Best Running Shoes???

Options
2»

Replies

• KetoDebbie912
    KetoDebbie912 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I was recently fitted for running shoes and came out with the New Balance 860's for stability. I was also fitted for inserts, as I needed the extra stability to keep my feet from over pronating. I LOVE THEM! When I run now, I don't feel like my ankles are weak at all and I actually feel very stable in them. Plus they are light and cute :)
  • lrichelle
    lrichelle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've run in Asics, Nike, and am currently running in MIzunos. Mizuno is by far my favorite brand and I tried ALL of them after my Nike shoe was discontinued. Like many have suggested, get fitted by a specialty running store and check to see what type of return/exchange policy they have. I order from Road Runner Sports and they have a 90 day guarantee, which is great. Sometimes it takes several runs to determine whether or not the shoe is right for you.
  • imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love my Asics Gel Blur 33s! They provide lots of support and the gel is amazing. They have to be the ugliest shoes I've ever owned though. lol!

Nikes suck. They were absolutely horrible in my opinion. I took them back because they provided no support and they gave me a blister in a really weird spot. That's too bad, considering how cute they are.

Saucony was OK except the toe box stretched out so much that they became too loose to run in. I didn't have them very long before I replaced them.

I've never had a problem with New Balance, but they aren't up there with my Asics.

I'm thinking I may splurge on some Brooks. I've heard really good things about Brooks. I don't like having the tongue of my shoe move around and they have a really cool pair that form to my feet and the tongue is completely attached to the shoe.
  • sisterbaby50
    Options
    I agree with the "Asics" people as well as getting the well trained staff to advise . The salesman working with me noticed my feet would roll inward (due to knock knees ) and urged me to get the arch reinforced style to keep my feet from rolling inward . You will notice the arches on the reinforced styles will be shaded grey along the instep of the shoe and give excellent support .
  • kylTKe
    kylTKe Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    as868.jpg
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    For Walking I love my Sketchers Shapeups.....for running I really like the Avia brand and also Privo shoes are super comfy
  • bluedevil005
    bluedevil005 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cute shoes, and cute running shoes too. But if you're even kind of serious about running, get fitted at a running shoe store. I've worn Nikes, Mizunos, Asics, New Balances, etc. Just depends on the model. They're all good. At the moment I love my New Balances the best--they're the most comfortable for my overpronation.