i know i know only 60 days ;/

Options
1235»

Replies

• daniellegwilliam
    daniellegwilliam Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have heard working out early mornings or before meal time is better for weight lose so I think I'll start to do that. And my meal plans are that with cereal or oat meal for breakfast, veggies and wheat thins for snacks, soup for lunch, and a light dinner. I can give that a try see how it goes.

I just to put it out there I want to lose weight for the wedding but I also want to keep it for after, so this is for sure something I want to stay with. I'm thinking that yes maybe 10-15 lbs will do it it's more possible too, I'll take anything I can get lol.

We are planning for a baby after the wedding so staying in shape NOW is a must.

Thanks again for the comments, advice and support :)

I would say 10-15lbs in 2 months is realistic.
    And inches are what you want gone. build moer muscle mass which increses your metabolism and burns fat. To do so, do more strength training. Like a PP mentioned, try something like Jillian Michales 30 day shred (you can also find lots of her videos online. youtibe)

Also, for breakfast, have more than just carbs/cereal, try some eggs, and veggies/meat. (An omellete or scrambeled You need More protein. even greek yogurt with some berries, piece of whole wheat toast
  • kariannmbc
    Options
    Theres alot of info to take in here :)
    Uhm now I am confussed on what I shld be doing... I need prety much like a bottom line " this is what you need to do" but I have also kind read that you need to do what works for you and stick with it.

Right now Im thinking Ima do my 30DS video in the morning and in the afternoon.
    Looking at joining LA Boxing and going that everday too.
    Go for at least a 30min run/jog.

Im just really stressed out now. When I think " okay, so now what am I going to eat?" I dont really know what I can eat or what shld i eat...

That's the problem.. there is no "This is what you need to do" because what works, is different for each person.

I'd focus more on your diet then I would anything else, honestly. Fat loss/weight loss comes from a calorie deficit, not exercise. Yes the exercise will help, but if you do too much too soon, you are going to get burned out.

You've taken on too big of a task in such a short amount of time.. so do what you can and don't worry about it.

Im working on looking at my diet and making changes, I just find it difficult to come up with what to eat, what times are best to eat. I have a house hold of 4( me, a picky husband and 2 lil boys they will eat almost anything.) so im working on it.
    I have found myself not being hungry so I dont really eat but I know thats not good either.
    Ppl say eat health eat lean and all that jazz but no one really says this is whats good to eat, or try this or show some kind of meal plan ya know.

What I have found is the most helpful is limiting "simple carbs" (bread, pasta, white rice, etc) to only one serving a day, ideally earlier in the day, and filling in the rest of my day with veggies (lettuce, spinach, kale, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, etc), some fruit (apples, berries, pears, occasionally grapes), protein (chicken, tuna, 2 or 3 eggs, turkey, occasionally beef or pork/ham), and dairy (cottage cheese, regular cheese, goat cheese, milk--I love cheese). I stay under 1400 calories.

If you're going to the gym, the elliptical is better than the treadmill. Now, I am losing a bit slower than 30 pounds in 2 months, my 7 pounds in my ticker has been since the beginning of February. But I haven't been super great at working out every day thanks to ice many mornings this month, and a lovely round of sinus headaches (bad excuses, I know).
  • Cdnlady16
    Options
    I have just over 70 days before I go on a cruise. I am also hopeing to lose about 30 lbs - but realistically if I lose 20 - i will be happy. EXERCISE! Toning your body will help not only make you feel better - but toning and tightening - will make all the difference. I was at 159 lbs and a size 8 - 2 years ago. Life got in the way - but I am starting again. Diet and exercise are the key. Cut out any soda, white flours, sugars and any kind of Artificial sweeteners. Stick with your calories - and above all EAT CLEAN! This means - nothing into your body that is not fresh off the vine or out of the garden or from a tree. VEGETABLES and FRUIT! Chicken and Salmon - serving size no larger than the palm of your hand for protein. Nuts are also great - but they are high calories - so be careful with how many you eat. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Uhm now I am confussed on what I shld be doing... I need prety much like a bottom line " this is what you need to do" but I have also kind read that you need to do what works for you and stick with it.

Im just really stressed out now. When I think " okay, so now what am I going to eat?" I dont really know what I can eat or what shld i eat...

That's the problem.. there is no "This is what you need to do" because what works, is different for each person.

I'd focus more on your diet then I would anything else, honestly. Fat loss/weight loss comes from a calorie deficit, not exercise. Yes the exercise will help, but if you do too much too soon, you are going to get burned out.

You've taken on too big of a task in such a short amount of time.. so do what you can and don't worry about it.

Im working on looking at my diet and making changes, I just find it difficult to come up with what to eat, what times are best to eat. I have a house hold of 4( me, a picky husband and 2 lil boys they will eat almost anything.) so im working on it.
    I have found myself not being hungry so I dont really eat but I know thats not good either.
    Ppl say eat health eat lean and all that jazz but no one really says this is whats good to eat, or try this or show some kind of meal plan ya know.

Um, it's not rocket science to eat healthy.

Fruit, veggies, lean meat, cheese.

Just eat a portion size of said item and nothing more.

There also is no "best time to eat". You eat when your hungry, and stop when full.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options

Soyou're going to workout like 3x a day? You're already stressed about what you're eating. If you workout a lot it will just lead to burn out. Burn out will just lead to failure. Stress off wedding, stress of eatign, stress of weight , stress of working out. This is a lot of stress. It will wreck havok on your immune system and endocrine system(hormones).

I lost 163lbs, I have set goals like this to lose x lbs by christmas or some event. Sometimes I would reach my goal, sometimes I would not. The most i ever got was "ywow you lost some weight, how you do it?" I tell them, then the subject changes, that was it 1 or 2 minutes. You expect people to throw a big party cause you lost weight?

You ever consider, NO ONE CARES HOW THIN OR FAT YOU ARE AT YOUR WEDDING???

I bet the in-laws will have something to say. Sorry to play devil's advocate here, I do think OP is being completely unrealistic too but she obviously thinks someone cares.

Well I care, I have never been 165 ever till now. I have always been around 120-125 so on my wedding day I would like to feel some what like my self... Plus, I dont fit into my dress! I bought it about 2 years ago so since then I've gained weight.
    My husband dont really care what I look like, so Im not doing it for no one, just for me and for me to self like my self again.
    But now I see that is going to take a lot of work lol.

Honestly hon, do 30 Day Shred.. (the workout is on youtube), go for lots of walks, eat right and you will be on your way. My advice would be to forget the # (120-125lb), just work on getting your body to be the size you want. Advice coming from a woman who is getting married later this year. Best of luck dear!