I see that no one answered your question on this, so thought I'd try and help out. This will sound like an odd way to measure, but hear me out - your space needs to be at least as long as you are tall and as wide as you can reach out to the sides with both arms! LOL. It's pretty much true - for the cardio portions, you may need just a tad more room, but for the strength training portions, this is a good measure. I workout in roughly a 7 x 5 foot space and it fits just fine!

I love just about anything Chalene Johnson puts out and have done ChaLEAN Extreme many, many times of the past couple of years - it's my fave go-to workout program! She's a great motivator and very upbeat - it's hard not to like her! :)

Thanks so much for the info!
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I know you already got alot of responses but I thought I'd add this little bit in. I found after doing chaleanX that I had a fairly good feel for form and everything and alot more confidence in myself to do a stand alone weight program without a DVD after. So not only is it a pretty good program in and of itself but it led to me being able to do other routines at home and feel confident I was doing it with good form.
  • nhillaker
    nhillaker Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How did you like Jillian Michaels? I just got it and I have completed week 1. Did you get good results? Did you follow the mean plan?
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I don't have time for super long workouts and I see that some of the P90X workouts are close to an hour. I can BARELY eke out 45 min in the morning. So, I've used CLX for a few years now. It's in my rotation of various workouts. I enjoy it immensely and I think it gives me a big boost in strength. I added Jillian Body Revolution to the mix last year and I like it. . . but I actually like CLX more. At least Chalene doesn't make you do a back arch AND do push ups from that position!! LOL!!!
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Neither of those is really very good at anything in particular. They're solid cardio, but they mix pretty poor strength training in and cram it all together in ridiculous high-intensity workouts that are designed to just make you feel super exhausted.

Strength training and cardio have different goals and don't belong in the same workout - you compromise the effectiveness of both.

They're also not sustainable. They're "quick fixes" that don't fix anything.

The better thing to do is moderate cardio 2-3 times a week and, strength train on 2-3 different days, and have 1-2 rest days.

Yes look at how poorly these workouts have worked for me :laugh:

CLX is great for people new to weightlifting. It is slow and she teaches great form. I have many.many clients getting some kick *kitten* results with it. It's a great complete program.

P90X is for more experienced weightlifters. He doesn't give a whole lot of form tips. It's fast and helps build explosive power and great overall functional fitness. Also a complete program.

Feel free to ask me any specific questions regarding any of these workouts.