Alcohol

Replies

• trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    This is a LIFESTYLE CHANGE and giving up stuff you enjoy is not LIVING
    I have and enjoy wine every week - get my exercise in and stay under calories
    ITS AL:L GOOD =)

couldn't agree more.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    If by a glass you mean a bottle, than yea.
    images_zpsc9e87d3c.jpg
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Yes I still drink wine, but probably less than I have in the past.

I kind of gave it up last year, thought that it would help with my fat loss, because when I had a glass of wine, I usually followed it up with a trip to the pantry!! So I stopped drinking in November or maybe October. Didn't even drink that much over Christmas (probably had a couple of glasses but that was it) and 2 glasses of champagne on New Years Eve.

It's not a big deal for me, I would just rather eat my calories.

This month, I started having a couple of glasses on the weekend again, Friday and Saturday night, and I always count the calories.
  • I'm stuck in a plateau so I have stopped having a drink to see if it makes a difference.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    I'm losing weight right now but saved up some calories yesterday for a night out. I just finished two Guinness and a couple glasses of Scotch. Is alcohol necessary? No. But you'll take it from my cold, dead hands.
  • I love knowing I am not alone in consuming alcoholic beverages. Cheers!!
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Do any of you still have a glass of wine here and there or other spirits? I know its taboo when trying to become healthier and more fit but, sometimes I need a little red wine! If any of you do still indulge, how much, how often and what?

I don't think anything should be taboo as long as long as you stay within your calories and close to your macro goals. Also, red wine is supposed to be very good for you.

Personally, I don't like the taste of alcohol, except for a bit of Bailey's Irish Cream in my cocoa around Christmas. But I have other vices. I love chocolate, especially dark chocolate. So, I've been buying bars of Lindt 85% cocoa and usually have 1 or 2 pieces every evening.

I tell myself that the dark chocolate has good antioxidants and I remind myself that a little dark chocolate keeps me from succumbing to other less healthy chocolate temptations.

Drink a little. Enjoy. Just do it in moderation.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    I haven't had a drink in over ten years. And I haven't missed it.
    Alcohol is just liquid calories.

and many foods are just solid ones....

I couldn't agree more. There are lots of foods and beverages that are essentually calorie-dense and empty of nutrients and I choose not to consume them where possible. And I don't enjoy life any less as a result.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Alcohol? Perish the thought.

*sip*

Martinis are delicious.
  • 33Chief
    33Chief Posts: 106 Member
    I will usually do a nice run the morning before I plan on having more than one or two. Other than that, I fit a couple in every now and again. I have a kegerator at the house and I don't hit it too hard. Takes will power but losing wieght and getting fit feels awesome!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Do any of you still have a glass of wine here and there or other spirits? I know its taboo when trying to become healthier and more fit but, sometimes I need a little red wine! If any of you do still indulge, how much, how often and what?

Hey Shan- I belong to a group called "like minded lushes". People who are serious about their weight loss goals but also enjoy alcohol. It's a non judgemental group of adults who support each other. Check us out!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    I am having a glass of cabernet now.. nothing wrong with an occasional drink. Stick to liquor or wine.

Also check out getdrunknotfat.com. Plenty of calorie information on everything alcohol
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    IIFYM...that is all I can say.
  • trytbfit
    trytbfit Posts: 14 Member
    yes I cannot give up my red wine.. I just exercise more the next day when I do.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    I was two deep when I ran out tonight. Total buzz kill. I've come to the decision that I won't give up anything. I just won't go nuts with it.
  • ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    All good meals deserve wine, as do good friends!

I probably drink every other week? A glass or bottle. ;)
  • FatSlayer1016
    FatSlayer1016 Posts: 125 Member
    I opened this link simply because I love me some alcohol! I lose a pound a week or more and have been drinking mad amounts of alcohol the whole time. In fact, I am comsuming a whole bottle of Merlot this evening and enjoying every last sip! Tomorrow I'll wake up, eat well and workout and not feel the least bit guilty!
  • I drink 10 OZ. Charles Shaw (Trader Joe's 2 Buck Chuck) White Zinfandel for 210 calories. Maybe 3-4 times a week lol!
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Too many carbs.. but when I do have a little cocktail its Vodka on ice
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    I still drink! The only way it's a huge problem to me is if
    a) I drink more than my daily amount of calories (yikes!)
    b) I drink so much that I stuff my face with Taco Bell and every other kind of junk food I can find that night
    c) I drink so much that I eat my body weight the following day
    d) Do all of the above.

Otherwise, enjoy! Losing weight has to fit with your lifestyle. If your lifestyle means you enjoy a few drinks while staying on track and still losing weight, then you should do it. I know I do :wink: