What is the WORST food and nutrition advice....

Options

Replies

• tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    My favorite is "Go ahead and eat it, everyone needs a break now and then" (to include all other variations, just one won't hurt, etc)usually from a friend or coworker that is not successful at losing weight.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options

?
  • d4ley1
    d4ley1 Posts: 73
    Options
    lard dippen in sugar then frozen
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Absolutely anything that has the word "cleanse" in it :laugh:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

?

kind of confused...OP asked for worst nutrition advice not your opinion on them...
  • Dragon67
    Dragon67 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You can eat as much as you like of X_Y_Z product on this plan as it is completely FREE ... but really we advise you eat until to feel full............. !!:indifferent:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My husband's entire family did HCG and tried to get me to go on it with them.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    ~You need to cut out X/Y/Z in order to lose weight.~ Wrong...been eating it all and still losing and healthy.
    ~I eat less than 500 calories a day, every day and am healthy.~ Sorry, but if your intention is to look like Ghaundi then yes, I would say you are on track. But unless you are doing a 5/2 fast or are doing it as per doctor supervision then...EAT!
    ~"Well on Biggest Loser they did this...."~ There is a reason why someone walked off the show, that's all I am saying.
  • VenusEnvy
    VenusEnvy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Adkins. I admit I tried this, not to lose weight, but since my DH wanted to try it. I was disgusted and was majorly craving a bran muffin, as if it was triple chocolate cake, by day 2. I didn't stay on it since all that fat intake disgusted me.

Second to that was, "Take Stacker 2 -- it is all natural and healthy way to drop a few pounds". I didn't try that one. I have an arrhythmia and sudden cardiac death didn't sound appealing.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    carbs make you fat and fruit has too much sugar
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    "In order to be elite, you have to eat clean"
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Second to that was, "Take Stacker 2 -- it is all natural and healthy way to drop a few pounds". I didn't try that one. I have an arrhythmia and sudden cardiac death didn't sound appealing.

OMG...I tried those one time because someone recommended taking them for energy on a drive home one time. WORST thing I ever did. I couldn't even get a fork full of eggs into my mouth my hand was shaking so much.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I remember when detoxing was big business (they've relaunched it as cleansing now) and they claimed the reason you felt so aweful from doing it is because during the first few weeks your fat cells would explode and release all the E numbers your body had stored. Then the detox would help you body remove them from your system.

I pretty sure that was the one Carol Vorderman promoted.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options

Yeah along those lines the smaller meals, nutrient timing, and any thinking of xyz supplement really matters have been some of my most frustrating
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    eat six small meals a day to stroke your metabolic fire = BS

or - if you do not eat six small meals a day you will go into starvation mode = this sounds like nails scraping across black board...shivering...

I don't think it really matters, I eat little meals all day. Never been overweight
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

My only problem with this statement being considered the worst advice is that most of the elite do eat clean. Granted, correlation does not equal causation, but it's hard to argue with the top 5% when it comes to advice on how to be one of the top 5%. Now granted, this may only apply to strength training, because I know exactly nothing about how elite runners and the like feed themselves, nor do I honestly care.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    'Raspberry Ketones' -_-

and 'It doesn't matter what you eat, as long as you exercise'. -_-
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    'Raspberry Ketones' -_-

But I love their music. :laugh:
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    Eat shirataki noodles, 40-calorie tortillas, some banana chocolate crappola in a cup, etc. because they are all great substitutes for the real thing... :sick:

No, thank you!! I'll stick to eating real pasta, tortillas, desserts, etc. in moderation!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Eating like a bird and avoiding fats, carbs and proteins.