LADIES: how much protein do you take in per day?

Options

Replies

• highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I aim for about 1g/lb of lean mass which an online calculator helped me to determine was about 120lbs (I'm 208 with a high bf%) I aim to eat 100-130g/day
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 112
    Protein: 125-150g/day

I'm in maintenance and aiming to, at minimum, keep my muscle and eventually gain more too. Just not going to head in to a bulk right when bathing suit weather is starting. :smile:
  • lauren_gibbons
    lauren_gibbons Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    SW : 239lbs
    CW and GW : 137lbs
    Height : 5'7

Also in maintenance and take in ~ 140g/day, took the same amount during my weight loss journey
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    So I posted a question about protein the other day but I am still curious.

Please let me know your start weight, current weight, goal weight and height. Also your goals (gaining muscle, getting lean and toned, etc) and how many grams of protein you eat per day (about). Thanks!!

Hey! I'm 5'8"
    Highest weight: 190 lbs in high school
    Starting weight: 175 lbs
    Goal weight: 145 lbs
    Current weight: 142.5 lbs

My goals now are to maintain my weight while decreasing body fat % through a combo of cardio and strength training, and to run a 10K this summer.

I strive for 100g of protein, but I usually get to about 80g. I find that the more protein I eat, the less hungry I am in between meals . I eat a lot of carbs too though, around 200g. I need them to power me through my workouts!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    CW 184
    SW 303.4
    Height 5'6''

I typically take in anywhere from 100-180g protein per day, usually closer to the 150g mark. Strength training demands higher intake for muscle building.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    SW: 118
    CW: 110-114 depending on the day
    GW: already there
    Goals: To maintain my current weight and get stronger

I consume around 50g of protein a day, on average. I realize this is low by most people's standards, but my diet's good and I always have a lot of energy so I don't think I need to be forcing myself to eat more.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 5 and weigh 159 lbs. I workout 6 days per week (heavy lifting) and have a long run 1 day per week (active rest day). On lifting days my macros are (percentage) 40P, 30F and 30C (protein, fat and carbs)...on running day my macros are 30P, 35F, 35C...in grammes that would equate to 188g lifting days and 158 g of protein running day.

I am lifting heavy to get stronger and maintain my lean mass, whilst losing fat and am training for endurance events later in the year (hence the running).
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    SW- 170something
    CW- 120-125
    GW- it was 130 but I wasn't happy there.

I just upped my protein macros and am aiming for 180 a day because I'm shifting from weight loss/maintenance to body sculpting.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    SW 226
    CW 200
    GW 150

Height 5'4"

Goal: reach my goal weight while retaining every bit of lean mass that I can -- in a perfect world I would lose 76 pounds of fat only and be at 25% body fat at that point. Then I will evaluate how I look & feel & see if I want to get to a lower BF%

My LBM is 110-112 and I aim to eat 1.2 times that, or 132g protein/day. I'm a little unusual in that I do not count protein from most plant sources, since they tend to be less complete than proteins from animal sources. Sort of the opposite of a vegetarian I guess. So I have my protein macro set at 175g to account for the proteins in my veggies & starches.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    SW: 204lbs
    GW: 143lbs
    CW : 130lbs

5'3" & 38yo

Take in about 137g a day. But that's on a good day.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    My protein intake is around 90g. I most likely should be eating slightly more protein (they say 1 gram for every pound of lean mass,) but I'm usually always full as it is, and my current intake fits my macros / goals.

I aim for at least 1200 calories a day, but that doesn't always happen. As far as my macros go though, I get my calories from 70% fat (sometimes a bit more or less) , 25-28% protein, and between 5-2% carbs.

My start weight was 218
    My current weight is 180
    My mini goal is 155
    and my vanity goal is 125

I'm 5'6 and 26 years old (27 next month) if that helps any.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    SW 254
    CW 221
    GW 140
    Height 5' 7.5"

I try to get around 140gm of protein daily, but most days hit probably closer to 110. I think there have been just 4-5 days out of the last 60 when I've hit 140 or (once or twice) gone over.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 and 5'8"

SW for lifestyle change: 300-ish
    SW for MFP: 262
    CW: just under 250
    short-term GW (next year or so): 220
    long-term GW: 170-190 range

I am pescetarian, but still take in roughly 80 grams of protein daily. I have no idea if this is high or low and have not reviewed others' answers yet.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    156 g
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Between 140 and 187 a day.

I am five foot eight, currently 213lbs, and I eat between 1600 and 2100 calories, depending on my exercise on that day.
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    I try for 126g a day, now and then I am higher or lower but I always try to keep it at a minimum of 100g. I eat between 1800-2100 calories a day. I run and lift weights and mix in HIIT. I'm just working toward building muscle not losing weight.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    SW: 95 kg (~210 lbs )
    CW: 79 kg (~174 lbs)
    GW: 60 kg (~130 lbs)

5' 7"

24 years old

My goal is to be slim and toned (I want the ballet/dancer long muscles, nothing too strong or show-off).

I average 120-130 g of proteins every day. I'm not targeting a certain protein level... but I do eat a lot of meat and yogurt. I would like to eat less meat, because I do tend to eat more acidic foods and protein does raise the level of uric acid in my body.
  • samgolod
    samgolod Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Highest Weight: 250
    Current: 140
    Goal: 130

**Vegetarian

Protein: 110-130g/day

I have a lot of muscle on my frame at this point, and need to focus mainly on slow weight loss and shedding fat, not muscle. Eating at a low-moderate deficit, doing cardio (high intensity intervals) and lifting heavy weights. Focusing on body recomposition in addition to losing the last few pounds.

Also- there will be the occasional day I don't hit my protein goal, usually a non-lifting day when I am REALLY not in the mood to choke down more protein powder :P
    How do you do this on a veggie diet? I really struggle (and I eat eggs and fish)?