30 day shred nerves.

Options
I'm starting the 30 day shred March 1 and I'm soo nervous. I'm not active at all and way outta shape plus way overweight as well so I don't think I'm gonna be able to do the workouts completely or even get through the workouts =(. I kno I should have more confidence in myself but I kno me.
Did anyone else have trouble when they started the program? I kno it gets easier but I'm soo out of shape. Should I start with something easier?

Replies

• 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am so so so out of shape so my advice might mean nothing but....

I say go for it!!!! If it's hard, do the best you can. Keep working at it and everyday it will get easier. I've seen so many great results from the shred on here and I might look into getting it myself!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Start today. Don't wait til March 1st.

30 DS is designed so that most people can do it. It has one model doing the moves with adaptations for beginners and the other model does the more advanced moves.

Take a few breaks if you need to, and the 24 minutes will be over before you know it!
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Even if I have trouble or don't do everything correctly I'm still getting a workout in so I should still see results hopefully.
  • Cherylllyn
    Cherylllyn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I'm overweight and out of shape, but I have tried 30 shred, and I struggled at first but it got easier.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I would say give it a shot. Here's a tip, though, for in case you get too winded, your heart rate goes too high, or you can't do a certain move, but you still want to complete the workout and get your 20 minutes in. Just march in place if you're totally winded. March with high knees or jog if you can do more. I did that when I started a workout program that was challenging for me. It went from one move to the next with no or little rest just like 30DS so sometimes I'd have to march in place so I wouldn't die of lunges. Little by little I started doing the moves and after a while I could do it all.
  • Kellyanne822
    Kellyanne822 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I tried it before and never actually made it through the whole 30 days. It is pretty tough, but that's why people get such great results! You just do as much as you are able and it will get easier. Also, be prepared to be a little sore for the next few days, but that's a good thing, right?! I am going to attempt it again starting tomorrow. It is so encouraging to scroll through the message boards and see peoples' results. Don't give up! We are all in this together. Best of luck to you :-) You can do this!
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You might want to do the exercises without using any weights in the beginning. Then move to soup cans. Also, do not forget that you have to wear shoes, not do it with socks/barefoot.
  • ashleey1000
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice I'm soaking it all in! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who has these nerves.
  • sanjdee3
    sanjdee3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You'll do great! Any workout program takes time to get used to the moves and getting your body to up its activity level. In addition to 30 day shred, I highly recommend checking out fitnessblender dot com. It's has a lot of great short workouts at all levels. I started my fitness program again after 8 years of inactivity. My advice to start slow, maybe 15-20 mins 4/5 times a weeks and keep at that until you're starting to feel its less of a challenge. Then go ahead and add longer workout sessions that are suitable for your level.

I started with 20 min HIIT workouts that kicked my butt - after 30 days I was doing 30 min workouts, now at 90 days I workout 40-60 mins 5 times a week. It's all about keeping with it, pushing yourself to move for a short even when your mind is kicking and screaming. Remember your goals and you will reach them!!
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I tried it before and never actually made it through the whole 30 days. It is pretty tough, but that's why people get such great results! You just do as much as you are able and it will get easier. Also, be prepared to be a little sore for the next few days, but that's a good thing, right?! I am going to attempt it again starting tomorrow. It is so encouraging to scroll through the message boards and see peoples' results. Don't give up! We are all in this together. Best of luck to you :-) You can do this!

She's so right. At first I could only do it twice a week because my buns were screaming! It's so effective that you'll get results even if you're not doing it for the suggested 6 days per week. I worked up to doing it 5 days per week and I'd still be grunting and squealing. Well, that sounds offensive, doesn't it. :blushing:
  • jd7887
    jd7887 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Like the others have said, if a move is tough, just jog in place and keep on moving. Each day you will notice the moves getting easier. The 20 minutes goes by very quickly and you will feel AMAZING after!!!
  • ashleey1000
    Options
    I would say give it a shot. Here's a tip, though, for in case you get too winded, your heart rate goes too high, or you can't do a certain move, but you still want to complete the workout and get your 20 minutes in. Just march in place if you're totally winded. March with high knees or jog if you can do more. I did that when I started a workout program that was challenging for me. It went from one move to the next with no or little rest just like 30DS so sometimes I'd have to march in place so I wouldn't die of lunges. Little by little I started doing the moves and after a while I could do it all.
    Ok cool I was wondering about that too lol so marching or jogging when I get too winded. Thanks!
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    So I haven't done it before but I tested it tonight after the kids went to bed. I did it really really low impact because my kids were asleep and if I jump it shakes the floor. So it wasn't so bad. I say do what you can and if you have to modify some things until you can do it. I am excited to do it again tomorrow when I can actually do the whole thing.
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    I'm just now giving the 30DS a second try. First time started too close to Christmas and couldn't keep up with exercise. Back on the wagon and added a yoga meltdown by jillian. I like her encouragement, and she has a gal there with her doing modified workouts for beginners. There's cardio where you do jumping jacks, and then go into pretend jumping rope. that kills my calves! I have to march in place when they start to feel like cramping. lol... go for it! only one way to make it happen! feel free to add me :happy:
  • ashleey1000
    Options
    I'm just now giving the 30DS a second try. First time started too close to Christmas and couldn't keep up with exercise. Back on the wagon and added a yoga meltdown by jillian. I like her encouragement, and she has a gal there with her doing modified workouts for beginners. There's cardio where you do jumping jacks, and then go into pretend jumping rope. that kills my calves! I have to march in place when they start to feel like cramping. lol... go for it! only one way to make it happen! feel free to add me :happy:
    Adding u =)
  • RachelDenise30
    RachelDenise30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I tried it for the first time the other week. The first day I was sweating and panting and thought why the hell do people want to put themselves through this! I was able to do almost all the exercises (except pushups), just not as many reps. So, like others have said, I marched in place because it's better to keep some movement going than to just stop. After the second day my calves and butt hurt so damn much that I could only walk down stairs by slowly side stepping. Hurt like hell but that means it's working. I've got to get started back on it. It's so inspiring seeing before and after pictures just from doing that video alone. If so many others can do it, then I can and so can you. I think before you body adjusts to such strenuous activity you have to use some mind over matter to push yourself through. Good luck!!!
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Just do it. If you can't get through all of it the first time try again the next day. Eventually it will get easier and you will get further into it. Don't NOT start just because you think you can't do it. You can do anything you set your mind to.
  • boomerz12
    Options
    I'm only on day 2 of level one and it's tough. I hurt but what I started doing as think of every single person who has called me fat, my daughters "sperm donor" and his family who has put me down and I get super PO'd and I forget about the soreness and pain when I'm working out. You can do it! 30 days will be over in no time.
  • Juju_moore
    Juju_moore Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it March 1st also, we can do this!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Don't feel nervous - just do it. Trust me, on March 31st, you will be glad you started.

Feel free to add me for support, I've done the 30DS a couple of times (currently doing the 60 Day Shred or 30DS x 2)