Bikini Babes - April

Options
sjmay
sjmay Posts: 386 Member
Happy April ladies!

I know that Easter has been a little rough for a lot of us. Although it's a wonderful holiday with lots of family and friend gatherings, it's so hard not to eat too much with so many tasty dishes, chocolates and sweets around!

So, I am thinking about doing something a little different for the next two weeks, if it sounds good to all of you. To sum it up, there will be no weigh in this weekend. Of course, feel free to weigh in if you would like, but you don't have to.

This gives you, basically, two weeks, instead of the one to focus on yourself, eat well and exercise! I will take the results from last week (April 3) until April 17, and we will see who has the largest % loss.

Since there is no challenge for the 2 weeks, I thought I would just send out a few reminders to help along the way:

- Take time for you (maybe not everyday, but as often as you can), just to relax and enjoy life
- Eat healthy
- Exercise
- Get a full night's sleep
- Drink lots of water

Good luck ladies and Happy Spring!

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Sjmay - that sounds like a good idea - to go by two weeks instead of one. I will do my regular Wednesday weigh ins for another group, but skip Saturday this week. :smile:
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I really need to up my commitment to everything on that list!
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    Great idea sjmay!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I agree! Holidays make me fall off the wagon so bad. At least they're over for a while now. I think taking 2 weeks to focus on this is a great idea!!
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    that's sounds great sjmay. i like the idea.
  • hopeandfaith24
    Options
    sounds good! sorry i forgot to weigh in last week.
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! TOM showed up this morning so I wasn't planning on weighing tomorrow anyways because I know it's going to be rough. I will be sure to post next Saturday though hopefully with a little weight loss finally. I haven't lost in 3 weeks so I am really in need of some negative on the scale. I hope everyone has a good weekend.
  • savvystephy
    Options
    Sounds good to me! TOM showed up this morning so I wasn't planning on weighing tomorrow anyways because I know it's going to be rough. I will be sure to post next Saturday though hopefully with a little weight loss finally. I haven't lost in 3 weeks so I am really in need of some negative on the scale. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Yeah, I hear you on needing the scale to move. I have been around the same numbers for 6 weeks. Hopefully i will finally see 159.8 soon! :smile:
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I like the plan, too. Not only did I have Easter, but two weekend trips (one a wedding) last weekend and this weekend. Last weekend I'm sure I ate over my calorie limits, but I didn't go crazy (even thought it was a mini-vacay). We walked for hours every day and I even worked out in the hotel room one morning (squats, push-ups and sit-ups).

So, this weekend is the wedding trip and I'm going to try to follow my plan for last weekend. THEN - I have to be focused until our real holiday this summer.

Gotta go fit a run in at the gym before I pack for the wedding trip!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    wow I was still posting in the March thread and was wondering why I didn't get any responses. You might wanna post alink in the March BB thread for this April thread.

Well I ordered a bikini online and am waiting for it to come in. its a super cute pokadot bikini. I can't wait to try it on!
    I know u said no weigh ins and ur right APRIL has been VERY hard on me. I am up 2lbs but I did LOSE an inch in my waist and my neck so that's great news to me!

I know u all said no challenges but since this is my first week back on the wagon I wanna work out everyday this weekend. So I am challenging u ladies to get up and do something, anything every day this weekend. walking, dancing, anything. make it fun cuz hey it's ur weekend :)

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • savvystephy
    Options
    Hi Nola, glad you found us! :smile: I think that sounds like a nice little challenge. I am running a 5K tomorrow - so I already have that covered. :laugh: Depending how I feel Sunday will depend on if I take the day off or not. :tongue:

I am so excited because I started heavy lifting. I finally found my weight level for barbell squats - 95 lbs! I can squat 3 sets, 10 reps with 95 lbs and finally feel a burn. I am very excited! :)
  • usmcwifeb15
    Options
    Hi Nola, glad you found us! :smile: I think that sounds like a nice little challenge. I am running a 5K tomorrow - so I already have that covered. :laugh: Depending how I feel Sunday will depend on if I take the day off or not. :tongue:

I am so excited because I started heavy lifting. I finally found my weight level for barbell squats - 95 lbs! I can squat 3 sets, 10 reps with 95 lbs and finally feel a burn. I am very excited! :)

Great Job savvystephy! That is really exciting.

I hope everyone had a good week and stayed on track. I am very proud to say that I have done very well and that scale better give me a 130 something tomorrow morning!!!! Good luck for weigh in tomorrow everyone.:happy:
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    good afternoon ladies. we just arrived in ohio around 5:00 pm. i'll post my weigh in sunday morning. TOM paid me a visit friday and i didn't have time to post this morning, so i'll weigh in the morning. plus we came to where i was born, plus i'm will be around my family, i love them, but it's very stressful here. i'm going to stick to my weigh lose journey, no matter how stressful it gets.
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    i was 169.8 before TOM paid me a visit, so i'm up to 173.8 that bites. i'll have to see what next saturdaty is hopefully i can get back into the 160's.
  • savvystephy
    Options
    Well, I am still around the same weight - 161-162. This plateau is annoying me. :laugh: Hopefully I can get into the 150's by the end of the month. :tongue:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    This board is pretty quiet...
    LW: 192.5
    CW: 190.5 :happy:
    (So happy! This is keeping in mind that I went up to 195 after Easter!!)
  • usmcwifeb15
    Options
    Down 2lbs!!!!!!!!:bigsmile: HELLO 130'S OH HOW I MISSED YOU!!! I'll see you soon 120's!:bigsmile:

SW - 163.8
    BB SW - 145.4
    LW - 140.6
    CW - 138.6
    1st Day of Summer GW - 125
    Total BB Loss - 7lbs
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I agree this board has been way quiet!
    I am still waiting for the bikini i ordered online and am planning a cruise in july so i HAVE TO loose the weight!

Good luck everyone!
  • savvystephy
    Options
    Well, I can liven up the board some. I have some fun news - it seems like things are starting to turn my way. Since when I graduated college May 2009, everything kind of fell apart. However, now, I am going to be enrolling in one of the best graduate programs in my field August 2010, I will be moving out there and my roommate will be a friend from undergraduate. Plus, I have met an interesting male online that lives in the area with similar interests and who is very active. So, I will meet him when I move down there. I just want to lose at least 8-10 more pounds before I move down there! That's my hopeful goal.. so maybe this plateau will be broken. :tongue: I am hopeful!