Embarrassing fatty moments, because you have to laugh!!

Options
Did anyone have ever a real embarassing fatty moment?? I had many! At the time, they are just the WORST but like, got to use it and get inspired, also I need to laugh at myself sometimes or I get too serious!!

I gained just the most weight around the ages 14-17. We did a school place when I am 16, and we got measured up for costumes. Of course when we get to dress rehearsal some time on, and the outfit just did not fit, like I say, I gained weight pretty rapid in my teens!! So I got the teacher and said 'Umm, I think the measurements must have been wrong, these do not fit.' The teacher was one of the nice ones, she just sort of smiled at me and said 'yeeah, um, the measurements'. i tink we both knew! anyways, they got altered and things, it was ok. But what a cringe!!! i get used to it, haha xxx

Replies

• oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I was a case manager working with mentally I'll and developmentally disabled clients. During one of our groups, we were discussing eating disorders. One client said something untrue about bulimia, so I said I didn't think that was correct. He said, "we'll you wouldn't know about that. You know, because you're fat." There was a dead silence in the room. I took that as an opportunity to say that bulimics were actually more likely to be of average weight, and moved on, but I was a little embarrassed.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I used to yoyo in weight a lot as a kid. I remember I'd outgrown some jeans, but had to wear them as part of my choir uniform. I had a solo and in rehearsal my jeans burst open in front of everyone!

Also had a pair of trousers split on a trip to Brighton.

And the classic 'When are you due?' when I wasn't pregnant :laugh:
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    Ihave had many a clothing misshap, part of the reason i got into sewing lol. Speaking of choir, I was once in one, there was a performance coming up so we all had put our size for tshirt of a piece of paper being passed round, so they can make t shirt with the name on for us. Nothing happened but for real i make sure to be last so the paper is not passed about with my size for all to see! thats classifeid info hehehe
  • doneatfour
    doneatfour Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I think I had my most embarrassing moment just recently AFTER I lost all of my weight. I had a lady come up to me and asked me how was the baby. I laughed and said "We'll he's four so I wouldn't call him a baby." She said she was referring to the one I just had, then argued with me for five minutes (or what seemed like five minutes!) in front of everyone. I don't know if she had seen me when I was in the obese range or she was referring to a time when I was just bloated (my stomach sticks out rather than spreads when I'm carrying extra weight or bloating even though I'm in the normal weight range), but I was mortified. I couldn't walk away because I'm a teacher and had to keep an eye on my students.
  • trainingdirty
    trainingdirty Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    one time my boyfriend tried to be cute and pick me up bride style. i could feel his whole body shaking under my weight, and he dropped me after a few seconds! :embarassed:
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I think I had my most embarrassing moment just recently AFTER I lost all of my weight. I had a lady come up to me and asked me how was the baby. I laughed and said "We'll he's four so I wouldn't call him a baby." She said she was referring to the one I just had, then argued with me for five minutes (or what seemed like five minutes!) in front of everyone. I don't know if she had seen me when I was in the obese range or she was referring to a time when I was just bloated (my stomach sticks out rather than spreads when I'm carrying extra weight or bloating even though I'm in the normal weight range), but I was mortified. I couldn't walk away because I'm a teacher and had to keep an eye on my students.

I did that to somebody many years ago. She said "We found out that the baby is a girl" So I said "Oh wonderful, when is she due?" She said "She's six months old." Ooops. Anyway, a few years later, I got to be that kid's teacher and I made *sure* to never mention weight or pregnancy when I talked to her mom!!
  • cheshire1865
    Options
    i got offered a seat on the tube because I was "expecting". I didn't like to point out that I was actually fat in front of a crowded tube so I thanked the gentleman and took the seat. Sat there bright red and pretending to hold my "bump". A positive to know that people still have those manners though lol!
  • NaomiJFoster
    Options
    I teacher preschool. Three year olds. They have no tact! I get a lot of "Is there a baby in your tummy?" "You have a big tushy!!" "Oooh, you're squishy!" Etc, etc, etc.

But my favorite (lol) was last year. A young three year old boy in my class was being quite gentlemanly and noticed that I was coming to the table to sit down. He got up and pulled out my chair for me. My heart melted, it was so sweet. And then....he looked at me, looked at my butt, and pulled the chair out another two feet!
  • Ewaldt
    Ewaldt Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Mine hapen in choir/theatre scenerios too! In theatre, I always had like two hideous things to choose from because they are the only things that would fit me :/ So that was great. And in show choir, I NEVER got to dance with a partner (we had a shortage of boys, so some girls had to dance alone) becuase I was both unappealing, and to big to ever be lifted or anything. Also, every time I watch the recordings of our show I can't believe that that is actually what I looked like to everyone. I am like twice the size of everyone else :( AND always in the back row!
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I had a surprise baby at the age of 41. Five years later I saw some people whom I hadn't seen since my son was a baby. They asked me when his little brother or sister was due. :tongue: I just said, "I'm too old for another baby, but not too old to be fat."
  • Suzyqall72
    Options
    Too many to count! I was a cheerleader in 6th grade (delusional on my part), and after one of our cheers, one of the guys remarked that I couldn't get off the ground. Yeah.. that was an ego deflator for sure.

