I need more Protein....HELP!!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• Peanutbutterx
    Options
    skinless boneless chicken breast - high protein and almost no fat, eggs! , fish (i love talapia because it doesnt have a fishy taste), turkey, crab, 93% lean hamburger meat, lean steak, nuts .. peanut butter :)
  • erinm2629
    erinm2629 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky is a great snack and low cal. i also mix my protein powder in my morning coffee and get 36g while i drink a low calorie mocha substitute. Once you get used to squeezing in the extra protein you will start to miss it if its gone!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I found that as long as my meals had a lot of protein I was fine. I ate eggs for breakfast, and something with meat for lunch and dinner. I also ate greek yogurt for a snack. There is also cottage cheese and beef jerky. Also protein powder when I was lifting weights trying to get as much protein as possible, but I'm not lifting anymore because I had to get rid of my gym membership.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky is a great snack and low cal. i also mix my protein powder in my morning coffee and get 36g while i drink a low calorie mocha substitute. Once you get used to squeezing in the extra protein you will start to miss it if its gone!

Oh my, I never thought of doing that...... is it good? Do you put a whole scoop in there?
  • DedeeMarie
    DedeeMarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    As a morning snack, I mix chocolate whey protein in with plain Greek yogurt, 53g protein in one shot!

Good idea, I need to try that!
  • DedeeMarie
    DedeeMarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, A lot of good suggestions. Its just hard sometimes to always have fish everyday. But the idea about prepping the grilled chicken and storing in the fridge/freezer is also a great idea. When I get off work I plan on hitting GNC up to try some of the protein bar suggestions (Thinkthin, Quest and PureProtein), should find one I like out of those choices. Thanks a bunch! Really.