30 day shred nerves.

Options

Replies

• ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Yes the pictures of ppls results on here r wat motivate me and the fact that its a 30 day workout with Jillian and I kno she's tough! I can't wait to start n FINISH
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I didn't notice that you were the OP, just kinda skimmed through the thread!! You got this, Ashley!
  • kmk_natasha
    Options
    I started it and could not finish, but by the fourth day I managed to finish (not using weights). It's more about trying than finishing, at least for the first few days.
  • belle19822000
    belle19822000 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Honey, the first EVER time I tried to exercise wasn't 30 DS, it was 10 repetitions of this: hands up in the air, bend over forward to touch toes, 10 repetition of easiest ab exercises in the world and 10 repetitions of leg exercises on my mat (laying on my hip, lifting 1 leg in the air 10 times, then other leg).

I had muscle pain foe 3 DAYS! Couldn't move... but I repeated that and again and again..... them moved to something challenging... and got to 30 DS. I wanted to die the first time! And the next. and the next! I took 2 days break and continued. Things got easier and results were visible!

Just don't quit, ok? :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

p.s. I think her Body revolution is much easier, especially since you are overweight, but the exercises are like in 30 DS only modified. If it's hard for you to use weights, start without them. Simplify moves as much as you can. Then go with 1pound weights.
    Don't jog, march in place. Don't worry if you can't even do a beginner pushup, neither could I and I wasn't overweight when I tried. Just try once, and next time try again.

Take breaks - 5-10 seconds as much as you need. No one expects you to be an athlete, you're not competing with anyone. You are just trying to do as best as you can.

She has a line she repeats (jillian) : Just give me EVERYTHING you've got. On some days you'll do better, on others not so much, but it's about you!!

Don't do it every day, have a rest day in between. You'll be fresh next time.

GOOD LUCK!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Start today. Don't wait til March 1st.

30 DS is designed so that most people can do it. It has one model doing the moves with adaptations for beginners and the other model does the more advanced moves.

Take a few breaks if you need to, and the 24 minutes will be over before you know it!

^^^ this

and also I read somewhere that it wasn't intended for people to do the 30 days straight with no rest days in between (just wondering, with a 1st of march start date, if you were planning to do the whole lot in march.,... if that's the case it might be better to start now and schedule in some rest days, you'll be finished before the end of march)
  • alijane9
    alijane9 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've just finished 30DS (with rest days every so often), and lost my back fat - take pictures before you start!! I had to modify quite a few moves because I only have a confined space to workout in - I don't think it affected the good results. It can be tough on your knees, so take care with some of the moves, watch/listen to the instructions carefully. No weights at the start is good (that's how I finished the first couple of workouts), add in and challenge yourself when you feel ready - don't go all out, overdo it and then give up. Perhaps watch each level fully before you have a go at it - you can prepare yourself then. Good luck!
  • Neha313
    Options
    30 DS starting MARCH 1. V cud start together.
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Options
    i was going to start yeaterday and decided i would wait til march too.

after reading this im wondering if it was just a delaying tactic as im stupidly scared to start.

I WILL do this tonight as soon as the kids are in bed

(no thats not just another put off, no way can i focus on that with a 2 and 5 year old running round) lol
  • heronfolder
    heronfolder Posts: 27 Member
    Options

after reading this im wondering if it was just a delaying tactic as im stupidly scared to start.

(no thats not just another put off, no way can i focus on that with a 2 and 5 year old running round) lol

Before I started I had a date in mind, because I was getting over a cold/cough/sore throat. Then I started looking at more success photos and got impatient waiting for the date, so started anyway. I've now started level 3 and wondering what programme to move onto when i'm finished! Probably going to choose another HIIT of Jillian's :)

Just start. Don't delay!
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Options

Before I started I had a date in mind, because I was getting over a cold/cough/sore throat. Then I started looking at more success photos and got impatient waiting for the date, so started anyway. I've now started level 3 and wondering what programme to move onto when i'm finished! Probably going to choose another HIIT of Jillian's :)

Just start. Don't delay!