Once a guy friend of mine touched my "boob" and said excuse me, but I was sitting down, and it wasn't my boob, it was my gut..

We would go shopping, and a friend would say, oh that shirt will fit, it's HUGE!, and then I try to put it on, and it doesn't fit.

We had a problem in physics class, where you were supposed to figure out your mass based on gravity and your weight, needless to say, I put 100 pounds after I saw the guy next to me checking out my work.

On my honeymoon, my husband and I waited in line forever at a theme park, when we got up front, we couldn't fit in the ride. We had to get out in front of everyone and walk down.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, well I'm strong enough..

But, this is why we're here, to get rid of those embarrassing pounds. Good luck everybody.
  • goldied01
    goldied01 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My husband and I went to a store to buy some baby clothes for my sons friend, who's wife had just had a baby. Well, like some of you , I get to hold all my extra weight in my stomach. Saw a guy who graduated with us many years ago. He was a jock and of course, he married a cheer leader. They were waiting in line with us and we all said Hello, then he asked that great question! So, when are you due? You two are having another baby?! We were in our middle forties at the time. I thought he was a jerk then and he still is! :laugh:
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    Rented a boat with family and friends on the lake 2 summers ago. It was my turn to ride on the tube and much to my embarrassment, the tube would just sink under my weight when they gassed the boat. They were all kind about it and blamed the darn "under-powered motor!"

There are many many more. :laugh:
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    My worst is actually quite funny but it wasnt at the time. I went to see Bridget Jones Diary at the cinema with friends and our seats were right at the front. Had great fun giggling at the movie but as the credits rolled i stood up and the elasticated waistband of my giant sized skirt caught ion the seat handle pulling it right down. My massive size 26 bottom was displayed in all its glory complete with my very own bridget pants to the whole cinema :blushing:
  • JamesChargerWolf
    JamesChargerWolf Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I loved a shirt I saw in Anthropologie...on a clearance rack. Found a size 16- score! Found the size 00 salesperson & I went to try it on. This particular store was very warm, too warm. The shirt was not at all stretchy and had a zipper on the side. I put it on even though it was awkward to get over my head. I looked at it for a bit thinking "Hmm, this might be a little snug. Too bad. It's gorgeous. Oh well."

Then I went to take it off... remember warm store, awkward side zipper, no stretch? I couldn't get the damn thing off. I had started to sweat and the damn thing got stuck around my shoulders. My torso is fully showing, my arms are up in the air, helpless. I was NOT about to ask size 00 to help me out of the size 16 that I got stuck in. I just struggled like an idiot until I finally managed to get out of the thing.

If they record the rooms for security I KNOW that tape was widely distributed!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    When I wasn't allowed to ride Raging Bull at Six Flags with my friends because they couldn't get the safety thing down far enough :( that was the second year we went, but the year previous (when I hadn't packed on an extra thirty pounds), I was still JUST barely small enough. In fact, I could feel that really, it should have 'clicked' down once more, but when the indifferent teenage boy came around to check it he shrugged and said it was 'good enough'.

I spent that entire ride (which was my first time on Raging Bull, too) TERRIFIED that I was going to fly off and die because my fatness would break the safety bar! :laugh:
  • wildaaron
    wildaaron Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You should have just been all "DO YOU EVEN LIFT?!?!" and make it out to be his fault. lol
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    When I was in Anything Goes last year, I had these beautiful costumes that were all matchy-matchy with the girl who played Hope (I was Mrs. Harcourt). Anyway, the costume director was having me try them on and helping me squeeze into them. I loved the costumes, but there was no way I was going to be able to tap dance in them! I decided I was going to try regardless, but after taking a few steps in a particularly amazing costume, my butt broke the skirt wide open in the back. I almost started crying right there in the dressing room
  • NaomiJFoster
    Options
    When I was in Anything Goes last year, I had these beautiful costumes that were all matchy-matchy with the girl who played Hope (I was Mrs. Harcourt). Anyway, the costume director was having me try them on and helping me squeeze into them. I loved the costumes, but there was no way I was going to be able to tap dance in them! I decided I was going to try regardless, but after taking a few steps in a particularly amazing costume, my butt broke the skirt wide open in the back. I almost started crying right there in the dressing room

Gorgeous costumes in that show!! I just saw it again in December. But I'm sorry for your wardrobe malfunction!
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Fifteen years ago, my former husband and I moved from Massachusetts to Maine and one of our first stops in the days after arriving there was the Registry of Motor Vehicles to get out driver's licenses and car registrations switched over. They handed us forms to fill out, including writing in height, eye color, hair color, and, you guessed it... weight. I put my height.... 5'1"... and then my weight. At that point in my life I had gotten pretty heavy. I wasn't happy with much of anything that was going on in my world, especially my marriage, and the fact that I had always been a "stress" eater had taken a toll. I under-reported my weight as I filled out the form... I put 150 pounds, which was bad enough, but I actually weighed closer to 170. My darling, thoughtful, and now EX husband looks over and loudly exclaims... "150 pounds? HA! You wish that's all it was!". I was mortified! Oh well... jokes on him... I lost all of that weight and then some, not to mention the additional 180 pounds of him! I should also mention, he was only 5'3" (though he told everyone he was taller) and now weighs 220. Karma.