i think your right the more pics i look at the more i want to have some of my own!!!
    how are you finding it so far
  • graciesmomma0209
    graciesmomma0209 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am going to be starting again in the next day or two. I tried it once a year or two ago and gave up after the first day. I wasn't as determined then as I am now though. If you want you can add me and we can encourage each other through it. I am very overweight as well so I know hoe nerve racking it can be to start a new exercise but dang it I want some good results like I have seen all these other people getting with it. So I determined to stick to it.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    If anything one of the best ones to start with is the 30DS!
    I started with 30DS and it has completely changed my life now I am 5 months on from when I did it. It transformed my views on exercise and being fit, motivated me and was the first exercise DVD I had stuck out all the way to the end. Now, I work out 6 days a week, have lost 3 dress sizes, eat healthier and am so close to my goal I can smell it!
    I didn't even have a goal with I started 30DS, so that's how far I have come because that was my first stepping stone.
    Do it. Stick at it. You wont regret it!
  • affini12
    Options
    this thread made me get off my lazy butt and do it. I just completed day 1. I couldn't fully do the bicycle ab workout, but pretty much everything else. I do quite a few of the moves in my Pulse (like zumba) class, especially jumping jacks, squats, lunges, and punches. The ab stuff got me. Firstly because my floor is hard and I don't have a mat. I was pouring sweat after, but I feel good so far. I used cans of fruit for weights since I don't have any. I took pics before I started, and plan on trying to measure later today.
  • ashleey1000
    Options
    :laugh: I didn't notice that you were the OP, just kinda skimmed through the thread!! You got this, Ashley!
    Lmaoo when u said add me I was confused lol thanks!!
  • ashleey1000
    Options
    Honey, the first EVER time I tried to exercise wasn't 30 DS, it was 10 repetitions of this: hands up in the air, bend over forward to touch toes, 10 repetition of easiest ab exercises in the world and 10 repetitions of leg exercises on my mat (laying on my hip, lifting 1 leg in the air 10 times, then other leg).

I had muscle pain foe 3 DAYS! Couldn't move... but I repeated that and again and again..... them moved to something challenging... and got to 30 DS. I wanted to die the first time! And the next. and the next! I took 2 days break and continued. Things got easier and results were visible!

Just don't quit, ok? :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

p.s. I think her Body revolution is much easier, especially since you are overweight, but the exercises are like in 30 DS only modified. If it's hard for you to use weights, start without them. Simplify moves as much as you can. Then go with 1pound weights.
    Don't jog, march in place. Don't worry if you can't even do a beginner pushup, neither could I and I wasn't overweight when I tried. Just try once, and next time try again.

Take breaks - 5-10 seconds as much as you need. No one expects you to be an athlete, you're not competing with anyone. You are just trying to do as best as you can.

She has a line she repeats (jillian) : Just give me EVERYTHING you've got. On some days you'll do better, on others not so much, but it's about you!!

Don't do it every day, have a rest day in between. You'll be fresh next time.

GOOD LUCK!
    Thank u =)
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Well, you'll never get in shape unless you do SOMETHING, right? Just do it. It's not long, and you can take breaks as you need them. Then do it again the next day. After a few days, you will start to realize that you need fewer and fewer breaks...
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Give it a try!

I'll be the first to admit when I first started it was horrible. I couldn't walk the next day because my body was in so much pain.. It really does get easier as you go on.

Sometimes if the movement is too tough or I find myself in too much pain I job in place instead.

Goodluck!
  • ashleey1000
    Options
    I can do some of Shaun T's rockin body workouts. Those r fairly easy.
  • tlynnest
    tlynnest Posts: 112
    Options
    Hi! I just started MFP this month and started 30 day about 10 days ago....I hurt tremendously after the first day but then...hey! after day 3...easy!!!!! (OK, maybe not easy but I could do it) Just do it as Nike says :-) Why wait???? I can already see a diference in how my clothes fit :-) Oh, and wear a supportive bra :-)
  • cupkate88
    Options
    I am going to start 40DS, was going to wait until 1st march too but may start tomorrow, sooner the better right? Heard a lot of good things about it...

Feel free to add me! Only just started working out again after having baby 15 weeks ago (there's only so long I can use this excuse for!!!) x